Speeding growth of transplanted follicles?

I'm a young male who underwent a 2500 graft FUT procedure in May. It's been a little more than 3 months now and I'm starting at a new university next week, but still very much in the ugly duckling phase. Is there anything I can do to accelerate the recovery? Post surgery, I was expecting the grafts to fall out and grow back in 3-5 months - instead, only about half fell out and it's still an awkward, patchy, slightly pinkish area after 3 months.

There’s not really a way to speed up the growth of the transplanted hairs after they’ve been shocked out and shed, otherwise everyone would be doing it. There is anecdotal reports of people able to make their existing growth faster by using supplements like msm biotin silica etc.

12 hours ago, jakaroo said:

I'm a young male who underwent a 2500 graft FUT procedure in May. It's been a little more than 3 months now and I'm starting at a new university next week, but still very much in the ugly duckling phase. Is there anything I can do to accelerate the recovery? Post surgery, I was expecting the grafts to fall out and grow back in 3-5 months - instead, only about half fell out and it's still an awkward, patchy, slightly pinkish area after 3 months.

Hey man

I remember from your screen name your initial post looking for an HT doc, whom did you end up going with for your procedure?

I would suggest giving Kirkland minoxidil 5% foam and a Biotin, MSM, multivitamin daily a try to help speed things up and have a good protein rich diet, although it’s not guaranteed to accelerate the process as each graft will have its own cycle timetable.

11 hours ago, MrZennie said:

I'd like to add two related questions: Is it okay to shave the recipient area during the ugly duckling phase? Also, does PRP during surgery help reduce the pink skin effect? Thanks.

Per most clinics post-op instructions, not recommended to shave recipient area with clippers for at least 4-6 months, only carefully with scissors is ok. Supposedly PRP may help with healing or recovery but I haven’t see evidence that it reduces the redness/pink scalp post surgery, mine stuck around even til around month 4.

• Like 1

In some patients Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) may help to accelerate hair growth or shorten the sleep cycle once shedding of the hairs has occurred following a hair transplant procedure. However, there are no good large studies that prove this . I have never heard of any patient being harmed by using the laser post op.