HT with Eugenix, Mumbai - Final HT to address Crown, 2100 Grafts

logansays

Good Evening Everybody.

I have had two transplants already. I am/ Was a Norwood 6, with retrograde alopecia. I had my first transplant in 2012 with Dr Madhu. FUT

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/31136-hair-transplant-with-dr-madhu2700-fut/

My second HT was with Dr Bhatti, in 2018 to add density to my hairline and upto the mid scalp.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52308-hair-transplant-with-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-chandigarh/

My Final HT was with Eugenix Yesterday. We managed to get 1650 Scalp Grafts + 400 Beard Grafts.

Dr Bansal Wanted to use more of the scalp grafts for the crown and use the beard grafts to fillip the areas around the mid scalp. Started the procedure at 10.00 Am, had a break at 2.00pm, and the whole procedure was done by 6.45 pm. it went well, the place its self was well maintained, staff courteous and helpful. Below are some Pictures and I would be following up with regular progress.

No Pain today, IM quite conformable. Slept really well and feel good overall.

16cce21f-3ef5-42c6-8772-e9a76982c3fa.JPG

3a876a87-912c-4a81-989e-d9b3924929b6.JPG

65cb57b2-e198-42a9-9497-dfc31917857c.JPG

6a1ace10-be13-4640-8eb6-c9a621fb5ef7.JPG

Edited by logansays
Changed previous references of HT to links
  • Like 4

Great, good luck with this final step towards the crown

I like how they drew crowns natural hair design  with a marker in the first pic moving all upwards 

how about you frontal hairline, is everything fixed on session 2 with Dr Bhatti around that area 

• Like 1

Crown is the toughest from my understanding, but the procedure looks good! I think the ~2k hairs will go a long ways to transform the crown. Great write up! Really cool to see you use several docs.

How has your donor management been? Did Eugenix say anything about your donor being robust, running low, well managed? I'm curious because I know Bhatti manages donor well, and you going FUT, FUE, FUE maximizes donor capacity. 

Did you (Eugenix?) go beard hair out of necessity or as a precaution to preserve donor density/ donor for later use? I personally think it would be wise either way, but just curious.

Best of luck with your recovery! Smart stuff doing these two procedures back to back, minimizing the ugly phase. You had great results in 7 months with Bhatti, and I can't wait to see you next spring with a full head of hair!

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

19 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Great, good luck with this final step towards the crown

I like how they drew crowns natural hair design  with a marker in the first pic moving all upwards 

how about you frontal hairline, is everything fixed on session 2 with Dr Bhatti around that area 

Thanks and Yes..The frontal area is fixed well!! got a good coverage.

19 hours ago, Lennney said:

Crown is the toughest from my understanding, but the procedure looks good! I think the ~2k hairs will go a long ways to transform the crown. Great write up! Really cool to see you use several docs.

How has your donor management been? Did Eugenix say anything about your donor being robust, running low, well managed? I'm curious because I know Bhatti manages donor well, and you going FUT, FUE, FUE maximizes donor capacity. 

Did you (Eugenix?) go beard hair out of necessity or as a precaution to preserve donor density/ donor for later use? I personally think it would be wise either way, but just curious.

Best of luck with your recovery! Smart stuff doing these two procedures back to back, minimizing the ugly phase. You had great results in 7 months with Bhatti, and I can't wait to see you next spring with a full head of hair!

I think I have maxed out on my donor. Bhatti was conservative and rightly so. Eugenix did take the beard grafts out of necessity. according to them and also my previous transplants, the caliber of my hair is very good. and I also have retrograde alopecia, so I have my hair miniaturized at the nape and sides. since Bhatti had used 500+ beard grafts the last time around and they grew well, so that was also a factor for Dr Bansal in the usage of beard grafts.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, logansays said:

since Bhatti had used 500+ beard grafts the last time around and they grew well,

after few months, did you notice small white dots around the beard donor area. When will this heal completely ? 

is it better to keep that donor area cleanly shaven or keep beard longer based on your experience 

Very interesting write up , especially with the use of beard grafts and the thinking about where to place them by Dr.Bansal. Its often noted that the crown can use up a lot of grafts to give decent density.

Since you had 2 previous HTs with different Clinics why did you choose EUGENIX to do your crown ?

............Paddy.......

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 12:59 AM, paddyirishman said:

Very interesting write up , especially with the use of beard grafts and the thinking about where to place them by Dr.Bansal. Its often noted that the crown can use up a lot of grafts to give decent density.

Since you had 2 previous HTs with different Clinics why did you choose EUGENIX to do your crown ?

............Paddy.......

Hi. Refer to the thread in my first post of my HT with Dr Bhatti. 

On 8/11/2019 at 12:34 AM, HLPToronto said:

after few months, did you notice small white dots around the beard donor area. When will this heal completely ? 

is it better to keep that donor area cleanly shaven or keep beard longer based on your experience 

Never experienced any spots. It healed well. Now this might differ from person to person. Thankfully for me my skin heals well without leaving any scars. I grow out my beard at times and I also shave clean!

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 12:34 AM, HLPToronto said:

It took me six days for a complete healing. 

On 8/10/2019 at 10:10 PM, jj51702 said:

Interesting case. I’ll be following this. How old are you? Did they tell you how many beard grafts you have total? Also, any pics of your frontal area before and after? Pics of beard extraction area post op?

For beard they said they could extract in excess of 3000 grafts. However the nature of beard hair is quite different from scalp and could have issues like see through. 

For the frontal area pics please see the thread of my HT with Dr Bhatti in my opening post. 

77D4A09C-6CB3-4165-B27F-63844AD2A631.thumb.jpeg.36664edc0761d91b5e1edc5d9fd05744.jpeg

2F858D3B-0C9C-497E-AA0D-63DA483D1387.jpeg

646F5211-2B7D-4EB3-B1BC-C60FC62D79DC.jpeg

172CC14E-1E1E-4737-BF01-5AA0550A31DF.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quite an amazing journey that you've had thus far, @logansays -- from virtually no hair outside of the donor area prior to the 1st HT, to now being well on route to an entire head of hair. Quite phenomenal.

Even I'll be having a crown restoration done with Eugenix next year, and your post op photos have continued to add to my confidence on them. Like Lenny, even I think crowns are the toughest to restore, but every crown restoration job I've seen so far from Eugenix has been excellent. I'm thinking positively that your HT will be yet another success.

I definitely will keep a lookout for this thread. Happy growing! :D

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LeftHook said:

Quite an amazing journey that you've had thus far, @logansays -- from virtually no hair outside of the donor area prior to the 1st HT, to now being well on route to an entire head of hair. Quite phenomenal.

Even I'll be having a crown restoration done with Eugenix next year, and your post op photos have continued to add to my confidence on them. Like Lenny, even I think crowns are the toughest to restore, but every crown restoration job I've seen so far from Eugenix has been excellent. I'm thinking positively that your HT will be yet another success.

I definitely will keep a lookout for this thread. Happy growing! :D

thank you and so true. Since all the hair I have now is transplanted. And being a norwood7 and having retrograde alopecia, my sides and nape have thinned so much!  I thank God for HT’s. So far in my journey I have had great results. I’m positive of this outcome. I’m also looking at Smp in the future or have hair transplanted in the scar. 

Edited by logansays
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@logansays your hair restoration journey is quite amazing and thank you for sharing it with us. I think my hair-loss pattern is very similar to yours and your story is very encouraging to someone like me. I am planning my first HT (FUT) with Dr. Lindsey, Virginia, USA, in July. If everything goes as planned I will do my second surgery to restore my back and crown area. Please post updates whenever you can. Good Luck to you.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...