My hair transplant repair with Dr. Arocha 6/29

I have an interesting HT history. I had two procedures done around 96 and 97 by someone in Houston not sure. I was an ENT resident and was 25 and 26 and didn't do any research - went for the cheapest price on a resident salary. Dumb move. Needless to say, it wasn't quality work, very thin up top and funky hairs and significant temporal recession not addressed and crown and vertex thin. But the worst part was after the second procedure, my donor strip dehisced (fell apart) after staples were removed (they severely misaligned my wound edges). That happened that evening after staple removal. My roommate at the time who was a general surgery intern basically stapled it back for me after I took a couple swigs of whisky. He used a surgical stapler not office depot. Of course the wound widened and left me with a prominent hairless scar of about 5 mm to 1 cm in diameter in different areas.

I came to Dr. Arocha first to get the scar excised and then whatever grafts he could get to give me some density. We can add more density later on. He is an excellent caring physician and his support staff is excellent, Craig and Maria. He was able to excise about 95% of the scar and got me about 1850 grafts a little short of what we wanted but I can live to fight another day. Most importantly, the scar should be resolved now and I can get more grafts with my next procedure.

Procedure itself went smoothly, minimal pain, swelling, using graftcyte and iamin gel and everything is healing appropriately. Dr. Arocha's music rocks btw.

Hopefully Craig can post some photos.

Any questions let me know.

Ravi Pachigolla

I have an interesting HT history. I had two procedures done around 96 and 97 by someone in Houston not sure. I was an ENT resident and was 25 and 26 and didn't do any research - went for the cheapest price on a resident salary. Dumb move. Needless to say, it wasn't quality work, very thin up top and funky hairs and significant temporal recession not addressed and crown and vertex thin. But the worst part was after the second procedure, my donor strip dehisced (fell apart) after staples were removed (they severely misaligned my wound edges). That happened that evening after staple removal. My roommate at the time who was a general surgery intern basically stapled it back for me after I took a couple swigs of whisky. He used a surgical stapler not office depot. Of course the wound widened and left me with a prominent hairless scar of about 5 mm to 1 cm in diameter in different areas.

I came to Dr. Arocha first to get the scar excised and then whatever grafts he could get to give me some density. We can add more density later on. He is an excellent caring physician and his support staff is excellent, Craig and Maria. He was able to excise about 95% of the scar and got me about 1850 grafts a little short of what we wanted but I can live to fight another day. Most importantly, the scar should be resolved now and I can get more grafts with my next procedure.

Procedure itself went smoothly, minimal pain, swelling, using graftcyte and iamin gel and everything is healing appropriately. Dr. Arocha's music rocks btw.

Hopefully Craig can post some photos.

Any questions let me know.

Ravi Pachigolla

rpachigo,

I've never heard Dr. Arocha's music, but I am confident that he performs excellent hair transplants :-).

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I hope you're willing to go further and share your before and surgical photos with us and then update us monthly so we can watch your hair restoration transformation. The best way to do this is by creating a free patient website.

Happy healing and growing.

Bill

• 11 months later...