How did Joe Rogan remove his hair transplant.

hi guys, thanks for viewing the thread. As the title states, i'm wonderin how did joe rogan manage to remove his hair transplant & look so good, as if nothing has happened in the area. i know he says he shaves his head every 3 days in one of his podcasts, but I am wondering if he manually fue'd out the previous 3 transplants he did or what? His head looks as if it is of virgin scalp or skin, like its never been touched. I know he still has his FUT scar in the back. 

Thanks for your time, hope someone can chime in on this. I've searched the entire wide web, couldnt find nothing.

No idea, I don’t think he’s never publicly talked about that part of his transplant. I just assumed he continued to shave with a razor. He did say he dropped the meds he was using and lost a lot of hair (I’m assuming native) so all he might have is transplants up there.

haha me too!!

6 hours ago, MrZennie said:

I love his line about his transplant: "..it’s like taking a bunch of really healthy people and you move them into a neighborhood where everyone’s dying"  LOL

7 hours ago, jj51702 said:

No idea, I don’t think he’s never publicly talked about that part of his transplant. I just assumed he continued to shave with a razor. He did say he dropped the meds he was using and lost a lot of hair (I’m assuming native) so all he might have is transplants up there.

if he just shaved witha razor his scalp would not look the way it does. i think he fued them out.

12 minutes ago, in2deep said:

if he just shaved witha razor his scalp would not look the way it does. i think he fued them out.

I’m no expert on this by any means but don’t you think if he cared that much to have them FUEd out, he would implant some into his strip scar?

I can still see some faint shadow on the top of his head when shaved. Also remember, as you get older and your hair goes white, it doesn’t show on the skin especially when shaved 

1 minute ago, jj51702 said:

I’m no expert on this by any means but don’t you think if he cared that much to have them FUEd out, he would implant some into his strip scar?

I can still see some faint shadow on the top of his head when shaved. Also remember, as you get older and your hair goes white, it doesn’t show on the skin especially when shaved 

no, i personally did a fue test removal myself, and the results are good. im looking to remove the whole hairline with the same method soon & thats why im asking. however, i will not be causing more scarring to my head in order to cover the scar at the back of my head, if anything ill get smp. yes, when you fue them out you can still little shadows but nothing compared to actually razor shaving when the grafts are not removed.

21 minutes ago, in2deep said:

no, i personally did a fue test removal myself, and the results are good. im looking to remove the whole hairline with the same method soon & thats why im asking. however, i will not be causing more scarring to my head in order to cover the scar at the back of my head, if anything ill get smp. yes, when you fue them out you can still little shadows but nothing compared to actually razor shaving when the grafts are not removed.

Why are you undoing your transplant? Are you not satisfied? Do you have a thread with your story?

• Like 1

Joe's dismissal of hair transplants as a whole actually exposes him a little bit in that he isn't really that scientifically curious as he wants to appear. He had a failure himself 20 years ago and that is enough for him to completely dismiss even the modern day industry: "it doesn't work". I remember the line clearly. Think it was in an episode with Dave Rubin.

53 minutes ago, BjornBorg said:

Joe's dismissal of hair transplants as a whole actually exposes him a little bit in that he isn't really that scientifically curious as he wants to appear. He had a failure himself 20 years ago and that is enough for him to completely dismiss even the modern day industry: "it doesn't work". I remember the line clearly. Think it was in an episode with Dave Rubin.

I agree with your comment, Joe is not as “intelligent” nor “enlightened” as he pretends to be, he probably doesn’t believe half the shit he talks about, he just wants to be relevant. If he actually was smart and did any research on current day hair transplants he’d have some credibility in everything else he spouts and you’ll notice how lately he sounds more like the establishment talkin- points than an open-minded “truth” seeker.

3 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

I agree with your comment, Joe is not as “intelligent” nor “enlightened” as he pretends to be, he probably doesn’t believe half the shit he talks about, he just wants to be relevant. If he actually was smart and did any research on current day hair transplants he’d have some credibility in everything else he spouts and you’ll notice how lately he sounds more like the establishment talkin- points than an open-minded “truth” seeker.

He should have @Blake Bloxham on the show to open his mind. Shoot him an email, Doc. Would probably be good for business too. :D

• Moderators

I can take a few guesses based on what I see. Probably started losing some hair in the front and decided to have a hair transplant. The Dr went very conservative and basically just filled in a somewhat high, thinning hairline rather then lower it. A few years go by and he has continued hair loss. He realizes that he is headed to NW 6 and will probably never get a decent amount of hair and doesn't feel like spending many thousands of dollars and multiple hair transplants trying to get there. He tries shaving his head and decides he is OK with that as lots of men are doing that these days.

