*SERIOUS* problems on our Forum

• Moderators
On 8/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, transplantedphil said:

I guess a repair patient would technically be defined as any patient that requires further surgical attention (repaired) in order to achieve a natural appearance. 

I'd also recommend making @BeHappyand @LaserCap some type of independent advisors for the site given their vast knowledge and experience

Thank you for the compliment. As for having a repair section, I used to think this as well since I am a repair patient and really wanted a place to see how others were handling their repairs. However I eventually realized that almost everyone these days who wants more work considers themselves in need of a repair, so a special section for it would be of no real use as it would just be the same as the current results posted by patients section. That "repair" word gets thrown around way too easily. Most people will need more than one procedure to get results and density that is acceptable to them. You are not a repair patient if after one session your hair isn't as thick as you'd like it to be or if you decide you don't like the design of the hairline and want to adjust it.

There was a lengthy thread about a "botched" result because the front wasn't thick enough and then the original poster showed about 4 different patients from the same Dr with similar low-ish hairlines with a thinning look to the frontal area. I didn't post in that thread, but I really wanted to ask why he went to that Dr if he is showing us the work that Dr does and doesn't like it. That doesn't make any sense to me. That's why this forum exists. You can look at other patients results and decide which Dr fits your style of hairline and thickness you are looking for. There was nothing wrong with any of the patient results that he posted as far as what the work looked like other than they were all a bit thin. Perhaps that Drs idea is to to give the patient a nice hairline placement while being a bit conservative on the number of grafts used. You can always add more grafts in another session if you think it's too thin for you. There is nothing wrong with that and any patient going there should realize that. If you are someone who wants a lower hairline, but also concerned about future loss and want to conserve donor hair, then that may be a good fit. I personally prefer a slightly lower hairline  (not too low) with a slightly thinner overall density rather than getting a high hairline with thick density, so I saw nothing wrong.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
On 8/13/2019 at 11:02 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

We could all learn a thing or two from behappy. After all he’s been through his outlook is to be applauded.

Oh believe me I have some VERY bad days. I just don't post about it. It's been a 30+ year nightmare and I don't know when it will really end. All I wanted was to be able to be early 20s without having women my age thinking I'm some creepy old guy trying to hit on them and thinking I'm as old as their dad and then having women twice as old as me in their mid 40s wanting to date me. It was horrible and I just wanted to fix that and all I needed was more hair. My face was fine. I went from having women say I was cute to being the old, ugly, creepy guy in probably less than two years. It's sooo depressing when I think about how many years I lost going through the hair transplants.

• Sad 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Oh believe me I have some VERY bad days. I just don't post about it. It's been a 30+ year nightmare and I don't know when it will really end. All I wanted was to be able to be early 20s without having women my age thinking I'm some creepy old guy trying to hit on them and thinking I'm as old as their dad and then having women twice as old as me in their mid 40s wanting to date me. It was horrible and I just wanted to fix that and all I needed was more hair. My face was fine. I went from having women say I was cute to being the old, ugly, creepy guy in probably less than two years. It's sooo depressing when I think about how many years I lost going through the hair transplants.

You’re a true repair patient. You and Sanjar who essentially received the same kind of procedure you did in the late 80’s early 90’s.

People don’t understand how crooked the hair transplant industry back then. Patients had no voice. This is why I’m so passionate about the work I do here. We offer a valuable service, which is collective wisdom and power in numbers. 

I totally understand the feelings. I was essentially bald at 29. My youth was robbed. My dating life was 10x better last year than it ever was in my 20’s. The good news is now you look better with the salt and pepper.

I would play around with dermmatch. I wouldn’t use it all over your scalp. Just in the lateral humps and midscalp. This would tie everything together and give you a slightly less balding look, which would certainly suit your age now. I don’t mind filming a little tutorial for you. The trick is not overdoing it. Lowering the contrast slightly works wonders.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There certainly are some significant people here who contribute their experiences and knowledge all in the interest of helping the next patient be more informed so they can make the best decisions.

And Melvin, you are and continue to be one of the best moderators that we all benefit from...keep up the awesome job my good friend!...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

4 hours ago, gillenator said:

There certainly are some significant people here who contribute their experiences and knowledge all in the interest of helping the next patient be more informed so they can make the best decisions.

And Melvin, you are and continue to be one of the best moderators that we all benefit from...keep up the awesome job my good friend!...;)

Agreed. Not to suck kneecaps or anything, buuuut... This community has always been great ever since I joined 5 years ago - and it's only gotten better with Melvin being such a key player. It's noticed and appreciated @Melvin-Moderator

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:32 PM, transplantedphil said:

sorry i forgot you @gillenator

Melvin, I wouldn't even bother posting this now if I didn't think you weren't going to change this place for the better. I wish you luck :)

No problem Phil...you are a true and genuine brother here and so is Melvin...;)

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY