7 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Seriously, I do not get why the arguments (even the ones which are clearly proven wrong) are being constantly repeated over and over. @LordBaldwin  did the entire forum a great favour and made a statistic about ASEMD cases. It says (out of the top of my head):

a) The majority of ASMED cases in the last years are good (> 70 or 80 % if I recall).
b) There might be a small dip in 2018 but it is only  ~ 5 % and the datasize might be to small to make this dip significant

If someone seriously believe that this are worse values than other top clinics and therefore wants ASMED expelled, why don't do a similar research for another clinic with a significant # of patient results posted for similar sized FUE procedures. This not much more effort than this fruitless discussion and would be much more valuable.

Of course the data can be flawed e. g. patients posting more negative results etc. but it would be more substantial than what we have now.  It would also put much more pressure on the mods than all the yelling.

This is the most sensible comment, and yes I agree.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Seriously, I do not get why the arguments (even the ones which are clearly proven wrong) are being constantly repeated over and over. @LordBaldwin  did the entire forum a great favour and made a statistic about ASEMD cases. It says (out of the top of my head):

a) The majority of ASMED cases in the last years are good (> 70 or 80 % if I recall).
b) There might be a small dip in 2018 but it is only  ~ 5 % and the datasize might be to small to make this dip significant

If someone seriously believe that this are worse values than other top clinics and therefore wants ASMED expelled, why don't do a similar research for another clinic with a significant # of patient results posted for similar sized FUE procedures. This not much more effort than this fruitless discussion and would be much more valuable.

Of course the data can be flawed e. g. patients posting more negative results etc. but it would be more substantial than what we have now.  It would also put much more pressure on the mods than all the yelling.

Whilst LordBaldwin's data was carefully elected, yes good post, from what you say - 8/10 transplants will be good from Erdogan.

In my opinion that is bad for prospective customers. Why would you spend thousands to risk being the 2/10? The other 8 are only getting 'GOOD' transplants.

This man is extremely good at advertising and marketing and I applaud that. However, anyone who wants to spend thousands on a transplant and get a RESULT should carefully research customer reviews...not 'recommended clinics' and this is how I feel this website does a disservice to honest members as they are being paid to recommend Erdogan.

Edited by s14a

16 minutes ago, s14a said:

Whilst LordBaldwin's data was carefully elected, yes good post, from what you say - 8/10 transplants will be good from Erdogan.

In my opinion that is bad for prospective customers. Why would you spend thousands to risk being the 2/10? The other 8 are only getting 'GOOD' transplants.

This man is extremely good at advertising and marketing and I applaud that. However, anyone who wants to spend thousands on a transplant and get a RESULT should carefully research customer reviews...not 'recommended clinics' and this is how I feel this website does a disservice to honest members as they are being paid to recommend Erdogan.

You missed the entire point of his post. First, there is no hair transplant clinic that is achieving 10/10 hair transplant results. This is a fact. The point of the post, was to compare another top clinic, with similar data to that of @LordBaldwin. Obviously, the comparison may be skewed, but it will be better than vociferously calling for a surgeon to be removed when the data we have on this very forum shows that most of the results are good.

I will repeat myself. There is NO SURGERY THAT IS GUARANTEED! If you can't deal with this fact, you should not undergo surgery period. Doesn't matter who the surgeon is either.  If you feel this website is a disservice, then you're free to leave. We've been around since the inception of the internet, and we've battled free-speech lawsuits to provide patients a voice, not just once, multiple times. But if you think we're a disservice. No one is keeping you here, you're free to leave our community. 👋

• Like 2

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

22 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You missed the entire point of his post. First, there is no hair transplant clinic that is achieving 10/10 hair transplant results. This is a fact. The point of the post, was to compare another top clinic, with similar data to that of @LordBaldwin. Obviously, the comparison may be skewed, but it will be better than vociferously calling for a surgeon to be removed when the data we have on this very forum shows that most of the results are good.

I will repeat myself. There is NO SURGERY THAT IS GUARANTEED! If you can't deal with this fact, you should not undergo surgery period. Doesn't matter who the surgeon is either.  If you feel this website is a disservice, then you're free to leave. We've been around since the inception of the internet, and we've battled free-speech lawsuits to provide patients a voice, not just once, multiple times. But if you think we're a disservice. No one is keeping you here, you're free to leave our community. 👋

I like and enjoy the community, it has been very useful to me in my journey. There are a number of surgeons who I would say get 99% patient satisfaction. 99% compared to 75-80% is a massive difference, I don't think it's right that surgeons with those results are pushed as 'recommended'. A hair transplant is a massive undertaking and effects peoples lives massively.

3 minutes ago, s14a said:

I like and enjoy the community, it has been very useful to me in my journey. There are a number of surgeons who I would say get 99% patient satisfaction. 99% compared to 75-80% is a massive difference, I don't think it's right that surgeons with those results are pushed as 'recommended'. A hair transplant is a massive undertaking and effects peoples lives massively.

That's your perception, but that is not reality. Trust me, there are no surgeons achieving 99% success rate. I'll explain why, patient's expectations cannot be controlled by any surgeon. I have seen some amazing results, that patient's simply aren't happy with no fault of the surgeon, they simply had expectations that aren't possible through one surgery.

