If money and travel were not issues...

This is a question for people who have been following this industry for a while: If money and travel were not issues, which doctors would be in your top five list for hair restoration surgery?  (Doctors must be able to do FUE procedures)

Thanks!

4 hours ago, MrZennie said:

This is a question for people who have been following this industry for a while: If money and travel were not issues, which doctors would be in your top five list for hair restoration surgery?  (Doctors must be able to do FUE procedures)

Thanks!

Dr. Arocha, Dr. Gabel, Dr. Alexander, Dr. Mohebi, Dr. Farjo.  

3 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Very interesting list. Care to elaborate why you chose these doctors? Also, op said doctor must be able to do fue. Alexander only uses artas for fue so I don’t think that’s a good option.

i know you worked for arocha in the past but have you worked with any other of these docs?

35 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Hey Laser, would you mind elaborating on your selection?

It's different to most people's, who opt with the likes of: H&W, Konior, Lorenzo (who I personally would have listed).

I only ask as you're one of the more knowledgeable members of this forum, and I'm sure you have an interesting insight.

6 hours ago, LaserCap said:

2 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Gotta admit i agree with Greg and JJ on this one, with the only person on your list I'd trust being Gabel.

Arocha i wouldnt trust to take my photo and Farjo can't seem to dense pack to save his life. I'd be fascinated at your reasoning.

To address OP's question I agree with Aftermath's assessment; H&W, Lorenzo and I'd also add Konior and Nadimi to the list. I'd also feel entirely comfortable turning up to Bloxham's clinic and let him do whatever he felt like

This is exactly one year post op a 2k session with Farjo. Saw him in person a couple of weeks before these pics were taken and he was happy to leave my journey right there. Said that’s as good as modern HT’s get. Not gonna comment on whether it’s good or bad, I’ll let you guys decide

6F5680FB-EEE8-46BE-8448-6005F86265BD.jpeg

B8BB21BE-137B-4F3B-BC10-D977D2A10296.jpeg

• 5 months later...

If money and travel were not issues... Dr Juan Couto in Spain would be the best option nowadays: Extraordinary densities, amazing natural hairlines, temples like no other and highest % of graft survival.

And no matter what type or big or small alopecia, Couto looks like he can do it all bordering on perfection in all his cases.

Just a couple of examples from FUExpert Clinic YouTtube Channel... AMAZING RESULTS!

Best of luck on you search!!

1 hour ago, OliverAtom said:

If money and travel were not issues... Dr Juan Couto in Spain would be the best option nowadays: Extraordinary densities, amazing natural hairlines, temples like no other and highest % of graft survival.

And no matter what type or big or small alopecia, Couto looks like he can do it all bordering on perfection in all his cases.

Just a couple of examples from FUExpert Clinic YouTtube Channel... AMAZING RESULTS!

Best of luck on you search!!

Pretty much every case he has is on Spanish guys. Spanish guys have the best donor supply, and the best hair characteristics for density and coverage. Not saying he isn’t a fantastic surgeon, just that the type of patients he works on routinely make his work look far better than if he’s operating on your average white or Asian guy 

• Like 1

• Administrators

5 years ago it was Dr. Lorenzo lol both coincidentally in Spain hmm wonder why their results look so amazing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

5 years ago it was Dr. Lorenzo lol both coincidentally in Spain hmm wonder why their results look so amazing.

I remember talking to dr hasson in his office about this case. This was a single pass and dr hasson commented on how easy it was to achieve density because of the guys Spanish heritage, he also said the guy had plenty of donor left

A7749ACE-B136-403C-B105-8275C7E00B3D.jpeg

4BF66080-FF5B-48A5-8E30-4026A73D3D99.jpeg

7F41621D-0EAF-4B22-875D-1C80E6A69D42.jpeg

61DA4317-B5DC-4D88-96CC-2223F184E58D.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

Hey @AftermathYou work for Dr. Hasson at all? You promote him on these forums so I’m just wondering Before someone pays the price is there any info we should Know. When he saw some of the bad work from fario did you end up removing some of it?

No mate, I’m just a grateful patient, zero financial incentives unfortunately. The work by farjo wasn’t bad in that it needed removing, the lack of density just made it look terrible 

The best results I have seen with FUE belong to Raymond Konior, Jose Lorenzo and Juan Couto.

