Dr. Hasson /3,462 Grafts/ FUE/ 1 Session/ 12 months post-op

This Vancouver area patient in his late 20’s came to Hasson & Wong in order to restore his thinning receded hairline. Dr. Hasson and his team successfully rebuilt a new lower hairline and added density to the necessary areas of the frontal zone. 3462 grafts were harvested over a two-day FUE procedure. 844 of these grafts were singles, and 2618 were doubles. These photos were taken approximately 12 months post-op.

hair-restoration-surgery-before-after-34
hair-transplant-surgery-before-after-346

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

@Aftermath @Melvin-Moderator 

I don’t understand why you guys and all other active members on this site never comment on Eugenics clinic India even after posting great result. It’s like a silent boycott going on. Not even a single comment by active members, is it racism? Don’t forget India is the worlds largest exporter of generic medicine. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vickykuril said:

I don’t understand why you guys and all other active members on this site never comment on Eugenics clinic India even after posting great result. It’s like a silent boycott going on. Not even a single comment by active members, is it racism? Don’t forget India is the worlds largest exporter of generic medicine. 

First of all why quote Melvin when he’s not actually commented on this thread? Secondly throwing a racism claim about is pretty a heavy accusation! There are many clinics whose threads I don’t click on or comment on! I’ve seen the name Eugenics on this site but in all honesty I had no idea they were even in India, and I couldn’t name a doctor from their clinic! Don’t think I’ve ever clicked on any of their threads to comment, but that’s true of many clinics I’m not familiar with! Why do you have to take it there? You don’t comment on a clinic you’re not familiar with you must be racist!? Come on mate show some common sense! 

1 hour ago, Vickykuril said:

This is a pretty dumb post. Racism? Come on. I’d say a big chunk of patients posting on this forum go to places like turkey for their transplant so claiming racism is a moot point.

Eugenics does show some great promise and have good results from what I’ve seen. What I don’t like though is how there are like 20 fake accounts promoting them or how they push their patients to post reviews on this site. 

Secondly, their rep abinhay or whatever his name is writes the worst narratives for the cases he presents. We don’t care about any other info besides the number of grafts, Norwood, meds the patient is on, and statistics from surgery. Let the results speak for themselves.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:25 PM, Aftermath said:

Do you just post on this site to make other clinics look bad??🙄😂 ridiculous result!

Well, I'm not thinking that when I post but maybe an "unintended" consequence? 😁

On 8/7/2019 at 4:33 PM, jj51702 said:

Great result

doesnt he post here? He’s the guy that got treated for alopecia areata right?

Yes, his post here: 

On 8/7/2019 at 5:14 PM, Russ said:

Is he on any meds?

no

On 8/7/2019 at 5:14 PM, hairlossPA said:

H&W dense packing best in the world 

thx hairlossPA!

On 8/8/2019 at 6:02 AM, MarkyH said:

Great hairline design. Doug i have been reading on this forum, Dr Hasson & all H&W staff were trained by Dr Koray Erdogan of Turkey can you confirm this is true? 

I'm glad you asked, it is better to ask for confirmation than to assume what you read here is always correct. Where did you read that?  Maybe you could direct me to the thread, I’m curious to see it.

No I can’t confirm is it is true because it’s not. 😃 None of our staff were trained elsewhere. Unless, you consider doctors Hasson and Wong  working alongside another doctor in the 1990's as such. What I can confirm is that on our journey to produce industry leading FUE results equal to if not better than our famous FUT results, we gathered a lot of information and data. While it is true our doctor/doctors and some select team members traveled to conferences and observed the various techniques and skills of a few prominent FUE surgeons and clinics, no training on any of our staff was performed, only observation. After all of the data was gathered, we brought home this collection of new found knowledge and developed our own FUE philosophies and techniques that we felt would produce the best results.  Some doctors were more influential and maintain a closer relationship with some members of our staff. I would say doctors Devroye and Lorenzo fit that description. That is not to say some others such as Dr. Koray were not gracious and welcoming, but they had little or no influence on what we do today. Some deserved credit to the aforementioned Dr. Devroye and Lorenzo for which we are grateful but most of the credit would go to our doctors and the dedication of certain key staff members willing to research, study, practice and make the necessary commitment to prefect our FUE technique and make it their own.  We would only proceed with offering FUE when we could produce FUE grafts equal to or greater than the quality of our FUT grafts.

