Do You Know About Patient Websites?

Do You Know What Patient Websites Are?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

How many of you know about our patient websites and blogs? When I was researching surgeons I would spend a lot of time looking up the blogs. However, I fear most of you don't even know what a patient website is, so I would love to hear the communities input.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I actually created one years ago to keep track of my healthcare information.  Large clinics will actually help, if you ask, so that you have access to your chart, the meds you take, record of visits.  In the end it helps to reduce healthcare costs.

This, as it pertains to hair restoration, I would imagine it has to do more with the patient's overall experience with a particular entity.  These tend to be nagative in nature and it's actually the clinic's worse nightmare.  They are there for others to see immediately as soon as anyone starts researching.  Lots out there.

I believe blogs, and there are tons out there, share the experience of an individual in whatever task they are involved in.  These are typically positive in nature.  Hair restoration wise, a company could ask you to share your story.  Far different than just provide feedback on Yelp, for example.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LaserCap said:

I actually created one years ago to keep track of my healthcare information.  Large clinics will actually help, if you ask, so that you have access to your chart, the meds you take, record of visits.  In the end it helps to reduce healthcare costs.

This, as it pertains to hair restoration, I would imagine it has to do more with the patient's overall experience with a particular entity.  These tend to be nagative in nature and it's actually the clinic's worse nightmare.  They are there for others to see immediately as soon as anyone starts researching.  Lots out there.

I believe blogs, and there are tons out there, share the experience of an individual in whatever task they are involved in.  These are typically positive in nature.  Hair restoration wise, a company could ask you to share your story.  Far different than just provide feedback on Yelp, for example.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Patient websites are blogs that allow you to track your progress. It’s like a thread, except you don’t have to sift through pages and pages to see the results. Just like threads they can be positive or negative depending on the results. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, ndubya said:

I tried to create an account, unsuccessfully.

Would be nice if we could just look around over there while logged in here.

How long ago was this? Can you log in now?

View my thread

Its not a great set up. It should all be on the same page. The links being  on the left are fairly annoying.

Edited by Shifty

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

13 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How long ago was this? Can you log in now?

Hey Melvin, btw I appreciate everything you do for us.

No sir I cannot log in. I have an account on hair restoration network, but can't access the blogs??

• Administrators
18 hours ago, ndubya said:

Hey Melvin, btw I appreciate everything you do for us.

No sir I cannot log in. I have an account on hair restoration network, but can't access the blogs??

Sent you a PM, i'll get this sorted out. I would love to see patient websites become popular because they really are a great tool for researching. I personally found them easier then sifting through threads.

View my thread

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, s14a said:

Is this service only for patients of the doctors who sponsor the site to be 'recommended'?

No, not at all. Everyone is free to use the site for any surgeon regardless. 

View my thread