I know for a fact, that even the best surgeons have patients like this, we measure the success of a procedure by the patient's satisfaction. Even if the grafts grew with a 99% survival rate, if the patient isn't happy-the procedure would be considered a failure. So you see 99% patient satisfaction is myth, and believe me no surgeon is achieving those numbers.

Just because patients don't complain on a forum, doesn't mean they aren't complaining to the surgeon or to us directly. You have to consider that hair transplant surgery is a very private procedure, and many patients don't want to post their pictures online. Another thing to consider is that Dr. Erdogan, probably has the highest rate of patients who post online, out of any other surgeon. In all my time here, I would say that he probably has double and maybe even triple the amount of patient posted results, as some other surgeons. 

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Just because patients don't complain on a forum, doesn't mean they aren't complaining to the surgeon or to us directly. You have to consider that hair transplant surgery is a very private procedure, and many patients don't want to post their pictures online. Another thing to consider is that Dr. Erdogan, probably has the highest rate of patients who post online, out of any other surgeon. In all my time here, I would say that he probably has double and maybe even triple the amount of patient posted results, as some other surgeons. 

Absolutely, I agree that he does have the highest number of patients. He's superb at marketing what he does, as I previously said. People buy the name and not the person who carries out the surgery, advertising is everything.

Hair surgery is very private, that's why 99.9% of users on here have strange usernames. It's important for regular joes like myself to inform people truthfully about clinics based on what we see online. I mean, we are all here trying to help each other in our own time, yet there's yourself who is being paid to participate on hairrestorationnetwork and push 'recommended surgeons'. Big difference.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

With respect, this is a predictable and a very inadequate response to the rightful criticism that has been leveled against him.  What about questions such as how many surgeries is he or rather his technicians performing per day? What is his involvement? Was the photo of a monitor looking over nine rooms real? Have they recently hired new technicians meaning it's a lottery in terms of who operates on your head? These are extremely important questions which will undoubtedly impact upon the service they deliver. Everyone knows the high quality work they are capable of, yet members of this website have had their lives damaged by some absolutely atrocious hairline work. While you are totally right that no clinic produces great results one hundred percent of the time, the sudden influx of bad work simply cannot be coincidence. Turkey is lawless in terms of hair transplant surgery and the few laws they do have are completely ignored. This is where I thought this forum has a responsibility.

Again, with the greatest of respect to the work the moderators do, it just seems to me that this was an immediate jump to the defense of a clinic who contributes to the upkeep of this forum. 

Edited by jonnyalex
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

With respect, this is a predictable and a very inadequate response to the rightful criticism that has been leveled against him.  What about questions such as how many surgeries is he or rather his technicians performing per day? What is his involvement? Was the photo of a monitor looking over nine rooms real? Have they recently hired new technicians meaning it's a lottery in terms of who operates on your head? These are extremely important questions which will undoubtedly impact upon the service they deliver. Everyone knows the high quality work they are capable of, yet members of this website have had their lives damaged by some absolutely atrocious hairline work. While you are totally right that no clinic produces great results one hundred percent of the time, the sudden influx of bad work simply cannot be coincidence. 

Yes the photo was real, that was just after they opened the new clinic.i took a screen shot and posted it on payums thread i think back then and it caused a bit of a fuss and i think the clinic noticed that and when i went back to their instagram it had dissapeared. It was 9 separate rooms and 7 were occupied. It doesn't necessarily mean they can do 9 a day, they could be spare rooms but for sure 7 seperate surgeries were taking place becsuse if you zoom in on each screen it says room number 1 2 etc...

Edited by FarsanUk

58 minutes ago, s14a said:

Absolutely, I agree that he does have the highest number of patients. He's superb at marketing what he does, as I previously said. People buy the name and not the person who carries out the surgery, advertising is everything.

Hair surgery is very private, that's why 99.9% of users on here have strange usernames. It's important for regular joes like myself to inform people truthfully about clinics based on what we see online. I mean, we are all here trying to help each other in our own time, yet there's yourself who is being paid to participate on hairrestorationnetwork and push 'recommended surgeons'. Big difference.

He has the largest “patient” posted results. How is that marketing? These are patients posting their reviews. You’re confusing patient posted results and clinic posted results. They’re not one in the same.

You’re new to this community, so it’s obvious you’re painfully unaware that I’ve been participating in this forum way before I was a moderator. In fact, I posted my journey as you can check a page back over 4 years ago. 

I do this job for passion, I have a full time job, this is not my source of income at all. I enjoy being involved in the hair restoration community as a patient. I take great offense that you’re essentially calling me a shill. I don’t sell hair transplants or any particular surgeon. I’m not any surgeons paid representative. 

You act as if I’m riding around in a yacht collecting money. I’m just a regular guy with a 9-5, who had the courage to share my journey, so others in my shoes could have hope. It’s clear to me you have no respect for me or this community. As I said, if you think we’re all shills, feel free to leave.

Best wishes,

Melvin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are we going to get the clinic to answer the questions or not ? It just seems like we keep missing the points raised by people

can we our the matter to bed 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TimK said:

Dr Erdogan botched my hairline. This forum doesn't like the real truth!!!

You are going to a hair mill NOT A SURGEON.

This HT04016 8th account now.