Corbinite

3000 grafts ALL BODY Hair. Donor not touched w Dr Bisanga

I am a victim of a bad hair transplant surgery. Dr Bisanga was kind enough to help out:

I had a procedure with him last November 2018...I would say I've had quite the improvement, but I may need to see him again.

Before:

IMG-20190422-WA0009.jpg.33da1843c4e7778fdfcd14d33ed01c04.jpg

275713249_ScreenShot2019-02-11at2_31_24AM.png.a88110e8cbf76cc09ec1b24a9966f8aa.png

Here are my photos:

Jan 12 2019:

938609281_ScreenShot2019-08-13at8_35_07PM.png.cb4b662a6d007c1a20be04bb97105ddf.png

IMG-20190112-WA0004.thumb.jpg.9a4d790076592524888d8f2c8db5b826.jpg

February 2019:

198267679_ScreenShot2019-08-13at8_35_58PM.png.3be26bf1aba28d1a2a10005a8ec358f3.png

516209532_ScreenShot2019-08-13at8_36_24PM.png.fd606e16abaf88dbcc1a80d1eee75901.png

IMG-20190214-WA0001.thumb.jpg.cfe9e2c8ccd6609e42d917da773d8898.jpg

April 2019

IMG-20190422-WA0002.thumb.jpg.8e56bfee2c19848faa1d43615cc9d140.jpg

1568697884_ScreenShot2019-08-13at8_36_38PM.png.7beb12d8344378324587eb4d6f595765.png

1996096047_ScreenShot2019-08-13at8_39_36PM.png.ce7530dca9484528bb8147f4487f1d24.png

So currently, I pretty much look like how I am in the April picture. I want to return back to get some places filled out...I also want to test out using leg hair as well. This would be a big game changer for me if the leg hairs work. I'll bring that up to Dr Bisanga and see what he thinks.

Edited by Corbinite

Wow that’s incredible for BHT. Where was the hair extracted? Beard, chest? Also, do you mind posting photos of the harvesting sites. There’s not a lot of BHT examples, and as someone who wants to get BHT some day this highly intrigues me. Thanks for posting.

Please consider creating a patent website, it’s free and gets linked to your surgeons profile.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Corbinite said:

Yup! It was 1500 from beard and 1500 from chest. I look normal. Not really any visible scarring.

Do you notice a difference from the native hair to beard hair? 

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do you notice a difference from the native hair to beard hair? 

Yeah, I notice a difference in the texture, but in the actual look, I don't recognize anything significant. 

If you look closely, you can see that the beard hair reflects light more or something. It appears a little shinier, but that doesn't bother me.

Edited by Corbinite

Looks good. You could probably shave to a number one and it would look natural.

hows your donor areas? Is there noticeable scarring on your beard, neck, elswhere?

9 hours ago, Corbinite said:

Yeah, I notice a difference in the texture, but in the actual look, I don't recognize anything significant. 

If you look closely, you can see that the beard hair reflects light more or something. It appears a little shinier, but that doesn't bother me.

Have you thought of adding body hair to the donor to make up for depletion?

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Didn’t you get umars opinion on this a while back? Did he say it’s viable?

10 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Didn’t you get umars opinion on this a while back? Did he say it’s viable?

Dr. Konior told me this was possible, but I’ve yet to see an example of this. I think this would be the way to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yes! This is something I want to do. I was hoping if Dr Bisanga could use leg hair to add density to the donor area...my leg hairs are long and thick. I don't think I've met anyone with longer and thicker leg hairs than me hahaha. Hopefully it comes in handy.

The only issue is that leg hairs tend to be in anagen stages for too long or something...so i don't know how successful the extractions will be. I get mixed responses from surgeons about leg hair as a viable donor. It's such a case specific thing...

14 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Konior told me this was possible, but I’ve yet to see an example of this. I think this would be the way to go.

Interesting...is it mainly beard grafts he does?

1 hour ago, Corbinite said:

Yes! This is something I want to do. I was hoping if Dr Bisanga could use leg hair to add density to the donor area...my leg hairs are long and thick. I don't think I've met anyone with longer and thicker leg hairs than me hahaha. Hopefully it comes in handy.

The only issue is that leg hairs tend to be in anagen stages for too long or something...so i don't know how successful the extractions will be. I get mixed responses from surgeons about leg hair as a viable donor. It's such a case specific thing...

I’d stay away from leg hair. I’ve heard from dr. Bhattis rep that arm pit hair is better.

^ I have a lot of armpit hair, so that's good...and yes, I have spoken to Dr Bhatti too.

He is very against leg hair...Not sure why that is...I feel like I always keep my side of hair cropped short. And my leg hairs can grow at least 2 inches, so I feel it would be a perfect addition to the side part of my head which looks depleted now.

Edited by Corbinite

27 minutes ago, Corbinite said:

^ I have a lot of armpit hair, so that's good...and yes, I have spoken to Dr Bhatti too.

He is very against leg hair...Not sure why that is...I feel like I always keep my side of hair cropped short. And my leg hairs can grow at least 2 inches, so I feel it would be a perfect addition to the side part of my head which looks depleted now.

Do you mind posting pictures of your donor and giving us the backstory of how you got in this position?

Sure, but maybe in a different post. Basically I got botched hard by Dr Umar. I'm hoping to recover and hopefully have an overall good hair that I can wear short.

Right now, my donor is depleted. It's a bit hard to cut my hair short without it looking bad. I think just a 1000 grafts (Leg hair? Chest hair?) on each side of the head could make a huge improvement in the moth eaten look I have going on.

2 minutes ago, Corbinite said:

Sure, but maybe in a different post. Basically I got botched hard by Dr Umar. I'm hoping to recover and hopefully have an overall good hair that I can wear short.

Right now, my donor is depleted. It's a bit hard to cut my hair short without it looking bad. I think just a 1000 grafts (Leg hair? Chest hair?) on each side of the head could make a huge improvement in the moth eaten look I have going on.

Sorry to hear that, let us know if we can help.

25 minutes ago, Corbinite said:

Another umar case? I think @elduterino is another unhappy umar case

If anyone knows anything about a good leg hair or armpit/pubic hair transplant, I would be open to that because I have a lot of body hairs.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:00 PM, jj51702 said:

Another umar case? I think @elduterino is another unhappy umar case

Edited by det9925
grammar

Thanks so much for sharing!

I must say this is quite inspiring to see and has made me rethink my own future options. Sorry about your past experiences but Bisanga seems to have treated you well.

Just wish I was a bit more hairy myself

Yes! I would keep this thread only about Bisanga. He did a great job. I also want to give a special shout out to Hilde, Dr Bisanga's point of contact. She is amazing. She goes above and beyond and responds very quickly to inquiries. She is kinda like a big sister to me :)

Edited by Corbinite

Next steps for me is to see if I can fill out the frontal part...if I can do this, I'd be so happy.

Also, I want to fill out my sides where it looks depleted. In a perfect world, I'd wish it were possible to use my leg hairs which can grow up to 2-3 inches easily. Or my chest hair, but I hope to save enough to fix my crown eventually down the line.