World's first hair follicle bank opens to 'make hair loss a thing of the past

Markee

Very interesting. It's always hard to know whether one goes for the first of it's kind.

2500 euro, and 100 each year isn't too bad, but it says this might need to be repeated every few years? 

Would suck to do it, only to find their protocols dont work as intended initially, as I'm sure it will all take a bit of refinement to perfect.

I.e. look at how far FUE transplants have come from when they first started.

Maybe I am too stupid to understand, but why should I put hair which is affected by DHT in a freezer, multiply it and implant it. And that several times...

Why not take save donor hair, multiply it and implant it once...happy hairy life until you die. 

• Like 1

So, this company wants people to pay them lots and lots of $$ for the luxury of holding on to a gullible persons 50-100 hair grafts UNTIL someone else comes up with a method to successfully clone those grafts and they can partner with them....yeah, no thanks.

• Moderators

Why would anyone pay thousands of dollars plus a monthly fee for what could be many years just in case you lose your hair, especially since the actual procedure to multiply the follicles and put them back into your head is not yet available? That makes no sense. If and when they are actually able to perform the procedure, that's when a balding person should go and have them take the 100 follicles and let multiply the cells for implantation. It makes no sense at all to do it beforehand.

What if you are losing your hair now? You pay the money and pay each month and yet you can't have the procedure done because it doesn't exist yet.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

Why would anyone pay thousands of dollars plus a monthly fee for what could be many years just in case you lose your hair, especially since the actual procedure to multiply the follicles and put them back into your head is not yet available? That makes no sense. If and when they are actually able to perform the procedure, that's when a balding person should go and have them take the 100 follicles and let multiply the cells for implantation. It makes no sense at all to do it beforehand.

What if you are losing your hair now? You pay the money and pay each month and yet you can't have the procedure done because it doesn't exist yet.

Simple really......because their business model relies on a sucker being born every minute. 🤣

• Like 1