Jump to content
DXB001

3000 Grafts NW3A Eugenix (Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal)

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

I've been through Day 1 of my 2 day HT with Eugenix.

Dr. Sethi drew the hairline for me, and, I was happy with his proposal. We had a good 15 min chat on life in general, which made me get over the nervousness :)

Photos were taken and then hair trimming was done by Dr. Sethi and he marked out the donor area. He recommended 2000 grafts for the frontal area and 1000 for the crown. 

Dr. Shirish injected the local anaesthesia and PRP. Dr. Bansal made the slits for the crown and most of the frontal area, and, the hair line slits were done by Dr. Sethi. 

There was a break for lunch of around 30mins. After lunch, extraction was done by Dr. Bansal. With their DHT technique, the grafts were being prepared as it was extracted and was planted by their technicians, with Dr. Shirish occasionally overseeing them. 

A total of 1800 grafts have been implanted today. Remaining 1200 to cover one side of the front and the singles for the frontal hair line will be extracted and implanted tomorrow. 

Overall, it has been good so far, with doctors and technicians regularly asking if I was in pain and administering local anaesthesia as and when required. 

I've attached couple of pics of the hairline. I'll post more pics tomorrow once the full HT is complete. Any feedback would be welcome.

 

 

IMG-20190727-WA0062-01.jpeg

Edited by DXB001
Update
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DXB001 said:

Hi All, 

I've been through Day 1 of my 2 day HT with Eugenix.

Dr. Sethi drew the hairline for me, and, I was happy with his proposal. We had a good 15 min chat on life in general, which made me get over the nervousness :)

Photos were taken and then hair trimming was done by Dr. Sethi and he marked out the donor area. He recommended 2000 grafts for the frontal area and 1000 for the crown. 

Dr. Shirish injected the local anaesthesia and PRP. Dr. Bansal made the slits for the crown and most of the frontal area, and, the hair line slits were done by Dr. Sethi. 

There was a break for lunch of around 30mins. After lunch, extraction was done by Dr. Bansal. With their DHT technique, the grafts were being prepared as it was extracted and was planted by their technicians, with Dr. Shirish occasionally overseeing them. 

A total of 1800 grafts have been implanted today. Remaining 1200 to cover one side of the front and the singles for the frontal hair line will be extracted and implanted tomorrow. 

Overall, it has been good so far, with doctors and technicians regularly asking if I was in pain and administering local anaesthesia as and when required. 

I've attached couple of pics of the hairline. I'll post more pics tomorrow once the full HT is complete. Any feedback would be welcome.

 

20190727_202350.jpg

IMG-20190727-WA0062-01.jpeg

Brilliant bud. You finally did it. Hairline looks natural.Look forward to the pictures. All the best for tmw :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great natural looking hairline that suits the shape of your face. Thats a great write up of your experience to date and looking forward to hear how everything goes for round 2. 

Were you able to sleep in bed or upright in a chair ?  Any issues ? 

Wishing you all the best for your second day of your HT.

.............Paddy...........

...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kevin20 said:

Great. Just curious as to why didnt they do 3000 grafts in single sitting ? 

Hey Kevin, we started late morning and hence could not get all done in a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paddyirishman said:

Great natural looking hairline that suits the shape of your face. Thats a great write up of your experience to date and looking forward to hear how everything goes for round 2. 

Were you able to sleep in bed or upright in a chair ?  Any issues ? 

Wishing you all the best for your second day of your HT.

.............Paddy...........

...

Hi Paddy, I was not particular about sleeping during the procedure, but I think you could get a few power naps through the process.

No issues during the procedure other than that it's long and just need to be prepared for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, 

My HT is now complete, please find the pic below. I'll upload further pics once I get them. 

In the mean time, any feedback, questions are welcome. 

IMG-20190727-WA0062-01.jpeg

20190728_154306.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DXB001 said:

Hi All, 

My HT is now complete, please find the pic below. I'll upload further pics once I get them. 

In the mean time, any feedback, questions are welcome. 

IMG-20190727-WA0062-01.jpeg

20190728_154306.jpg

Brilliant mate😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations my friend well done. Very clean work indeed. I must admit the hairline looks as natural as it can be at this stage without any hair to see. 