4 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

The best results I have seen with FUE belong to Raymond Konior, Jose Lorenzo and Juan Couto.

Meh, I mean no disrespect because he’s great and very ethical but konior is overrated to me. Just my personal opinion, still an elite world class surgeon but on this site it’s like he’s a god!😂

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Aftermath said:

I remember talking to dr hasson in his office about this case. This was a single pass and dr hasson commented on how easy it was to achieve density because of the guys Spanish heritage, he also said the guy had plenty of donor left

That’s insane density, I don’t think people understand the difference hair characteristics make. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

here we go again with couto... lol

+1

I wonder why there is currently this hype around certain clinics based on youtube videos and pictures from the clinic. Almost any clinic can select cases which look good under the right boundary conditions.

Couto is great but the few patient reports which were linked here are not better than other clinics in here. 

Couto is also just an example. The hype train is on fire lately. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

I dont get the saying that 'spanish guys has the best donot', why does it matter what donor density they have, at the end of the day there is a number of grafts used for the procedure, and when we compare results from different doctors we do it by comparing similar cases where same amount of grafts cover same area size,  dont we? so the question is why a non-spanish guy with same hairloss pattern would get different result with same number of gratfs?

I do understand the hair characteristic importance. But honestly I dont see something special in the hair of those guys. Actually the guy from the first video that @OliverAtom posted has kinda similar hair to mine, a dark wavy hair. And the results look very good

Edited by karatekid
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, karatekid said:

I dont get the saying that 'spanish guys has the best donot', what doest it matter what donor density they have, at the of the day there is a number of grafts ….

With great donor, people refer to hair characteristics: Two effects come to play - Hair diameter and HGI (Hair to Graft Index) with the third being waviness. 

Examples: Double the hair diameter gives approx. the coverage of 4 times the # of grafts. I have seen HGI vary between 1.8 and 2.8 which also gives a great difference in coverage.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, Aftermath said:

Pretty much every case he has is on Spanish guys. Spanish guys have the best donor supply, and the best hair characteristics for density and coverage. Not saying he isn’t a fantastic surgeon, just that the type of patients he works on routinely make his work look far better than if he’s operating on your average white or Asian guy 

Not true. Most of his clients come from other parts of europe.

French is the average white guy in europe. Spaniard is the 2nd average white guy in europe that he works on.

My friend from London is on one of his vids. But he was on a long waiting list. I dont recommend the doc since you'll be waiting years for a consult with him.

Edited by alboz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

With great donor, people refer to hair characteristics: Two effects come to play - Hair diameter and HGI (Hair to Graft Index) with the third being waviness. 

Examples: Double the hair diameter gives approx. the coverage of 4 times the # of grafts. I have seen HGI vary between 1.8 and 2.8 which also gives a great difference in coverage.

GHI is a double edge sword for hairline. Mine was ultra high and the doc had a lot of troubles to find singles.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:24 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Couto is great but the few patient reports which were linked here are not better than other clinics in here.

That makes no sense. I've yet to see any US clinic produce anything near as good as couto. Are you saying this cuz you represent a US clinic?

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 8:27 AM, Aftermath said:

OK. So you go a get the BEST result from Hasson. Dr Hasson himself talks about this result as:

"a result that would be considered a “home run”".
Hasson also says about this case that: "could arguably be the best single session hair transplant 
ever."

And you are comparing the BEST result from Dr Hasson with these cases in which Dr Couto with
considerably fewer grafts gets equal or even better results : )

For example on this one case, Dr Couto uses HALF the grafts than Hasson. Yeah yeah, no KIDDING ... half the grafts 4200 vs 8400 ?!?!?! And this is just one of the many reasons there is no one like Dr Couto:

1225982089_CoutovsHasson.jpg.dc7c5798405a9076f8143a33e765e394.jpg

And then what to say about this other case/comparison.
Dr Couto operates on an IRRADIATED SCALP with just 5800 FUE Grafts ... while Dr Hasson get 8400 with the FUT Technique ...
327567488_COUTOVSHASSON2.png.54b7ccd0fed7d469f64edf0213d72bef.png

Dr Hasson was the king a decade ago, amazing FUT surgeon and he is still great, I do respect him because in 2010 when I started my research on Hair Transplants Hasson was the man, but ... with Dr Couto and the FUE technique we are talking about something else nowadays ...

Well, I dont think there´s much more to say... RESULTS speak for themselves