My 5512 grafts FUE surgery with Dr.Koray Erdogan 08-09/08/2019

3 minutes ago, HT explorer said:

Thanks mate, just another point, the density in the temporal and parietal areas were low in compared to the occipital part.

temporal: 56-57 fu/cm2

Parietal: 65-66 fu/cm2

occipital: 109 fu/cm2

Do you think it could be the reason?

You’re welcome!

Possibly but to be honest Im more thinking it’s just traumatic shock loss that will regrow back with a little time. I saw a case on here a while back of a guy who had such really bad patchy shock loss it looked like Alopecia Areata but after a year it all grew back and his results looked fantastic, not sure if the case of on this forum or another but I do remember it.

3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

You’re welcome!

Possibly but to be honest Im more thinking it’s just traumatic shock loss that will regrow back with a little time. I saw a case on here a while back of a guy who had such really bad patchy shock loss it looked like Alopecia Areata but after a year it all grew back and his results looked fantastic, not sure if the case of on this forum or another but I do remember it.

OMG. 1 year is really very long time, i hope its not the case, and every thing will seems normal after 3-4 months.

But i agree with you that it looks different than the well defined patches of shock loss, its like a diffuse and irregular thinning of the donor, and thats why i am really worried at the moment.

A good news that they only use 600 grafts in the temporal areas, while the bad one that they used around 2000 grafts from the parietal regions. I have also contacted my coordinator and she said it looks normal and nothing to be worried about, even though i expect all answers to be the same from now on, since there is nothing to do.

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

That looks like shock loss to me, it should grow back in a couple of months.

From what I read over the years, shock loss in most cases is temporary and u will fully recover your hair in a few months. Nothing to worry about. 

5 hours ago, HT explorer said:

OMG. 1 year is really very long time, i hope its not the case, and every thing will seems normal after 3-4 months.

But i agree with you that it looks different than the well defined patches of shock loss, its like a diffuse and irregular thinning of the donor, and thats why i am really worried at the moment.

A good news that they only use 600 grafts in the temporal areas, while the bad one that they used around 2000 grafts from the parietal regions. I have also contacted my coordinator and she said it looks normal and nothing to be worried about, even though i expect all answers to be the same from now on, since there is nothing to do.

No, I’m not saying it will take for you up to 1 year to recover the shock loss, just the sever case I saw, 3-4 months is much more realistic. No need to worry yourself just give it time.

• Valued Contributor

Man, I think this looks great. I don’t think you should worry about it at all at this point. It looks normal at this early stage. I agree with Cosmo, you should see your donor growth come back in a few months. Congratulations!! Looking forward to your final result!

5 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Man, I think this looks great. I don’t think you should worry about it at all at this point. It looks normal at this early stage. I agree with Cosmo, you should see your donor growth come back in a few months. Congratulations!! Looking forward to your final result!

Thanks buddy.

I might really need to give it more time and keep away for the mirror for a while, until things getting better.

• 4 weeks later...

56 days update.

Donor is still misrable, patchy and looks empty. Transplanted area is almost similar to others. Shedding has stopped 1 week ago. Also i have added biotin and msm to my regiemen hoping for a faster hair growth.

Waiting for everyone thoughts.

20191004_193434.jpg

20191004_130647.jpg

20191004_193340.jpg

20191004_193418.jpg

23 minutes ago, HT explorer said:

56 days update.

Donor is still misrable, patchy and looks empty. Transplanted area is almost similar to others. Shedding has stopped 1 week ago. Also i have added biotin and msm to my regiemen hoping for a faster hair growth.

Waiting for everyone thoughts.

20191004_193434.jpg

20191004_130647.jpg

20191004_193340.jpg

20191004_193418.jpg

I know it’s easy for me to say because I’m not the one living with it, but at two months is when you’re looking at your worst. There will be shock loss likely in both donor and recipient areas and any transplanted hairs will have shed.

its just a waiting game at this point, there’s not much you can do but wait and see how it pans out. It’s certainly going to improve in both recipient and donor areas but obsessing over it won’t make it happen quicker. make sure you’re on hair loss meds, rogaine and fin and wait it out.

• Administrators

Definitely looks like shock loss to me. Two months is the right in the middle of ugly duckling phase. I suggest growing out the sides a bit longer until it subsides.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yea looks like shock loss, the trauma of the surgery can knock out adjacent hair. It did in me also. Just give it time. 6months it took for most to come back in my donor area. You can try to put minoxidil on donor area to potentially speed it up

Edited by BlessUp

Just now, Gasthoerer said:

Are you back on Minox? Could be also shedding from stopping Minox. Especially as areas above you ears appear a littly patchy and there were no grafts taken from that area. 