That's it. No FUEing any grafts out. His transplanted hairline was high and in the center and maybe not even very full because he probably still had a bit of hair there, so the hair transplant he did have probably wasn't a very big session, just a small frontal center tuft. You can see it in some pictures. If he shaves good enough, you won't see anything.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

I can take a few guesses based on what I see. Probably started losing some hair in the front and decided to have a hair transplant. The Dr went very conservative and basically just filled in a somewhat high, thinning hairline rather then lower it. A few years go by and he has continued hair loss. He realizes that he is headed to NW 6 and will probably never get a decent amount of hair and doesn't feel like spending many thousands of dollars and multiple hair transplants trying to get there. He tries shaving his head and decides he is OK with that as lots of men are doing that these days.

That's it. No FUEing any grafts out. His transplanted hairline was high and in the center and maybe not even very full because he probably still had a bit of hair there, so the hair transplant he did have probably wasn't a very big session, just a small frontal center tuft. You can see it in some pictures. If he shaves good enough, you won't see anything.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your analysis. There was a show where he talked about treatments. He even mentioned some big names from back in the day (dr Lee from minoxidil.com) so he did go down that route. I think he stopped his treatments and lost a lot of his natives and just shaved it. 

• Administrators

I love Joe Rogan, but he’s ill informed and is very cynical when it comes to hair transplants. He had a hair transplant over 20 years ago when  surgery was no where near as it today. 

It’s equivalent to someone saying they had a computer in 1995 and it was slow and crappy. I mean it’s crazy to compare his results to the ones of today. He’s very closed off and has taken the “shave it bro” approach which is sad, because a lot of his audience are probably perfect candidates.

In the 90’s 1,000 grafts was considered a mega-seesion. Back then you’d get a couple hundred grafts. To a norwood 6 that’s nothing! You need thousands and thousands of grafts.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

He didn’t have enough donor hair to cover his advance hair loss to begin with.. he always said it was the best decision to shave his head n just own his look .. he looks pretty good bald .. would of looked better with a full head of hair .. but best he could of achieved was a bald crown n with hair in the front n midscalp .. n since he’s on TV .. people will notice it n talk a lot of shi.t .. so shaving it off instead of masking  his baldness  with multiple transplants was the better route for him..

• Like 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

He didn’t have enough donor hair to cover his advance hair loss to begin with.. he always said it was the best decision to shave his head n just own his look .. he looks pretty good bald .. would of looked better with a full head of hair .. but best he could of achieved was a bald crown n with hair in the front n midscalp .. n since he’s on TV .. people will notice it n talk a lot of shi.t .. so shaving it off instead of masking  his baldness  with multiple transplants was the better route for him..

What I hate is how he says he should’ve shaved from the start. This is total BS, let’s face facts. 

He largely had his break because of looks. Imagine this picture with a a bald head, would he have gotten where he is today or even had the opportunities? I don’t know but I doubt it. Hair matters, it just does. We can play pretend and live in a fantasy world all we want, but we fool no one but ourselves. 

Now will it effect him now that he’s super successful and older? Absolutely not. That’s because he already made it. 

A136F45C-CF3E-4E64-906E-55F414BC95F5.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What I hate is how he says he should’ve shaved from the start. This is total BS, let’s face facts. 

He largely had his break because of looks. Imagine this picture with a a bald head, would he have gotten where he is today or even had the opportunities? I don’t know but I doubt it. Hair matters, it just does. We can play pretend and live in a fantasy world all we want, but we fool no one but ourselves. 

Now will it effect him now that he’s super successful and older? Absolutely not. That’s because he already made it. 

A136F45C-CF3E-4E64-906E-55F414BC95F5.jpeg

Also add to the fact that back in that time it wasn’t as socially acceptable for people to rock bald heads in Hollywood. Even in the general public outside of Latino and black dudes, many people didn’t shave their heads.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, MrZennie said:

If you watch the video Melvin you'll hear him say he got the transplant for the exact reason you mentioned.  

Yea I watch JRE podcasts religiously I actually saw that podcast before. But he still maintains that he should’ve just shaved his head. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

I think he could’ve definitely gotten a decent result. His sides are high enough. The crown would have to be sacrificed, but he could use concealer for that. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think he could’ve definitely gotten a decent result. His sides are high enough. The crown would have to be sacrificed, but he could use concealer for that. 

What would be considered high enough?  

Do sides often slope diagonally (up) towards the crown and (down) towards the hairline? 

Edited by hanginginthewire

• Administrators
12 hours ago, hanginginthewire said:

What would be considered high enough?  

Do sides often slope diagonally (up) towards the crown and (down) towards the hairline? 

See in these two pictures you can see his hair plugs are still there. He just doesn’t have enough. Now the sides near his temple are high. It slopes down near the crown in a typical Norwood 6 pattern.

He couple probably get a few large strip procedures and FUE and keep that same high hairline and cover the midscalp, possibly even cover a portion of the crown. I think he’d look pretty good. 

A107C966-B0E2-4558-8D0E-6F93990EF9CF.jpeg

466D6339-D64B-4BF9-9FF4-426605DB14CB.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread