After long consideration and plenty of research, I have booked in with Dr.Bisanga on the 3rd of September 2019 in the new Bisanga / Cole Clinic in Athens.

A small briefing of myself. I'm in my early 30's and possibly a Norwood 2. Not losing a mass amount of hair but enough to make me feel self conscious. My hairline used to be lower in my 20's. The hairloss started possibly around the age of 25. Typical hairloss. Receding at the temples and the hairline moving back over. 

I initially made contact with the B/C clinic after the recommendation on Instagram. Obviously I had done extensive research online and via lots of internet hairloss forums. I am also members of Facebook hairloss groups.

It was a very tough process, to filter though all the clinics around the world. Initially, I would have wanted to get the surgery done in the UK. As it's a very daunting process to fly to a foreign country for any cosmetic procedure.

As my research esculated and knowledge increased, I found that there wasn't many top surgeons in the UK.  I'm definitely not saying there isn't any, I'm just identifying that my background checks on surgeons just didn't accumulate to much. 

I also did a hell of a lot of research on Turkish Clinics. In the end, to cut a long story short, my main essential questions never got the answer I was looking for.

My thoughts behind choosing between either Dr.Bisanga or Dr.C was purely personal preference. A flip of a coin some people may say. Dr.C has been a innovator within the FUE industry creating industry designed tools distributed world wide and performing numous FUE transplants. He also trained Dr.Bisanga.

My thoughts behind the choice of surgeon was souly based on my research. Also the type of surgery I was requesting and the results to back it up. Dr. Bisangas work stood out by a mile in relation to my specifics. His hairline lowering and temple work was top notch and widely documented online. Meanwhile, although I could find lots of Dr.Cs top great work online there wasn't as many (to my preferences) stood out compared to Dr.Bisanga's. 

Through many a conversation with my patient advisor Ian Rafferty, I decided to book with Dr Bisanga. I must say, my patient advisor Ian has been top class. Every question (there's been alot) has been answered to a tee. Quick response times, honest and realistic answers. There's no main sales tactic within this process. It made me feel reassured that the patients interests were best at heart.

In my photos you will see the two hairlines illustrated on the photographs. The back hairline is what has been agreed between myself and Dr.Bisanga. He did mention that every patient is different.Normally Dr. Bisanga would look for a minimum distance of 7 cm between hairline and eyebrows. In my case due to facial features he has agreed to lower my hairline by 7-8mm. 

The white dotted hairline is what I would have wanted initially, (if possible) but I am more than happy to take on the knowledge of Dr.Bisanga, knowing he has my best interests and future mature hairline in his considerations.

I'm going to document my full Jorney on this forum and possibly some others. 

Thanks, and I hope this is of some interest on your particular hair transplant journey. 

Point Blur_Jul272019_194255.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_194706.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_194553.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_194449.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_194350.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_195112.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_193757.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_194953.jpg

Point Blur_Jul272019_194825.jpg

2 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Great write up very well put together. You have chosen a great doctor with a great reputation. 

Where does the technicans and team come from considering his main clinic is in Belgium ?

........Paddy......

Thanks Paddy. I'm not too sure to be honest. Although after doing my research on Dr.Bisanga I'm sure his team will be up to his standards and well put together. A leap of faith on that avenue! I can ask the question though if you are keen to find out?

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

Your hair status is great for your age, still I think the chosen hairline is quite aggressive. Looking at your temple triangles you might consider a little more conservative approach. 

Hi Gasthoerer thanks for the hair complement. Although it has still been getting to me for quite a while.

In regards to the hairline choice, I was very keen to reproduce a hairline I know I'd be happy with for both the rest of my younger and older years to come. My facial shape does tend to allow me a more aggressive hairline as my forehead appears to be longer than it actually is. Without seeing my full face I suppose it may be hard to judge.

I originally wanted a more aggressive hairline, which Dr.Bisanga dismissed. We have come to a compromise between myself Ian and Dr.B. 