No. I stopped using minoxidil 3 weeks before the surgery, and never get back to it. But since the beginning i wasnt applying minox at these area at all, so its not a cause.

• 2 months later...

Its been 4.5 months since my surgery. Sorry for not updating my situation, since my wife gave birth last month and been so busy with work and life.

Regarding the transplant result, the good news that donor area improved almost close to the preoperative status.

The transplanted area is improving but stil far away from being acceptal, and cannot leave home without wearing a hat.

I will try to upload some photos at months 5

I can imagine how busy u are with the  baby and everything.

About the transplant you have plenty of time for growth so am sure your result will be  amazing.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Thanks, best luck with everything

• 3 weeks later...

5 months and 1 week update:

A brief update during the first week of month 5, as shown in the photos below, a minor improvement in the transplanted area noticed, epecially the frontal and midscalp areas, while crown area is stil behind schedule, but according to some HT patients, it could require more time for the crown to be filled, eventhough Dr. Koray left part of the crown out of the procedure, for the finestraide to have its effect on hair regrowth.

Happy about the donor, despite its not being totally normal and some spaces exisits in the temporal and parietal areas.

Waiting for your comments and thoughts.

20200115_185908.jpg

20200115_185714.jpg

20200115_185837.jpg

20200115_185758.jpg

IMG-20200115-WA0017.jpg

20200115_192508.jpg

• 2 months later...

7 months and 3 weeks update:

As a brief update, since i am close to the 8 months mark, as you see in the photos below, transplanted area improved than the last update at 5 months, but not for the crown area that i think will need another procedure in the future.

The most thing that bothers me is the donor area, especially the sides, since its still not recovered totally and to be honest cannot accept it being that way, so if still remains the same with time progression, i will try to correct it, hopefully with the crown restoration surgery, if possible. 

And another point, even if Asmed offers me a touch up procedure, i will never accept, since overall i am not happy with the result so far, and more important for me is the remaining hair that i still have, which i will never waste it again with other tech clinic. From my point of view, difference between 1000$ and 100,000$ surgeon is the management of the donor area.

Waiting for your thought guys.

20200328_205954.jpg

20200328_210619.jpg

Point Blur_Mar282020_212005.jpg

Point Blur_Mar282020_212056.jpg

Point Blur_Mar282020_212207.jpg

1 hour ago, HT explorer said:

7 months and 3 weeks update:

As a brief update, since i am close to the 8 months mark, as you see in the photos below, transplanted area improved than the last update at 5 months, but not for the crown area that i think will need another procedure in the future.

The most thing that bothers me is the donor area, especially the sides, since its still not recovered totally and to be honest cannot accept it being that way, so if still remains the same with time progression, i will try to correct it, hopefully with the crown restoration surgery, if possible. 

And another point, even if Asmed offers me a touch up procedure, i will never accept, since overall i am not happy with the result so far, and more important for me is the remaining hair that i still have, which i will never waste it again with other tech clinic. From my point of view, difference between 1000$ and 100,000$ surgeon is the management of the donor area.

Waiting for your thought guys.

20200328_205954.jpg

20200328_210619.jpg

Point Blur_Mar282020_212005.jpg

Point Blur_Mar282020_212056.jpg

Point Blur_Mar282020_212207.jpg

How will u address the donor? Smp?

3 minutes ago, PlzRespond said:

How will u address the donor? Smp?

I am not consideing smp, since am usyally not cutting my hair too short, so this leaves me with only option which is redistribution of the donor. I kow its a difficult procedure, but i previously watched a video for Dr.lorenzo showing a case with overharvested donor fixed with a multiple procedures of hair transplant

• 2 months later...

Looking at your donor and seeing your pre-op graft count: Your sides were very thin to begin with. Extraction pattern in this region looks good despite that fact. I see only one small area on the left which is a little critical. Honestly, even the areas above your ears where no grafts were taken look patchy. The surgery alone cannot be responsible cause no grafts were taken. Do you have pics when you were younger from that area? Where this parts always that thin or are this hairs DHT sensitive too?

The results itself looks quite good so far IMO but better pics would help to judge it. Hair looks a little frizzy still, maybe a sign that the process of improvement is still ongoing. Keep the faith! 

• 1 year later...

Yes, send us an update.  We're quite curious.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.