Dr. Bloxham: A Nice Little Hairline Repair | 3 Years Post Repair | Feller & Bloxham Medical, NY, NYC, LI

Today's case is an example of a nice little hairline repair procedure. 

The patient in the video had "1,500 grafts" (a big emphasis on the quotation marks there) at an outside clinic years earlier. He had great hair elsewhere and just wanted to fix some slight hairline recession. The clinic used follicular unit grafting, but simply did not go dense enough in the frontal band/hairline. The result was less than impressive, but the patient assumed this is all he could achieve and lived with it. Years later he did some research and realized that, maybe, what he had was not standard of care and decided to seek out another procedure. He presented to our clinic excited at the prospect of improvement, but somewhat skeptical that what we did here was different. Because of this, a conservative approach using 1,200 grafts was undertaken. The hairline was not lowered or adjusted, just addressed using dense packing. He did well and was thrilled with the results. Several years later after realizing what can be achieved with a hair transplant, he came down with a little bit of the "hair greed" and decided he wanted to flatten the hairline a little bit and really get that perfect density in the front. We used another 1,200 grafts to perfect it. 

He came back 3 years later to show us the results. Here are a few "teaser" comparison pictures. I only share a few because I really encourage everyone to watch the detailed comb-through video. Remember that there is only so much you can get from still photographs. Ask clinics you are considering to show you comb-through video! 

I wanted to state that we probably would not have recommended using so much donor in just the hairline IF the patient had any other signs of hair loss elsewhere. But because of his age, family history, and the fact that we (both Dr. Feller and myself) had seen him over a period of around 7 years with no noticeable change, we felt comfortable accommodating his request. 

I also wanted to thank this patient for allowing us to use his full face. 

119636320_0070558comp.thumb.jpg.9b0395b98ad2a635d32d72f515cb6ade.jpg

1405954478_0070560comp.thumb.jpg.5753ca2919d27934c6f1d6a64a58f9fa.jpg

78336928_0100565comp.thumb.jpg.128465465a27a1083cd78b55956da7b3.jpg

780501008_0080566comp.thumb.jpg.f25a529c4656b761dbf46308c7ea8f39.jpg

And here is the video: 

Thank you for viewing. Look forward to the discussion. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham 

Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC 

www.fellermedical.com

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Raja, 

Per our records, the patient has been on brand name Propecia for quite some time. Likely around the time of his very first surgery performed at the outside clinic. He did not start any new medications post-surgery, but did continue with the Propecia. 

Thanks for the question. 

• Thanks 1

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

7 hours ago, Greg_Swanson said:

Great result as usual, Dr.

Super natural looking.

Thank you. 

• Administrators

Great subtle change, the patient must feel thrilled. Great work Dr. Bloxham.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It is not until the comb through that you realize the true density.  Keep in mind that hair in the middle and the front grow an an angle towards the front and shingles.  This is why an in person evaluation is so important.

Nice work.......

Doctor, from time to time, would you mind taking photos of the scars in the donor?  This comes up frequently either because the scars are terrible or because the patient is concerned about moving forward because of it.  Thanks.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:02 AM, LaserCap said:

It is not until the comb through that you realize the true density.  Keep in mind that hair in the middle and the front grow an an angle towards the front and shingles.  This is why an in person evaluation is so important.

Nice work.......

Doctor, from time to time, would you mind taking photos of the scars in the donor?  This comes up frequently either because the scars are terrible or because the patient is concerned about moving forward because of it.  Thanks.

Thank you for watching and commenting. Thank you for the kind words as well. 

Absolutely. I actually try to include a scar comb-through in all of my FUT videos. I did not film this one myself, so it looks like I did not get scar footage. I will share some if he comes back, and do look out for pictures and video in future presentations. 

• Moderators

looks very good. It doesn't look like a hair transplant. Nobody would ever know it's a hair transplant unless he tells them.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Great job Dr. Bloxham! The patient must be thrilled! I like the gentle change in the hairline, it looks very natural, not too aggressive. The density looks good too. Has the patient noticed any additional hair fall, or does the Propecia help with that?

is he on Minoxidil as well? Do you recommend that? Thank you!