Fue - Low growth after 7.5 months

I received 1800 graft fue transplant in mid December 2018 from a well known Dr Gabel in the US. I have not really grown that much hair and honestly looks like I've less hair then before the transplant. I've recovered a little bit of hair since the ugly duckling stage but still not that much of a result.

The Dr thinks that I'm a late grower and says fue usually takes longer to grow than fut. Being this far in the timeline im worried that my surgery is not going to yield much results. 

Are there people that grow a substantial amount in months 8-18? Many people usually have big results by now. I've been in fin and min for 3years and use nizoral once a week.  

Edited by ThePeoplesElbow
Gabel

2 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

1. Please share some pictures so we can give you some opinions

2. Go ahead and name the doc. Y r u hiding his name and protecting him if you are unhappy with the result?

Pictures attached. Sorry not the greatest quality.  Longer hair is before surgery. short hair is about a month ago. I'll submit new pics later this week.

It is Dr. Gabel. I wanted to wait the full 12 months before making a judgement about his work. Wanted to see what you guys thought of the progress so far.

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Administrators

The pictures aren’t really saying much. What area was transplanted? If it’s just the hairline we need clear comparisons. That said, 7.5 months is too early to call it a failure. Give it a few more months and always keep your surgeon in the loop. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It’s really difficult today because of the hair length differences. The shorter hair makes the density look more uniform. It does look like there is a density increase behind the hairline however. 

Dr Gabel is highly regarded here. I’d continue to keep him in the loop. How long did he say to wait for before seeing more growth?

The front half of my head was transplanted. I've attached more pictures. 

I've talked to Dr. Gabel about my concerns and he says to continue waiting. I want to see what you guys think of my progress so far. A lot of his other patients on this forum have way thicker hair by this time which is what worries me.

The Scab picture is about 3 days out, short hair is 10 days, and the long hair pics are as of today 7/30. Definitely making progress.. just not nearly as fast as I'd like and as fast as many other members on this forum.

3.JPG

4.JPG

7-30.JPG

7-30-2.JPG

5 hours ago, elduterino said:

given the area to cover you would need 3 times the graft amount to get good density imo

Wait until a full year passed and have another Fue to increase density 

That to me already sounds like a problem. I was told that I would have great results from this. And would not need another for awhile. You're telling me I should get another fue surgery right after the 1 year mark? Most results don't fully show until 12-18 months?

• Administrators

It looks like you have some good growth already, but it is clear that you are not done yet. At this point, you are only a little over half way there. I suggest growing out the top a little longer and wait until 12 months to re-assess. I have seen a lot of guys throw dirt on their doctors name only be happy by 12 months and have to apologize to their surgeon. Be patient.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It looks like you have some good growth already, but it is clear that you are not done yet. At this point, you are only a little over half way there. I suggest growing out the top a little longer and wait until 12 months to re-assess. I have seen a lot of guys throw dirt on their doctors name only be happy by 12 months and have to apologize to their surgeon. Be patient.

Yes, that is why I didn't want to give the Drs name out just yet. Still got some time and I definitely hope to get more growth and be able to properly give credit where it's due. 

On 8/1/2019 at 11:31 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do you mind changing the title to include Dr. Gabel please?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, ThePeoplesElbow said:

Do you mind changing the title to include Dr. Gabel please?

I don’t mind, but please send me a private message with your name and date of surgery so I can reach out to him. If you have public concerns we have to let him address those concerns publicly as well.

View my thread

39 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t mind, but please send me a private message with your name and date of surgery so I can reach out to him. If you have public concerns we have to let him address those concerns publicly as well.

Thank you. I would prefer to stay anonymous. As I said earlier, I don't have a grievance with my procedure just yet. I am waiting the full 12 months before being able to accurately judge if this was a success or not. 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, ThePeoplesElbow said:

Thank you. I would prefer to stay anonymous. As I said earlier, I don't have a grievance with my procedure just yet. I am waiting the full 12 months before being able to accurately judge if this was a success or not. 

We will not divulge your information publicly. We simply require this information so the doctor can identify you as a patient. Dr. Gabel is a great guy and surgeon I’m positive he will stand by you and his work.

View my thread