On 7/28/2019 at 4:50 AM, BradMarr said:

Thanks Paddy. I'm not too sure to be honest. Although after doing my research on Dr.Bisanga I'm sure his team will be up to his standards and well put together. A leap of faith on that avenue! I can ask the question though if you are keen to find out?

Yes thanks Bradmarr if you could ask the question. Im curious to know, and since Dr. C operates from there also maybe they share the same team ?

.................all the best.........

....................Paddy..............

Brad

Congratulations on confirming your surgery with Dr Bisanga in Athens, and congratulations on your write up. You have done a great job. 

Thank you for the mention. It has been a pleasure conversing with you over the last weeks/months.

Dr Bisanga is looking forward to meeting you in person, and I for one am very much looking forward to following your progress over the coming months.

Regarding the question asked about Dr Bisangas team of technicians in Athens. Whenever Dr Bisanga is performing surgery in Athens his team from Brussels also travel to ensure that surgery is performed to its usual quality and efficiency whilst the local team of technicians  are patiently integrating into the Bisanga method of surgery. 

Dr Bisanga is the president of FUE Europe, a member of the ISHRS and the IAHRS whilst also being recommended by the American hair loss association. Having Dr Bisanga lead your surgery with his unparalleled reputation and expertise is something that you should have great confidence in.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:08 AM, Raphael84 said:

Brad

Congratulations on confirming your surgery with Dr Bisanga in Athens, and congratulations on your write up. You have done a great job. 

Thank you for the mention. It has been a pleasure conversing with you over the last weeks/months.

Dr Bisanga is looking forward to meeting you in person, and I for one am very much looking forward to following your progress over the coming months.

Regarding the question asked about Dr Bisangas team of technicians in Athens. Whenever Dr Bisanga is performing surgery in Athens his team from Brussels also travel to ensure that surgery is performed to its usual quality and efficiency whilst the local team of technicians  are patiently integrating into the Bisanga method of surgery. 

Dr Bisanga is the president of FUE Europe, a member of the ISHRS and the IAHRS whilst also being recommended by the American hair loss association. Having Dr Bisanga lead your surgery with his unparalleled reputation and expertise is something that you should have great confidence in.

Thanks Ian, 

It's been a very easy and well informed process from the start. It's been a pleasure speaking to you via email. 

I'm very much looking forward to meeting Dr.Bisanga and his team on the day, under going the surgery and attaining my desired hairline.

Also thanks for answering Paddys question regarding technicians. 

1 hour ago, BjornBorg said:

You have a great starting point for a hair transplant. And in the hands of Dr Bisanga... man, I can't wait to see this result.

Thanks Bjorn, Yes I'm also looking forward to the results! Time seems like it's totally slowed down once I confirmed my booking. Eager to get going asap. Don't get me wrong I know I'm in for a slow and steady ride. Also hoping I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't shed too much...fingers crossed!

43 minutes ago, det9925 said:

you dont need an HT yet imo

I suppose everyone's opinion on the topic is totally different . For me, I've thought about this procedure for several years and I know this is the right time. You can only base your decision on your own personal hairloss. Thanks for the confidence boost though det9925

• 1 month later...

On the 2nd of September myself and my friend flew out to Athens for my front temples and hairline reconstruction surgery with Dr.Bisanga. My surgery scheduled on the 3rd of September at 7:45.

As promised by the clinic, a driver was waiting for my arrival in the airport (even though we were 1 hour 30 minutes delayed / late). He then took us straight to our hotel and we checked in.

On the morning of the Surgery at 6:15 I went down to the hotel restaurant where we had breakfast. Avoiding caffeine and drinks high in Vitamin C. I had quite a large breakfast knowing there was a long day ahead. Although the hotel was great, my sleep the night before had suffered. I only managed around 5 hours.

My hotel was only a short 15 minutes walk from the clinic. Arriving at B & C I was greeted very happily from my Athens point of contact Maria. She took me through everything and I signed the necessary paperwork. From that point I went and met Dr.Bisanga's Technician. She took my before photos and handed me my surgery wear.

