Jump to content
Shifty

Hair - Wet -vs- Dry -vs- With Product

Recommended Posts

Know all your product and how to use it. I could have done a better job with the hair fibers, especially in the front but you get the idea. 

 

***Photos in extremely harsh bathroom lightning. 

 

Main product for styling: (feel free to recommend products!)

Got2B Fat-Tastic Thickening  Pumping Mousse 

Toppik Hair Building fibers dark brown 

Layrite Natural Matte Cream Medium hold 

XFusion  Fiber Hold Spray

  

 

image.png.dd124f107cf29e25d8821a07f7e495ff.png

image.png.3029d4b607b639a00eedd6ab807635ab.png

image.png.be636a25d668f25fb8b4f0f072d5a308.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've become a master using modalities readily available.  This takes time and practice.  And, don't be afraid to combine things.  For example, get rid of the contrast first.  You may end up using a much darker color.  You can then use a medium or even a light color on top to soften the look.  Yes, it will cost you a bit more, but this will buy you time.

Most important is to add medical therapy.  (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP).  These will hopefully help stop the loss and maybe even enhance the native hair.  Not doing this will result in less hair...ultimately the effect of the products outlined above will be less effective.  These need something to adhere to.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LaserCap I actually use a dark as the base and then sprinkle a little medium on top of it. I have naturally highlighted hair so if I am not careful the top of my head looks like a black hole lol. I just did not in these photos. It has been an experimental procedure to say the least.

 

I am contemplating PRP and I occasionally use a laser cap. After September (1 year mark) I will look into PRP. This way, if there is a marketable difference we will all know what did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first time I have tried to put anything on my hair.  I am not trying to color.  I am talking about a mousse or cream.  I put some cream on when it was wet and that was a disaster, and I looked like Hitler.  My hair is getting kind of long now, but it lays too flat for me even though I comb to the side.  I have never combed my hair straight back.


"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dazed said:

This is the first time I have tried to put anything on my hair.  I am not trying to color.  I am talking about a mousse or cream.  I put some cream on when it was wet and that was a disaster, and I looked like Hitler.  My hair is getting kind of long now, but it lays too flat for me even though I comb to the side.  I have never combed my hair straight back.

Hitler lol

 

Use the fat tastic. Right after putting it in damp hair, blow dry it, use a brush to shape it if you need too.  makes a huge difference for me. I have very flat hair as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Layrite is an excellent product. I actually found it made my hair look a little thicker too.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressive. May seem like a lot of work to do on a daily basis. However, if the hair loss bothers a person that much it is worth the time. Hair transplants are more of a permanent solution but not everyone is a candidate for the procedure. Some also are just not ready do try something more invasive or may not be able to afford procedure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had 2 transplants that turned out good so my major concern now is styling.  I am too old to go with the trendy hairstyles of today, and I want to wear my hair longer.  It has been respectively short for a long time.  If I could achieve something like this I would be happy.

image.png.fd9c7e89e7fe4cd3cbd36a807c770db9.png


"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2019 at 3:13 PM, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

Very impressive. May seem like a lot of work to do on a daily basis. However, if the hair loss bothers a person that much it is worth the time. Hair transplants are more of a permanent solution but not everyone is a candidate for the procedure. Some also are just not ready do try something more invasive or may not be able to afford procedure. 

Its very annoying especially if you mess up in the front. You basically have to start over lol. The things we do to be beautiful! 

Edited by Shifty
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Styling has always been my biggest challenge... And I mistakenly thought it would get easier once my hairline was in tact. I may not spend any time concealing a receding hairline anymore, but I'm 35 and still don't know how to properly style my hair on a daily basis. If you only knew the amount of money I've spent over the years buying new products and me still not knowing how to use them properly... 😬Open to tips and tricks lol


I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

 

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Styling is difficult, especially if one is growing their hair out, because hair length is constantly changing.  I have not cut the top of my hair in a year, and the sides are also pretty long. 


"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 9:12 PM, pkipling said:

Styling has always been my biggest challenge... And I mistakenly thought it would get easier once my hairline was in tact. I may not spend any time concealing a receding hairline anymore, but I'm 35 and still don't know how to properly style my hair on a daily basis. If you only knew the amount of money I've spent over the years buying new products and me still not knowing how to use them properly... 😬Open to tips and tricks lol

Grow out your hair, very long if possible. Then,  find a proper barber or salon and hand them a picture of what you want. I did this and have been going to the same person for 15+ years. 

 

She cut my hair the other day and for the first time in a very long time, last night  someone told me my hair looked fantastic. I nonchalantly  said thanks but I don''t think I could have been more excited about a compliment lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shifty, I am moving towards my styling goal by growing my hair out.  I am at one year and it is getting closer to my goal. 


"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dazed said:

Shifty, I am moving towards my styling goal by growing my hair out.  I am at one year and it is getting closer to my goal. 

Its hard, because at some point you look lie a homeless weirdo lol at least i did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really going for the Nick Nolte look LOL.  Most guys on here like the short hair, but I don't want to look like Uncle Fester.

image.png.a9b683ae9eed86035b22b5cb704056b1.pngimage.png.78ad6f7ea21f26df0518d55262f5ea13.png

  • Haha 1

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, Shifty said:

Grow out your hair, very long if possible. Then,  find a proper barber or salon and hand them a picture of what you want. I did this and have been going to the same person for 15+ years. 

 

She cut my hair the other day and for the first time in a very long time, last night  someone told me my hair looked fantastic. I nonchalantly  said thanks but I don''t think I could have been more excited about a compliment lol 

Lol yeah... I'm one of those guys who cuts it within days of the sides starting to get even remotely unruly... Not sure if I have the patience to pull off really letting it grow.


I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

 

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pkipling, it takes patience.  It will look great for a few days, and then it grows a little and looks ugly, but until you really get it to the length you want that is the price you pay, but it will be worth it in the end.  Short hair has never been for me.


"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×