HairClone Explains Why Men Should Freeze Their Hair

• Administrators

Well, there was some confusion as to why men would want to freeze their hair follicles. Initially, I thought this was for hair cloning (hair multiplication) but it seems more of a regenerative procedure. Essentially, reinvigorating the hair on your head. It seems particularly interesting for those how have diffuse hair loss. I would like to add that this is all speculative. Thoughts?

HairClone Explains Why Men Should Freeze Their Hair

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This makes slightly more sense in terms of the youthfulness of the cells, although I still wonder why healthy donor hair wouldn't be just as viable as a source of the cells.

Perhaps the implication is the younger cells would likely contain a higher concentration and thus be more effective per treatment?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

This makes slightly more sense in terms of the youthfulness of the cells, although I still wonder why healthy donor hair wouldn't be just as viable as a source of the cells.

Perhaps the implication is the younger cells would likely contain a higher concentration and thus be more effective per treatment?

I believe the thought is the younger the cells the healthier and longer they’ll live. Essentially, they’re rejuvenating hair not necessarily cloning.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

16 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I believe the thought is the younger the cells the healthier and longer they’ll live. Essentially, they’re rejuvenating hair not necessarily cloning.

Yeah, this sounds like it's not dissimilar to the logic behind PRP, although in this case it seems like they're actually trying to replicate and inject new cells to create the results. I can definitely see potential in the treatment depending on how often it has to be done and what it costs. If younger cells drastically increase treatment longevity the expense of freezing might be worth it.

Edited by Mycroft

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Yeah, this sounds like it's not dissimilar to the logic behind PRP, although in this case it seems like they're actually trying to replicate and inject new cells to create the results. I can definitely see potential in the treatment depending on how often it has to be done and what it costs. If younger cells drastically increase treatment longevity the expense of freezing might be worth it.

Might be interesting, but it all depends on the price and longevity. If it lasts 10 years its worth a couple grand, if you have to keep getting it done every year it’s not.

View my thread

Why are they contemplating hair follicles?  Why not cells?

It has been confirmed the hair in the donor area is predisposed to remain.  I gather, if they were to harvest follicles, it would be from the donor and not from any other area.  Why not take cells from that area as well?

Cloning has been discussed for years.  I recall 10 years ago they started the process but they were getting 1 to 1.  We actually need 1,000,000 to one! So that went out the window.  Then the conversation shifted to cells.  It is the opinion of many this will happen.  Why not? Haven't we read about animals out of a test tube? Organs out of cells? Interesting indeed.

Science is so advanced it is beyond me why this hasn't happened. We are talking about something so basic.....but freezing so we can wait to see what happens? And have to pay for the service? Crazy.  I would rather invest my money on an existing program researching the subject provided I get some kind of benefit if and when it happens.  Imagine, if we collectively invest $100 each......X millions of people......I need a drink.

16 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Might be interesting, but it all depends on the price and longevity. If it lasts 10 years its worth a couple grand, if you have to keep getting it done every year it’s not.

Well, that may also depend on the efficacy and the patient's degree of loss. If you were a diffuse thinner with a high Norwood pattern but getting this treatment annually kept you looking like you had a full head of hair, that would be worth considering. Grafts are limited and a transplant might never be able to get you to the same level you'd be at if you regularly shelled out that cash.

Edited by Mycroft

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Well, that may also depend on the efficacy and the patient's degree of loss. If you were a diffuse thinner with a high Norwood pattern but getting this treatment annually kept you looking like you had a full head of hair, that would be worth considering. Grafts are limited and a transplant might never be able to get you to the same level you'd be at if you regularly shelled out that cash.

There’s a lot of questions. Maybe I should reach out to Dr. Farjo for some additional answers. 

View my thread