Hair follicles falling out

Juxion

Hey Guys,

It's one month and 10 days ago I had a HT in turkey with the DHI method, they took around 3670 graft! - I will make a journey later :)

I have some questions

this week I have experinced that two hair shed with the hair follicles - there was no bleeding though! are they gone forever or is it normal?

my donor area is still a bit itchy - do you have any advise? 

Thank you guys

IMG_0202 kopi.jpg

IMG_0192 kopi.jpg

yes, this is normal and inf act a good sign that things are working in positive direction

new hair, stronger ones will push older one out and roots will always be there... its just outer piece falling out

good luck with your growth 

No worries. Over a month after having an FUE procedure you could not just have follicles falling out. You are looking at a hair shaft that is going through a normal shedding process. Good luck and be patient for the hair to start growing.

The grafts are completely secure after the first 10 days - so at over a month, you're golden. Also, as a general rule of thumb, when a graft is dislodged, there's pain and bleeding... Anything else is simply part of shedding/hair fall. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I gather you are overly concerned.  First suggestion is get in the shower, let your head soak in warmer water and start scrubbing with your fingertips.  Get all crusts out.  in 3-4 months the hair will start growing.  You'll start noticing a change in about 6 months.  Like many have noted, you will not harm anything by this time.  Not washing, however, can lead to infections etc....WASH and be patient.

@jj51702 I already wrote thanks in advance, but it wasnot my intention!  but thanks to all of you guys who have answered!.

I have a additionally I also experience same type of shedding with the the follicles etc. in the donor area is that normal?  :)

Shedding in the donor area can occur but in not as common as in the recipient areas in close proximity to where the grating was done. I have had it happen on only a few patients over the past 20 years. I seems like it may take a little longer to recover from this but in all my patients the shocked hairs did grow back.

I'm 5 days post an FUE operation, and I noticed the same thing (top picture) - with a scab around the hair. There was no bleeding. I was just wondering whether I will have lost these hairs, or whether they will be safe after 5 days. I think I might have rubbed them whilst I was a sleep. I am a little concerned about it....

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

After my second surgery....the first night during my sleep I rubbed out about a dozen grafts.  My head was covered with dried blood and I was certainly a little worried.  However Dr. Vories examined my head and assured me that it was not going to be a big deal.  I had over 2,000 grafts placed and losing about a dozen would certainly not change my future appearance in any way.  You'll be fine.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

6 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

After my second surgery....the first night during my sleep I rubbed out about a dozen grafts.  My head was covered with dried blood and I was certainly a little worried.  However Dr. Vories examined my head and assured me that it was not going to be a big deal.  I had over 2,000 grafts placed and losing about a dozen would certainly not change my future appearance in any way.  You'll be fine.

Did u scratch your head at night? 

I actually did scratch my head during my sleep.  It was probably typical hand movements that occur naturally but on that night I actually rubbed out a number of grafts.  It didn't affect my hairline or appearance at all.  Dr. Vories reassured me that it would not affect my appearance....and he was correct.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, JohnCasper said:

I actually did scratch my head during my sleep.  It was probably typical hand movements that occur naturally but on that night I actually rubbed out a number of grafts.  It didn't affect my hairline or appearance at all.  Dr. Vories reassured me that it would not affect my appearance....and he was correct.

So with this in mind, I suppose I wasn't too cautious after all for the fairly extreme measures I took to make sure I didn't do this... ;)

I'm a rough sleeper, particularly when I'm restless, which was very much the case after my HT. I've been known to wake myself up by slapping myself right in the face while I'm sleeping on multiple occasions in my life, so in addition to the nice little elevated cocoon I made for myself to sleep in, I also put on light winter gloves and fastened them together so that if one of my hands had even the slightest urge to slap me in the face, the other one would stop it before it made its way to my face. It worked like a charm and I woke up several times during my sleep from one of the hands being stopped from doing damage to my precious grafts. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

I actually did something similar after the first night of rubbing a few grafts out.  I took a long shoelace and lightly tied it around one of my wrists, ran it under my body (while laying in bed) and then slipped the other loop onto my other wrist.  This was very comfortable and I could move my hands around in my sleep but I was not able to reach my head.  Worked great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 4:35 AM, JohnCasper said:

I actually did something similar after the first night of rubbing a few grafts out.  I took a long shoelace and lightly tied it around one of my wrists, ran it under my body (while laying in bed) and then slipped the other loop onto my other wrist.  This was very comfortable and I could move my hands around in my sleep but I was not able to reach my head.  Worked great.

Haha! Amazing. What a couple of geniuses we are. 😎