Enhancer

Considering small transplant, in Canada

Hello, I am currently living in northern Canada and really tempted to go through with this.

I'm 35, NW2.5, with slight diffuse thinning throughout, meds have slowed down my loss I think, been on fin for 1.5 years.  I do not want to lower my hairline, I would like to patch up the temples slightly and reinforce the existing hairline, taking me to about a NW1.5-1.75, so I can keep styling the way I want to.

Is it reasonable to expect I can do this for 10K and have the results last for about 5 years?  Any recommendation in Canada to get a small procedure like this?

I learned something about procedures in Canada recently.....There are rules and regulations.  Not sure if the government is involved, but someone is.  That's a good thing. 

$10K is $10K.  You should be able to accomplish something with that amount.  More so if you are considering FUT which it typically less costly.  I do have a couple of concerns.....

1. I assume you are considering 1 procedure and be done with it.  There are only a few doctors I am aware of that can give you "amazing" density in a single procedure.  Most will require multiple procedures to achieve density.  Keep in mind you are working in the most prominent area there is, the very front.
  2. Have you had any consultations so far?  This is important.  It is the time the doctor has to deem you as a candidate.  There is a lot of meaning to this.  Good donor, no medical issues to deal with, etc.  Further, he can confirm if there is thinning elsewhere.  This would be the time he would probably recommend some type of medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair.  This is HUGE.  Imagine a patient....He is thinning.  (and if he's thinned, he will continue thinning).  Adds transplants and looks great.  Decided not to do any type of medical therapy....Goes on to lose the native stuff and now he is back where he started.  (Well, not really as we know the transplanted hair will remain, so he'll never be totally empty).  Now he'll have to consider a 2nd procedure as the goal remains the same. So, considering medical therapy is something you should be doing now.
  • Like 1

Dr Rahal in ottawa is good, or Hasson and wong in western canada - both reputed but its all personal luck as even reputed clinics produced great, good, average, bad results. 

Yes I was thinking HW.  And yes I do not mind having to touch up in 10 years.

I know every case is different, but being 35, only minimal loss, and on meds without experiencing side effect, am I generally considered to be in the safe zone?