You are over the worst of it now. Please keep us updated on your head washing etc at EUGENIX tomorrow morning.

I hope you gave a great nights sleep.( whether its in the bed or the chair , I wasnt referring to your sleep earlier during the procedure it was back in the room I meant. 😂😃

............All the best...

................Paddy.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

Brilliant mate😊

Hi buddy 

 

Very well done by Eugenix Team.

Keep well. Tc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Congratulations my friend well done. Very clean work indeed. I must admit the hairline looks as natural as it can be at this stage without any hair to see. 

You are over the worst of it now. Please keep us updated on your head washing etc at EUGENIX tomorrow morning.

I hope you gave a great nights sleep.( whether its in the bed or the chair , I wasnt referring to your sleep earlier during the procedure it was back in the room I meant. 😂😃

............All the best...

................Paddy.....

 

Cheers Paddy. 

There is no head wash tomorrow morning mate. They give a saline spray which needs to be sprayed on every two hours. First head wash is at the end of the first week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who have a keen eye for detail, here are the graft splits :)

Roughly 1000 was used for the crown and 2001 for the front. 

Singles - 400( 200 true singles, 100 double grafts dissected to make 200 singles

Doubles- 1826

Triples-615

Quadraples-160

Total of 6537 hairs

Edited by DXB001
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for creating a thread, I will be following your progress closely. Please consider creating a patient website as well, it is a great tool for researching and it gets linked to your surgeons profile.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Is the DHT procedure still carried out when there is splitting of 100 double grafts to 200 singles ? How is it done ?

Hope your doing well.   

....... Paddy.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Paddy, yes, splitting happens in parallel. I would assume those hairs will take a bit longer than the others to be implanted, but, there is no other option really since I had very few singles. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DXB001 said:

Cheers Paddy. 

There is no head wash tomorrow morning mate. They give a saline spray which needs to be sprayed on every two hours. First head wash is at the end of the first week. 

Hey Paddy, there was a head clean this morning of the donor area which was done. I wasn't aware of this yesterday. The full heaadwash with shampoo is to be done at home after 7 days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, 

 

Below are pics taken by Eugenix, immediately after the HT procedure. 

20190729_131323.jpg

IMG-20190728-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20190728-WA0047.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DXB001 said:

Hi All, 

 

Below are pics taken by Eugenix, immediately after the HT procedure. 

20190729_131323.jpg

IMG-20190728-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20190728-WA0047.jpg

Thanks for sharing this bud. Wish you a speedy recovery of the donor and growth for the transplanted hair :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many Hair Grafts did you have before the start of the procedure how much did Dr. Sethi say ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, augustya said:

How many Hair Grafts did you have before the start of the procedure how much did Dr. Sethi say ?

Hey, I was quoted roughly 2000-2500 for the front and 500-1000 for the crown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DXB001 said:

Hey, I was quoted roughly 2000-2500 for the front and 500-1000 for the crown. 

No I am asking you how many hair grafts in your donor area was available did Dr. Sethi say at the start ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great update with pictures. Lucky you to have lots of double grafts  . There is no reason why you wont have a great result with great density with lots of double grafts.

How was your doner cleaned. ? I presume Antiseptic cream was applied after the cleaning ?  Are you applying a cooling gel ?  Is your doner covered with anything after all is completed ?

...........Thanks again........

............. ...Paddy......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, augustya said:

No I am asking you how many hair grafts in your donor area was available did Dr. Sethi say at the start ?

Hey, 

I was told that I have in excess of 7000 grafts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

Thanks for the great update with pictures. Lucky you to have lots of double grafts  . There is no reason why you wont have a great result with great density with lots of double grafts.

How was your doner cleaned. ? I presume Antiseptic cream was applied after the cleaning ?  Are you applying a cooling gel ?  Is your doner covered with anything after all is completed ?

...........Thanks again........

............. ...Paddy......

Hey Paddy, 

The donor area was cleaned with Betadine solution and they applied fucidine after that. Donor area is left open, but, using one of those caps that's used in the OT, when I'm out of the room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×