Which surgeon?

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Never heard of them, I would suggest looking up Dr. Yaman. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dear CI29200

I am going to book my second HT and for me it’s all about having a world class Doctor doing the whole procedure and his technique.

Also looked into Dr. Acar that started out by doing the whole surgery himself and criticising the many Turkish Hairmills where the technicians do all or most of the work but today Dr. Acar is also a tech based surgery. He just opens the holes/channels all at once and then the techs insert the grafts, 
Erdogan is doing the same and his latest results are not good.

Doctors that do the entire surgey themselves can only have 1 patient per day. If you go to Erdogan or Acar or Cinik you will find maybe 10 patients having the surgery on the same day.

The best results are due to the quality of the Doctor performing your surgery but it can help if he is using a higher quality technique such as Stick and Place or Direct Hair Implantation.

Stick and Place: Doctor opens the hole/Channel and immediately inserts the hair.

Direct Hair Transplantion uses implantors (Lion implantor being the best implantor available) and with implantors the nurses will place each removed hair into the implantor and then the Doctor will perform two steps at the same time:

1. open the hole/channel  

2. Insert the hair into the scalp. 

Both Stick and Place and DHT will provide great results because a world class Doctor can achieve great results with any technique. 

I am going to do my second HT and I rulled out all Doctors that have technicians do the surgery but I also need a world class Doctor that is affordable because I will need around 5000 grafts.

My search lead me to Kaan Pekiner: 2.15€/graft for Stick&Place with all manual FUE and does BHT from the beard to add density for 2.4€/graft.

Dr. Pekiner worked with Keser (one of the best FUE Doctors in the world but charges 3,5€/graft) and afterwards Pekiner worked at HLC Ankara for 7 years.

Check his results in this forum and the italian forum https://bellicapelli.forumfree.it/m/?f=64816590

Dr. Demirsoy also does the whole procedure himself and just has 1 patient per day. He charges the low price of 1.25€/graft but if you check patients results online you will find that several are complaining due to poor results so I rulled him out.

Couldn’t find any other Doctor with this level of technique and results at a lower price level. 

Let me know if you find other Doctors with posted results that are doing the whole procedure themselves with either stick and place or DHT with Lion implanter, at this price point. 

Edited by Portugal25

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, Cl29200 said:

Hi,

I'm 32 years old french man.

This is my :

190801085703501334.jpg

I take minoxidil since 10 years and proscar (/4) since one month.

Dr Koray erdogan estimates 5000/5500 graft.

What do you think about dr erdogan?

Thanks

How much is your budget? 

• 1 month later...

Namsak, HLC is a clinic not a Doctor so you don’t know which doctor will be doing your surgery, it’s also impossible to compare results from HLC with a Doctor because not all HLC results state the name of the doctor that did the surgery.

Dr. Pekiner worked at HLC for several years so you might find that some amazing results from this clinic are actually from Dr. Pekiner.

I rather select a doctor with patients results than a clinic.

My friend Ricardo had surgery with Dr. Pekiner last week and told me he is better than Dr Rahal (his first surgery).

I also had my first surgery with Dr Rahal and will have my second surgery with Dr Pekiner this month on the 26th in which I will be doing 4500 grafts to the crown and midscalp.

I already had a great felling about Dr. Pekiner and my friend took my advice and booked a date prior to mine, after what my friend told me I am now certain that Dr. Pekiner is a rising star and I am happy I can still afford having my HT done by this doctor.

If you want a quick reply you will have to contact his patient advisor Alex by whatsapp +39 392 990 5178

He usually replies in a few hours and I can confirm that they are swamped with emails so don’t expect a reply by email anytime soon.