3000 Grafts NW3A Eugenix (Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal)

DXB001

Hi All, 

I've been through Day 1 of my 2 day HT with Eugenix.

Dr. Sethi drew the hairline for me, and, I was happy with his proposal. We had a good 15 min chat on life in general, which made me get over the nervousness :)

Photos were taken and then hair trimming was done by Dr. Sethi and he marked out the donor area. He recommended 2000 grafts for the frontal area and 1000 for the crown. 

Dr. Shirish injected the local anaesthesia and PRP. Dr. Bansal made the slits for the crown and most of the frontal area, and, the hair line slits were done by Dr. Sethi. 

There was a break for lunch of around 30mins. After lunch, extraction was done by Dr. Bansal. With their DHT technique, the grafts were being prepared as it was extracted and was planted by their technicians, with Dr. Shirish occasionally overseeing them. 

A total of 1800 grafts have been implanted today. Remaining 1200 to cover one side of the front and the singles for the frontal hair line will be extracted and implanted tomorrow. 

Overall, it has been good so far, with doctors and technicians regularly asking if I was in pain and administering local anaesthesia as and when required. 

I've attached couple of pics of the hairline. I'll post more pics tomorrow once the full HT is complete. Any feedback would be welcome.

IMG-20190727-WA0062-01.jpeg

Edited by DXB001
Update
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DXB001 said:

Hi All, 

I've been through Day 1 of my 2 day HT with Eugenix.

Dr. Sethi drew the hairline for me, and, I was happy with his proposal. We had a good 15 min chat on life in general, which made me get over the nervousness :)

Photos were taken and then hair trimming was done by Dr. Sethi and he marked out the donor area. He recommended 2000 grafts for the frontal area and 1000 for the crown. 

Dr. Shirish injected the local anaesthesia and PRP. Dr. Bansal made the slits for the crown and most of the frontal area, and, the hair line slits were done by Dr. Sethi. 

There was a break for lunch of around 30mins. After lunch, extraction was done by Dr. Bansal. With their DHT technique, the grafts were being prepared as it was extracted and was planted by their technicians, with Dr. Shirish occasionally overseeing them. 

A total of 1800 grafts have been implanted today. Remaining 1200 to cover one side of the front and the singles for the frontal hair line will be extracted and implanted tomorrow. 

Overall, it has been good so far, with doctors and technicians regularly asking if I was in pain and administering local anaesthesia as and when required. 

I've attached couple of pics of the hairline. I'll post more pics tomorrow once the full HT is complete. Any feedback would be welcome.

20190727_202350.jpg

IMG-20190727-WA0062-01.jpeg

Brilliant bud. You finally did it. Hairline looks natural.Look forward to the pictures. All the best for tmw :)

• Like 2

Great natural looking hairline that suits the shape of your face. Thats a great write up of your experience to date and looking forward to hear how everything goes for round 2. 

Were you able to sleep in bed or upright in a chair ?  Any issues ? 

Wishing you all the best for your second day of your HT.

.............Paddy...........

6 hours ago, Kevin20 said:

Great. Just curious as to why didnt they do 3000 grafts in single sitting ? 

Hey Kevin, we started late morning and hence could not get all done in a day

1 hour ago, paddyirishman said:

Great natural looking hairline that suits the shape of your face. Thats a great write up of your experience to date and looking forward to hear how everything goes for round 2. 

Were you able to sleep in bed or upright in a chair ?  Any issues ? 

Wishing you all the best for your second day of your HT.

.............Paddy...........

Hi Paddy, I was not particular about sleeping during the procedure, but I think you could get a few power naps through the process.

No issues during the procedure other than that it's long and just need to be prepared for it.

Congratulations my friend well done. Very clean work indeed. I must admit the hairline looks as natural as it can be at this stage without any hair to see. 

You are over the worst of it now. Please keep us updated on your head washing etc at EUGENIX tomorrow morning.

I hope you gave a great nights sleep.( whether its in the bed or the chair , I wasnt referring to your sleep earlier during the procedure it was back in the room I meant. 😂😃

............All the best...

................Paddy.....

2 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Congratulations my friend well done. Very clean work indeed. I must admit the hairline looks as natural as it can be at this stage without any hair to see. 

You are over the worst of it now. Please keep us updated on your head washing etc at EUGENIX tomorrow morning.

I hope you gave a great nights sleep.( whether its in the bed or the chair , I wasnt referring to your sleep earlier during the procedure it was back in the room I meant. 😂😃

............All the best...

................Paddy.....

Cheers Paddy. 

There is no head wash tomorrow morning mate. They give a saline spray which needs to be sprayed on every two hours. First head wash is at the end of the first week. 

For those who have a keen eye for detail, here are the graft splits :)

Roughly 1000 was used for the crown and 2001 for the front. 

Singles - 400( 200 true singles, 100 double grafts dissected to make 200 singles

Doubles- 1826

Triples-615

Quadraples-160

Total of 6537 hairs

Edited by DXB001
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks for creating a thread, I will be following your progress closely. Please consider creating a patient website as well, it is a great tool for researching and it gets linked to your surgeons profile.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey Paddy, yes, splitting happens in parallel. I would assume those hairs will take a bit longer than the others to be implanted, but, there is no other option really since I had very few singles. 

15 hours ago, DXB001 said:

Cheers Paddy. 

There is no head wash tomorrow morning mate. They give a saline spray which needs to be sprayed on every two hours. First head wash is at the end of the first week. 

Hey Paddy, there was a head clean this morning of the donor area which was done. I wasn't aware of this yesterday. The full heaadwash with shampoo is to be done at home after 7 days. 

42 minutes ago, augustya said:

How many Hair Grafts did you have before the start of the procedure how much did Dr. Sethi say ?

Hey, I was quoted roughly 2000-2500 for the front and 500-1000 for the crown. 

Thanks for the great update with pictures. Lucky you to have lots of double grafts  . There is no reason why you wont have a great result with great density with lots of double grafts.

How was your doner cleaned. ? I presume Antiseptic cream was applied after the cleaning ?  Are you applying a cooling gel ?  Is your doner covered with anything after all is completed ?

...........Thanks again........

............. ...Paddy......

2 hours ago, augustya said:

No I am asking you how many hair grafts in your donor area was available did Dr. Sethi say at the start ?

Hey, 

I was told that I have in excess of 7000 grafts

14 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

Thanks for the great update with pictures. Lucky you to have lots of double grafts  . There is no reason why you wont have a great result with great density with lots of double grafts.

How was your doner cleaned. ? I presume Antiseptic cream was applied after the cleaning ?  Are you applying a cooling gel ?  Is your doner covered with anything after all is completed ?

...........Thanks again........

............. ...Paddy......

Hey Paddy, 

The donor area was cleaned with Betadine solution and they applied fucidine after that. Donor area is left open, but, using one of those caps that's used in the OT, when I'm out of the room.