Once Dr.B arrived, we went off to another room to disscuss the surgery. We also discussed the hairline and any other questions I had. He again was very welcoming, professional and put me at ease straight away. Although it did seemed to be quite rushed as he was a little late on the morning.

During the operation Dr.Bisanga was joined by two fellow surgeons from Israel. They didn't contribute towards the surgery, but were just observing, asking him and myself questions along the way. His knowledge is unquestionable in regards to FUE and it was a pleasure to listen in and contribute to their conversation. Both Dr.Bisanga and the other surgeons were complementing myself on the unlimited donor area / hair quality I seem to possess. For this reason Dr.B evenly punched one side and the rear of my head. He explained the reasons behind this and I was more than happy to agree.

As disscussed with my UK patient advisor Ian, Dr.B completed all graft punches and incisions. Again the other Drs seemed to be in awe of his techniques and quality of work. All things you would love to hear from the mouths other professional surgeons.

Once Dr.B had finished off, his team of technicians from his Belgium clinic began the extractions of all the grafts. This for me was the worst part of the operation. Not because of the extractions, but the body position I had to endure for quite some time. I was face down on the chair, on what can be described a very hard travel pillow with my neck bent up over. I was later told the clinic are in the process of moving to their new premises and this wasn't the usual chair used. I did have to stop for a few seconds every now and then to stretch my jaw and neck.

A this point we stopped for lunch and I was provided with a meal while the technicians sorted my grafts.

After a quick lunch break at around 3.30pm we were back in the surgery room. The final stretch! Placing the grafts in the incision sites. This was the most comfortable part of the procedure for myself. As I was sat conventionally on my back relaxing, while the technicians completed the placements. The two surgeons from Israel popped in from time to time to watch their techniques. Again they were both impressed.

Overall the procedure was great. The lead upto the big day was well organised and communication with my UK patient advisor Ian second to none. Not only Dr.Bisanga, but his team and staff are all clearly professionals.

From the start, I some how had a gut feeling Dr.Bisanga was was the physician for me. After researching on various hairloss forum's, reading reviews, looking at examples / styles of work, I decided he was the surgeon for my desired hairline.

Fingers crossed I've made the correct decision!

Specifics from my procedure :

Punch size - 0.9

Total Graft Count - 2622
1s - 400
2s - 976
3s - 1046
4s - 200

Currently 9 days post operation. The donor area is near on unnoticeable and hairline free of all scabs although slightly red.

Point Blur_Sep122019_155729.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_155826.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_155907.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_155935.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_160018.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_160041.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_160118.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_160305.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_160542.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_160746.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_160941.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_161114.jpg

Point Blur_Sep122019_161816.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lyubo93 said:

Looks amazing! Will follow your progress with.

Day 10 Update. 

A bit of advice needed.

While looking through all the post operation photos and my 9 days post operation photos I noticed two similarities. In both temples its seems like theres a few areas which aren't as densely packed as others. On my left temple - a line type effect. Also on my right - a more of a obvious few patches.

As I haven't hit the shedding phase as of yet I'm wondering if this is the finished density?

Or will this be at all noticeable once grown through? Hopefully I'm just being slightly paranoid about the whole thing and just need some reassurance.

I've attached two photographs, one immediately after the procedure and one from yesterday. 

Any advice appreciated. 

20190913_093354.jpg

20190913_093250.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1085884711_PointBlur_Sep212019_130300.thumb.jpg.eeb7563e0d3f90d26e7c3655ab75e783.jpgDay 18 update. 

Totally random day to update the thread at day 18. It landed on a Saturday, what more can I say.

I'm very happy with the donor area at this very early stage. Near on unnoticeable. I've had various complements off other guys like us on facebook and hairloss forums. 

I'm not looking forward to the dreaded shed stage, it's feeling like it's getting ever closer. 

Still feeling slightly less dense on the right hand side of my head compared to the left. I haven't received any feed back on this thread and very curious to hear other professionals or patients thoughts?