Now you just don't wake up one day and say you want to perform industry leading FUE. The extraction is only part of the equation and the years of experience with FUT play a prominent role. This case is an excellent example. How did this result turn out to be so good? Well, aside from being able to harvest perfect grafts via FUE which we will assume is a given at our clinic, the proof is in the post-op photos. Has anyone marveled at how good they are and what they reveal? Precise control of angle, direction and orientation of the transplanted grafts. Every hair lines up parallel with the others. High uniform density. Look closely at other post-op shots ( if anyone will show this clarity) and compare. You may look long and wide to try and find a replica elsewhere. Do you think some clinics don’t have the right camera to take clear close-up shots that have this detail? Or, would this type of transparency and compare expose the fact that the level of refinement is quite different? You decide. Besides the unquestioned skill of the surgeon and staff, technique, attention to the finest detail and artistry are all necessary in producing this kind of result. Let's also give credit to the lateral slit (inventor Dr. Wong) and the custom sized blade cutting device ( inventor Dr. Hasson).  And hairline design you say? Very important, as always and thank you for recognizing it! I think hairline design can often be an overlooked component. Without a great design, the result will suffer no matter how good the grafts are and how well they are planted. And thank you to all who care to take notice all of these components that are necessary to produce the best result! Thank you for the comment and question MarkyH!  

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

43 minutes ago, H & W Doug said:

Well, I'm not thinking that when I post but maybe an "unintended" consequence? 😁

Yes, his post here: 

no

thx hairlossPA!

I'm glad you asked, it is better to ask for confirmation than to assume what you read here is always correct. Where did you read that?  Maybe you could direct me to the thread, I’m curious to see it.

No I can’t confirm is it is true because it’s not. 😃 None of our staff were trained elsewhere. Unless, you consider doctors Hasson and Wong  working alongside another doctor in the 1990's as such. What I can confirm is that on our journey to produce industry leading FUE results equal to if not better than our famous FUT results, we gathered a lot of information and data. While it is true our doctor/doctors and some select team members traveled to conferences and observed the various techniques and skills of a few prominent FUE surgeons and clinics, no training on any of our staff was performed, only observation. After all of the data was gathered, we brought home this collection of new found knowledge and developed our own FUE philosophies and techniques that we felt would produce the best results.  Some doctors were more influential and maintain a closer relationship with some members of our staff. I would say doctors Devroye and Lorenzo fit that description. That is not to say some others such as Dr. Koray were not gracious and welcoming, but they had little or no influence on what we do today. Some deserved credit to the aforementioned Dr. Devroye and Lorenzo for which we are grateful but most of the credit would go to our doctors and the dedication of certain key staff members willing to research, study, practice and make the necessary commitment to prefect our FUE technique and make it their own.  We would only proceed with offering FUE when we could produce FUE grafts equal to or greater than the quality of our FUT grafts.

Now you just don't wake up one day and say you want to perform industry leading FUE. The extraction is only part of the equation and the years of experience with FUT play a prominent role. This case is an excellent example. How did this result turn out to be so good? Well, aside from being able to harvest perfect grafts via FUE which we will assume is a given at our clinic, the proof is in the post-op photos. Has anyone marveled at how good they are and what they reveal? Precise control of angle, direction and orientation of the transplanted grafts. Every hair lines up parallel with the others. High uniform density. Look closely at other post-op shots ( if anyone will show this clarity) and compare. You may look long and wide to try and find a replica elsewhere. Do you think some clinics don’t have the right camera to take clear close-up shots that have this detail? Or, would this type of transparency and compare expose the fact that the level of refinement is quite different? You decide. Besides the unquestioned skill of the surgeon and staff, technique, attention to the finest detail and artistry are all necessary in producing this kind of result. Let's also give credit to the lateral slit (inventor Dr. Wong) and the custom sized blade cutting device ( inventor Dr. Hasson).  And hairline design you say? Very important, as always and thank you for recognizing it! I think hairline design can often be an overlooked component. Without a great design, the result will suffer no matter how good the grafts are and how well they are planted. And thank you to all who care to take notice all of these components that are necessary to produce the best result! Thank you for the comment and question MarkyH!  

Uhhhh this post directly from the H&M’s website says otherwise...

https://hassonandwong.com/setting-new-standards-fue/

I would like to thank personally our friends Dr. Jose Lorenzo and Dr. Korai Erdogan, for their very kind assistance and opening their doors for us -so we could learn their techniques.”

Edited by jj51702

jj51702,

Thank you for pointing that out, I have made the correction that was supposed to be done earlier. Should have and now reads:

"I would like to thank personally our friends Dr. Jose Lorenzo and Dr. Jean Devroye, for their very kind assistance and opening their doors for us -so we could learn their techniques."

My apologies for the confusion.  

Hassonandwong.com

1 hour ago, H & W Doug said:

jj51702,

Thank you for pointing that out, I have made the correction that was supposed to be done earlier. Should have and now reads:

"I would like to thank personally our friends Dr. Jose Lorenzo and Dr. Jean Devroye, for their very kind assistance and opening their doors for us -so we could learn their techniques."

My apologies for the confusion.  

Well what about this Doug?

In Europe the work of Dr Jose Lorenzo and Dr Koray Erdogan  has come closest to the quality of work that we like to produce. With their assistance we have trained already experienced technicians in their manual extraction techniques.”

https://hassonandwong.com/our-journey-to-fue/

Erdogan is mentioned and specifically his manual FUE. Devroye doesn’t utilize manual FUE as he’s the creator of the waw system. It specifically states hnw techs trained with these doctors.

Well jj51702,

It looks like I need to hire you as the fact checker for our site! 😄   There appears to be a few things that need to be updated/corrected. I'll see if I can get to that soon too.

In Europe the work of Dr Jose Lorenzo and Dr Koray Erdogan  has come closest to the quality of work that we like to produce. With their assistance we have trained already experienced technicians in their manual extraction techniques.”

I agree the second sentence is probably misleading and could be misinterpreted. It was not meant to imply hnw techs were trained by these docs. They were not.

What I earlier stated here is the most accurate info. And for the record, we did start off with the manual FUE and now use the WAW. Still innovating, we may be presently looking at other methods and may change occasionally so things in an article such as this you quoted from 2017 may not be what we're doing in 2019.

For those of you confused and wondering what technique we use now, who does what, where did we get this, were did we get that, who's trained who, who has what experience in this, who has what experience in that, who does the extractions, who does the planting, etc. etc etc. , just look at the results when making your decision on who to go to. If you trust your clinic and are convinced without a shadow of a doubt they are the best in the business, let them take you where you want to go, don't be too concerned on how they get you there. Just make sure they can get you there.☺️

Edited by H & W Doug
spelling error

Hassonandwong.com

26 minutes ago, H & W Doug said:

Well jj51702,

It looks like I need to hire you as the fact checker for our site! 😄   There appears to be a few things that need to be updated/corrected. I'll see if I can get to that soon too.

I agree the second sentence is probably misleading and could be misinterpreted. It was not meant to imply hnw techs were trained by these docs. They were not.

What I earlier stated here is the most accurate info. And for the record, we did start off with the manual FUE and now use the WAW. Still innovating, we may be presently looking at other methods and may change occasionally so things in an article such as this you quoted from 2017 may not be what we're doing in 2019.

For those of you confused and wondering what technique we use now, who does what, where did we get this, were did we get that, who's trained who, who has what experience in this, who has what experience in that, who does the extractions, who does the planting, etc. etc etc. , just look at the results when making your decision on who to go to. If you trust your clinic and are convinced without a shadow of a doubt they are the best in the business, let them take you where you want to go, don't be too concerned on how they get you there. Just make sure they can get you there.☺️

Just seems odd that hnw are trying to distance themselves from erdogan, that’s all....it’s quite the blunder to mention his name twice in two separate blog posts specifically titled “our journey to fue

1 hour ago, jj51702 said:

Just seems odd that hnw are trying to distance themselves from erdogan, that’s all....it’s quite the blunder to mention his name twice in two separate blog posts specifically titled “our journey to fue

A blunder to have Dr. Koray's name where Dr Devroye should have been, yes probably.  

2 hours ago, H & W Doug said:

I did not state the first sentence was incorrect. Not trying to distance ourselves from Koray here, we have no reason to. Just trying to set the record straight and give the credit where its due. Seems odd to me that was your conclusion. The whole point of this was to clear up the notion our techs were trained by Dr. Koray.

My apologies again for the "blunder". 

Hassonandwong.com

3 minutes ago, H & W Doug said:

A blunder to have Dr. Koray's name where Dr Devroye should have been, yes probably.  

I did not state the first sentence was incorrect. Not trying to distance ourselves from Koray here, we have no reason to. Just trying to set the record straight and give the credit where its due. Seems odd to me that was your conclusion. The whole point of this was to clear up the notion our techs were trained by Dr. Koray.

My apologies again for the "blunder". 

excellent results nonetheless 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Russ!

This was done with forceps. I think both methods are good in the hands of the right highly skilled doctor and team. One doctor and team might be able to achieve better density with the implanter where another might feel more comfortable and be able to achieve high density with forceps. We employ both methods at our clinic. The doctor and team must work in concert to achieve this type of high density. If the doctor doesn't possess the rare skill to dense pack like this, the insertion method may be irrelevant. The converse may also be true. In my opinion, if the doctor or clinic you choose consistently produces results like this, it doesn't matter how they do it as long as they just do it 😉

Hassonandwong.com

2 hours ago, H & W Doug said:

Thanks Russ!

This was done with forceps. I think both methods are good in the hands of the right highly skilled doctor and team. One doctor and team might be able to achieve better density with the implanter where another might feel more comfortable and be able to achieve high density with forceps. We employ both methods at our clinic. The doctor and team must work in concert to achieve this type of high density. If the doctor doesn't possess the rare skill to dense pack like this, the insertion method may be irrelevant. The converse may also be true. In my opinion, if the doctor or clinic you choose consistently produces results like this, it doesn't matter how they do it as long as they just do it 😉

Thank you for her informative reply! Does h and w believe that someone getting a transplant should be on finasteride prior to the surgery to prevent shock loss or does it vary by individual? I also see that h&w has a clinic in Seattle? That would be perfect Since I’m close to the Seattle area 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:20 PM, Russ said:

Thank you for her informative reply! Does h and w believe that someone getting a transplant should be on finasteride prior to the surgery to prevent shock loss or does it vary by individual? I also see that h&w has a clinic in Seattle? That would be perfect Since I’m close to the Seattle area 

Russ,

Every case can be unique. Whether we recommend medication before, after or not at all is more a product of the patients donor supply and final hair loss pattern. We don’t expect or rely on the medication to prevent potential temporary shock loss as a result of a procedure.

We have a consultation office in Seattle where I see patients a few times a month. Get in touch with me and we can set up a visit. You can also go to our website and fill in the online consultation form to get an evaluation:  

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-consultation/

Edited by H & W Doug

Hassonandwong.com

• 3 years later...
On 8/8/2019 at 6:02 AM, Vickykuril said:

This comment aged well 😂

• Like 2

Stunning result. Nice hairline design. Excellent photography. Super aggressive design for someone not on meds. 

9 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

This comment aged well 😂

Bizarrely enough I was reading this thread and thinking the same thing when you commented.