Minoxidil on the back of the head

For the past two months, I have been applying minoxidil to the back of my head, both the donor and where the crown dips.  I'm doing this in anticipation of my first transplant in the coming months. I can see some thickening in the region, but it might just be the finasteride. Anybody else on here applied minoxidil to the back of the head? 

The medication is systemic.  Regardless of where you apply it, it is working the entire head.  No need to rub it all over, you are just wasting it.  If you are doing the foam, a cap full is all you need.

If you are getting enhancement, I would encourage you to continue the use.  Only a small percentage of patients notice a visual change.  This means you are a great responder.  

For how long have you been using finasteride? It typically takes a full year to see the full benefit.

I have been using finasteride for 15 months. Most of my regrowth has been in the front and midscalp. The vertex hasnt responded yet. Last week Instarted adding dut 3 times a week because I read a study in which adding dut to fin enhances the effects. Since I have no side effects, I decided why not. 

50 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

The medication is systemic.  Regardless of where you apply it, it is working the entire head.  No need to rub it all over, you are just wasting it.  If you are doing the foam, a cap full is all you need. 

While I have read this and agree, I need to soak my head in it to really feel like its working LOL

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

I believe most docs would discourage the dual use of finasteride and dutasteride together.

Get your primary doctor's advice on this one for sure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY