Jump to content

Dr. Konior - 3423 FUT Grafts - July 2019


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last few pics looking golden. Everyone can make a hair transplant result look bad using horrible lightning, angle and bed hair. Well, maybe everyone except @Aftermath . Also think it will fill u

8 months status Hey guys, Sorry for the delay, I have skip a month because I was really busy at work with everything that is going on right now and that i didn't notice a big difference betw

Hey guys, Theses are my 10th day post-op pictures, I have already started too shed some hair at this point :   Theses are pictures of my scar, I think it will lo

Posted Images

  • Administrators

Looking good, you hit the corner, and now the fun begins. Looking forward to your progress please keep us updated, and happy growing 😊

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yolando looking good on the growth, congrats. You are certainly through the worst of it now, and Im hopeful you’ll end up with a great result. 

Now that you're developing solid fuzz everywhere and the new hairline is showing, have you considered taking a very short clipper setting and shaving the entire head down to a 1 or 0?

When I was at the 3-5 month post-op stage, my native areas of hair would always outgrow the transplanted area, and I found that shaving the whole head uniformly made everything much less noticeable and helped me deal socially. it had no impact on the final result and (I believe) it also got rid of a lot of the kinked and twisted hair growth that usually comes first in the transplanted areas. 
....just a suggestion.

If the scar prevents you from doing so however, I get it  

Either way, congrats on your progress so far and happy growing. You’re going to have a solid head of hair by Spring!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really noticeable improvement this month, things definitely starting to happen now. Should be a killer result this.

  • Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

 

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 5:36 AM, SprayPaint said:

@Yolando looking good on the growth, congrats. You are certainly through the worst of it now, and Im hopeful you’ll end up with a great result. 

Now that you're developing solid fuzz everywhere and the new hairline is showing, have you considered taking a very short clipper setting and shaving the entire head down to a 1 or 0?

When I was at the 3-5 month post-op stage, my native areas of hair would always outgrow the transplanted area, and I found that shaving the whole head uniformly made everything much less noticeable and helped me deal socially. it had no impact on the final result and (I believe) it also got rid of a lot of the kinked and twisted hair growth that usually comes first in the transplanted areas. 
....just a suggestion.

If the scar prevents you from doing so however, I get it  

Either way, congrats on your progress so far and happy growing. You’re going to have a solid head of hair by Spring!

Hi SprayPaint, trust me I wish I could do that but the scar keeps me from cutting it too short. But at the same time I do try to cut them as short as possible and at the same time I try to conceal the scar. Hopefully in a coupe of months all this should be behind me me :)  

Your results is awesome, congrats!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 1:38 AM, Hairyou said:

Hey I had a recent fut transplant and while everything looks perfect, I feel some tenderness in my crown even though the part that was touches was the front same as yours. Did you feel that too?  I'm three weeks post op. 

Yes a lot actually, it was very tender but it went away after about 2 months. It will feel less in less as time pass. So don’t worry to much about it. It will go away!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Her are my 5 month pictures.

Honestly I didn't see to much new hair grow this month and I hope some more will grow.

 Overall I am please with the progress and hope thing with get more dense with time.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays guys and wish you all the best for the new year to come.

Cheers

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, you’re looking good and right on track. You probably stare in the mirror everyday so it’s tougher to notice the growth/change, but to me it’s apparent. Keep giving it time. Next 6 months is when the magic happens. Below are your pics side by side from month 4 to month 5. Definitely improving. Hang in there! It’ll only continue to get better  

 

 

97915BC1-3793-4529-B616-B8618853FE5A.jpeg

8C3B0A75-6164-4A79-90C9-0F4E89DFAEEE.jpeg

1B04791A-03DC-4ED4-AC64-2FBBB6728F5F.jpeg

EA1E4D75-7A48-4602-AFA1-2C75B63D0F9B.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys

First off, I wish you guys happy new year and all the best for the new year to come.

Her is my 6 month and 1 week update.

Thing are progressing very well and I see good improvement month after month. Some area are still thinner then the rest but I know I still have a 6 other month to go and thing should get more dense.

 

One thing that got me more worried is the back of my head. As you can see with the pictures there is a big line that is darker were my scar is, it looks like if I were wearing a baseball cap. Is this normal? Is this part of the progress and will fade away with time? Your guideline is this matter would be greatly appreciated since this got me worried a bit.

 

Cheers guys

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

Edited by Yolando
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has had the baseball hat look in the past but I’m pretty sure it went over time, although I have had another procedure since then. Looks like there’s been a little stretching of the scar in some areas, did your scalp feel tight after the op at all? Nice improvement from last month, still early days also so time for it to improve further over time 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good so far and you should see improvements up to month 11-12 at this rate.  Month 11 is when I felt things tapered off.

I don't see any stretching of the scar, just areas still a bit shock lossed which should fill-in at the same rate as the front.  It gives the impression of having been stretched but in some areas you can see hair growing out of the center of otherwise 'blank' space.

Hat hair - probably wiry shock lossed hair growing back through the scar and sticking out.  Will fade away over time I'm sure.

  • Thanks 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg Mon/Wed/Fri.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to have thickened up nicely over the last month. Very promising with hopefully plenty still to come.

  • Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

 

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I don't see any stretching of the scar, just areas still a bit shock lossed which should fill-in at the same rate as the front.  It gives the impression of having been stretched but in some areas you can see hair growing out of the center of otherwise 'blank' space.

I’m pretty sure there is some stretching (Not excessive) although I agree it’s more noticeable with the shockloss and if there’s no further stretching I think it’ll look just fine and probably improve as the shockloss grows back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 It's fine.  Here's what mine looked like at 4 months (couldn't find a 6 month one zoomed in enough) + the scar 5 years on.  It just needs more time for the shocked out hairs to grow back.

SAM_0786.thumb.JPG.31656316e15bf4003c3cbd745b1a4d97.JPG 

DSC_0797.JPG

  • Thanks 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg Mon/Wed/Fri.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

 It's fine.  Here's what mine looked like at 4 months (couldn't find a 6 month one zoomed in enough) + the scar 5 years on.  It just needs more time for the shocked out hairs to grow back.

SAM_0786.thumb.JPG.31656316e15bf4003c3cbd745b1a4d97.JPG 

DSC_0797.JPG

Yeah maybe you’re right because looking at your first pic I’d have said that looked slightly stretched, looks great in the second one. No FUE into that scar? If not is that something you’d consider? I should imagine you’d only need 300 grafts max 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Yeah maybe you’re right because looking at your first pic I’d have said that looked slightly stretched, looks great in the second one. No FUE into that scar? If not is that something you’d consider? I should imagine you’d only need 300 grafts max 

Never really considered it as my hair grows so quick it's covered over anyway. 

If I ever need another HT then filling in the scar could be an option:

1)Fill in scar (~150 grafts I think would do it as the right side is very fine) + another 1000FUE to tidy up elsewhere...FUE donor left exhausted; or 

2)FUT 1500-2000 + some further FUE left in the tank.

Will have to make that call if and when it ever comes around!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg Mon/Wed/Fri.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...