How Do You Know If You Have Lost A Transplanted Graft

• Administrators

I see a lot of guys on the forum asking about losing grafts. They think that shedding grafts is the same as losing grafts. I wanted to give you guys a little article here that explains the difference.

How Do you Know If You Have Lost A Transplanted Graft

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

Can grafts still be damaged even if there is no blood say at 6 days post op by vigorous rubbing of the skin when wet in the shower?

yes and no, its complicated and will take science some deeper research and years before we get some concrete answers 

• Administrators
21 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

Can grafts still be damaged even if there is no blood say at 6 days post op by vigorous rubbing of the skin when wet in the shower?

Highly unlikely, you would have to really hit the grafts hard to damage them past 4 days. The only way I see a graft becoming dislodged at 6 days is if the graft is attached to scabs and they become dislodged.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

49 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Highly unlikely, you would have to really hit the grafts hard to damage them past 4 days. The only way I see a graft becoming dislodged at 6 days is if the graft is attached to scabs and they become dislodged.

Thanks, but what I’m asking is if grafts can still be damaged even if they are not dislodged? Like if they are rubbed or tugged at can their newly formed blood supply be damaged? Anything that could compromise yield