Dr. Konior - 3423 FUT Grafts - July 2019

Yolando

• Administrators

Looking good, you hit the corner, and now the fun begins. Looking forward to your progress please keep us updated, and happy growing 😊

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Yolando looking good on the growth, congrats. You are certainly through the worst of it now, and Im hopeful you’ll end up with a great result. 

Now that you're developing solid fuzz everywhere and the new hairline is showing, have you considered taking a very short clipper setting and shaving the entire head down to a 1 or 0?

When I was at the 3-5 month post-op stage, my native areas of hair would always outgrow the transplanted area, and I found that shaving the whole head uniformly made everything much less noticeable and helped me deal socially. it had no impact on the final result and (I believe) it also got rid of a lot of the kinked and twisted hair growth that usually comes first in the transplanted areas. 
....just a suggestion.

If the scar prevents you from doing so however, I get it  

Either way, congrats on your progress so far and happy growing. You’re going to have a solid head of hair by Spring!

• Like 1

Really noticeable improvement this month, things definitely starting to happen now. Should be a killer result this.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Oh yeah, looking forward to seeing this pop

Grow well. 

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:36 AM, SprayPaint said:

@Yolando looking good on the growth, congrats. You are certainly through the worst of it now, and Im hopeful you’ll end up with a great result. 

Now that you're developing solid fuzz everywhere and the new hairline is showing, have you considered taking a very short clipper setting and shaving the entire head down to a 1 or 0?

When I was at the 3-5 month post-op stage, my native areas of hair would always outgrow the transplanted area, and I found that shaving the whole head uniformly made everything much less noticeable and helped me deal socially. it had no impact on the final result and (I believe) it also got rid of a lot of the kinked and twisted hair growth that usually comes first in the transplanted areas. 
....just a suggestion.

If the scar prevents you from doing so however, I get it  

Either way, congrats on your progress so far and happy growing. You’re going to have a solid head of hair by Spring!

Hi SprayPaint, trust me I wish I could do that but the scar keeps me from cutting it too short. But at the same time I do try to cut them as short as possible and at the same time I try to conceal the scar. Hopefully in a coupe of months all this should be behind me me :)  

Your results is awesome, congrats!!!

On 11/28/2019 at 1:38 AM, Hairyou said:

Hey I had a recent fut transplant and while everything looks perfect, I feel some tenderness in my crown even though the part that was touches was the front same as yours. Did you feel that too?  I'm three weeks post op. 

Yes a lot actually, it was very tender but it went away after about 2 months. It will feel less in less as time pass. So don’t worry to much about it. It will go away!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Her are my 5 month pictures.

Honestly I didn't see to much new hair grow this month and I hope some more will grow.

Overall I am please with the progress and hope thing with get more dense with time.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays guys and wish you all the best for the new year to come.

Cheers

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

Dude, you’re looking good and right on track. You probably stare in the mirror everyday so it’s tougher to notice the growth/change, but to me it’s apparent. Keep giving it time. Next 6 months is when the magic happens. Below are your pics side by side from month 4 to month 5. Definitely improving. Hang in there! It’ll only continue to get better  

97915BC1-3793-4529-B616-B8618853FE5A.jpeg

8C3B0A75-6164-4A79-90C9-0F4E89DFAEEE.jpeg

1B04791A-03DC-4ED4-AC64-2FBBB6728F5F.jpeg

EA1E4D75-7A48-4602-AFA1-2C75B63D0F9B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

First off, I wish you guys happy new year and all the best for the new year to come.

Her is my 6 month and 1 week update.

Thing are progressing very well and I see good improvement month after month. Some area are still thinner then the rest but I know I still have a 6 other month to go and thing should get more dense.

One thing that got me more worried is the back of my head. As you can see with the pictures there is a big line that is darker were my scar is, it looks like if I were wearing a baseball cap. Is this normal? Is this part of the progress and will fade away with time? Your guideline is this matter would be greatly appreciated since this got me worried a bit.

Cheers guys

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

Edited by Yolando

Mine has had the baseball hat look in the past but I’m pretty sure it went over time, although I have had another procedure since then. Looks like there’s been a little stretching of the scar in some areas, did your scalp feel tight after the op at all? Nice improvement from last month, still early days also so time for it to improve further over time 

• Thanks 1

Looking good so far and you should see improvements up to month 11-12 at this rate.  Month 11 is when I felt things tapered off.

I don't see any stretching of the scar, just areas still a bit shock lossed which should fill-in at the same rate as the front.  It gives the impression of having been stretched but in some areas you can see hair growing out of the center of otherwise 'blank' space.

Hat hair - probably wiry shock lossed hair growing back through the scar and sticking out.  Will fade away over time I'm sure.

• Thanks 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looks to have thickened up nicely over the last month. Very promising with hopefully plenty still to come.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

19 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I don't see any stretching of the scar, just areas still a bit shock lossed which should fill-in at the same rate as the front.  It gives the impression of having been stretched but in some areas you can see hair growing out of the center of otherwise 'blank' space.

I’m pretty sure there is some stretching (Not excessive) although I agree it’s more noticeable with the shockloss and if there’s no further stretching I think it’ll look just fine and probably improve as the shockloss grows back.

It's fine.  Here's what mine looked like at 4 months (couldn't find a 6 month one zoomed in enough) + the scar 5 years on.  It just needs more time for the shocked out hairs to grow back.

SAM_0786.thumb.JPG.31656316e15bf4003c3cbd745b1a4d97.JPG 

DSC_0797.JPG

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

It's fine.  Here's what mine looked like at 4 months (couldn't find a 6 month one zoomed in enough) + the scar 5 years on.  It just needs more time for the shocked out hairs to grow back.

SAM_0786.thumb.JPG.31656316e15bf4003c3cbd745b1a4d97.JPG 

DSC_0797.JPG

Yeah maybe you’re right because looking at your first pic I’d have said that looked slightly stretched, looks great in the second one. No FUE into that scar? If not is that something you’d consider? I should imagine you’d only need 300 grafts max 

3 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Yeah maybe you’re right because looking at your first pic I’d have said that looked slightly stretched, looks great in the second one. No FUE into that scar? If not is that something you’d consider? I should imagine you’d only need 300 grafts max 

Never really considered it as my hair grows so quick it's covered over anyway. 

If I ever need another HT then filling in the scar could be an option:

1)Fill in scar (~150 grafts I think would do it as the right side is very fine) + another 1000FUE to tidy up elsewhere...FUE donor left exhausted; or 

2)FUT 1500-2000 + some further FUE left in the tank.

Will have to make that call if and when it ever comes around!

1 minute ago, 1978matt said:

Never really considered it as my hair grows so quick it's covered over anyway. 

If I ever need another HT then filling in the scar could be an option:

1)Fill in scar (~150 grafts I think would do it as the right side is very fine) + another 1000FUE to tidy up elsewhere...FUE donor left exhausted; or 

2)FUT 1500-2000 + some further FUE left in the tank.

Will have to make that call if and when it ever comes around!

Not to question your decision because obviously it’s working well for you but I always wondered why you decided to go for FUE when you already had a strip scar and plenty left in the tank. Was it just the downtime that put you off FUT the second time?