I'm more than confident with my choice of surgeon and always have been from the start. Obviously at such a early stage it's very hard to tell and I have been reassured by my patient advisor that I'm looking good, also if for any reason there was a problem after 12 months Dr.Bisanga would review and touch up if deemed necessary. 

Directly from the front it looks very good in my personal opinion. I'm happy with my new hairline and hoping it permanently sticks with me through the full process....fingers crossed! 

As usual all the photos are taken directly in front of the window, in natural light. 

1952386002_PointBlur_Sep212019_132525.thumb.jpg.a7cb9174e9b514817b32f8b86cde49fc.jpg1952386002_PointBlur_Sep212019_132525.thumb.jpg.a7cb9174e9b514817b32f8b86cde49fc.jpg

Point Blur_Sep212019_130410.jpg

Point Blur_Sep212019_130213.jpg

Point Blur_Sep212019_130055.jpg

Point Blur_Sep212019_125938.jpg

Point Blur_Sep212019_125800.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Week 5 update. 

From week 3 I started noticing a considerable amount of shedding. Lots of hairs falling in the shower and noticable amounts on my V shaped pillow (I've became quite attached to it since the first week). Still a permanent fixture in the bedroom as somehow I've attempted to using it and a bit reluctant to get rid ha! 

Just after week 4 I noticed my shedding phase had appeared to stopped. During and shortly after shedding stopped, I started to see very, very, small hairs appearing through the scalp. 

Could I be growing this early!? 

I have been quite red and have been advised to use bio oil to reduce the redness. Although I've decided against this as and I'm going to try and smile though this ugly ducking phase as naturally as possible.

Here's a few more pictures 

20191008_170223.jpg

20191008_170251.jpg

20191008_170352.jpg

20191008_170425.jpg

20191008_170457.jpg

@jame$

How are you?

Great quality photos and documentation. At five weeks, you have maintained many of your grafts. Experience would suggest that I would still unfortunately expect most of those to shed. Im hoping not for you.

That's one of the best ugly duckling phases I can remember seeing. Mine was far more intense. Still some way to go!

Keep us updated. 

• Like 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, Raphael84 said:

@jame$

How are you?

Great quality photos and documentation. At five weeks, you have maintained many of your grafts. Experience would suggest that I would still unfortunately expect most of those to shed. Im hoping not for you.

That's one of the best ugly duckling phases I can remember seeing. Mine was far more intense. Still some way to go!

Keep us updated. 

@Raphael84

Yes I'm good thanks. Hoping that's it on the shedding front. 6 weeks tomorrow and I look near on the same. Praying that's the lot

Hoping for some hair at Christmas ha! Yes long road ahead, but like everyone in my position I'm hoping for some early acceleration. 

I will frequently update the thread, possibly the 2 month stage. 

• 1 month later...

3 Month Update.

Well it's been three months since my hair transplant with Dr.Dr.Bisanga in Athens. I'm very happy with my progression and feeling a hell of a lot more positive. I suppose everyone goes through the stages of second guessing every little thing. Slight paranoia around something going wrong. 

Pictures taken in the harshest light possible but in natural daylight with my hair slightly altered and angled in certain directions no one at all would give me a second look and think I had a great hairline. 

Still a few areas with very little growth, although I know the fun is just starting!  

If I'd hit this part of the progession by Christmas I would have been very happy... so I'm a month in advance! 20191202_185320.thumb.jpg.a5a0faeb11135eb01a8dcdceac489bac.jpg

Ive been very strict with diet (as usual) so no change there, but also very strict on my daily vitamins. 

MSM

Saw Palmetto 

Biotin

Omega 3

General Multivitamin

Vitamin D

20191202_185341.jpg

20191202_185355.jpg

20191202_185407.jpg

20191202_185422.jpg

20191202_185450.jpg

20191202_185510.jpg

20191202_185524.jpg

20191202_185610.jpg

Looking great at 3 months post op.

Its a great sign of things to come. Im very pleased for you that you can get back to normal every day life without hiding under a cap and that you can feel more comfortable again.

Looking forward to the next months.