2700 graft FUT by Dr Bloxham in Great Neck, NY

Mike V

45 minutes ago, baldiee said:

Man you are super lucky that you have great donor hair! You can get as many hair transplants as you possibly need 😂

Also when did you get full sensation back to your scalp after the first procedure? When did the numbness to the scar and graft recipient area go away completely? 

Thank you man! I’m pumped.

funny you ask- the pain lasts one day but the numbness takes so much time. I’d say a couple of months but the scalp area takes even longer where the scar it because he injects more fluids there. I have an itch sometimes and can’t even itch it!! 

lol

@MikeVthat looks amazing. Im having a consultation with him this Friday. I am curious about the hairline procedure you have done. What is your perspective on your hairline as the years go on since transplanted hairs stay in place? Would it look weird in your 50s+?

56 minutes ago, cloudyhaze said:

@MikeVthat looks amazing. Im having a consultation with him this Friday. I am curious about the hairline procedure you have done. What is your perspective on your hairline as the years go on since transplanted hairs stay in place? Would it look weird in your 50s+?

He’s great! Goodluck. Absolutely, the hairline will age great...i basically brought the corners down about a half an inch. It’s me just being super anal and specific/picky, it’s still a more conservative hairline but fits my face perfectly and a little straighter now. 

I’ll post update photos once the swelling subsides and I wash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Falconary said:

Really good result :D Did you do scalp elasticity exercises before the FUT? And regarding the second transplant, did he take the 2'nd strip below or above the first strip?

I really didn’t do much exercises before the 2nd FUT- I think the first time I did more. I sorta forget this round but it all went well...he took out the old scar and got the strip from the same area- so they’ll be one scar still - which is great. It looks like it closed up really well. I’ll upload photos once the staples are removed.

20 minutes ago, Mike V said:

I really didn’t do much exercises before the 2nd FUT- I think the first time I did more. I sorta forget this round but it all went well...he took out the old scar and got the strip from the same area- so they’ll be one scar still - which is great. It looks like it closed up really well. I’ll upload photos once the staples are removed.

Wow first time I've heard of this metod of removing the old scar and taking 2nd strip from same area. How long did you do the exercises?

15 minutes ago, Falconary said:

Wow first time I've heard of this metod of removing the old scar and taking 2nd strip from same area. How long did you do the exercises?

Yeah he took the old scar out. I’m curious to see how it heals up but so far it looks awesome. Basically identical to the original scar (which was very small)

I did the exercises a few days b4 the procedure and random points throughout the day. 

On 12/18/2020 at 8:29 AM, Falconary said:

most repeat FUT's are done this way so you dont have multiple scars

• Like 1

@Mike V that looks amazing! Just saw some older comments on this post so I had two questions.

1. Why type of scalp elasticity massages did you do before your first FUT? Was that recommended by the doctor?
2. When you say he took out the old scar and got the strip from the same area, does that mean he cut open the scar and got follicles underneath it? 

6 hours ago, cloudyhaze said:

@Mike V that looks amazing! Just saw some older comments on this post so I had two questions.

1. Why type of scalp elasticity massages did you do before your first FUT? Was that recommended by the doctor?
2. When you say he took out the old scar and got the strip from the same area, does that mean he cut open the scar and got follicles underneath it? 

Quite honestly, I barely did any massages before the treatments. The first one I massage the donor area a little bit.

yep he cut the old scar out and took the strip from either above or under the old spot. 

• Moderators

Looks like a very good scar so far.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 8:15 PM, Mike V said:

Hello All!

I spent winter of 2018/19 searching for the perfect hair transplant doctor. I am 25 years old and wanted to take care of my hair before it got too bad where it would be even more noticeable. During my shopping around, I came across Dr. Bloxhams practice. I knew very little about the procedures such as FUT and FUE. After leaving his office, I felt so comfortable. The honesty and knowledge he had was incredible. Dr. Bloxham makes sure that his hair transplants look good, not only a year after, but 20 years after surgery. I absolutely recommend Fellar and Bloxham Medical in Great Neck, NY. I have a link attached with photos from before surgery all the way to month 4. I am ONLY 4 months in and the growth so far is beyond incredible. I keep my sides short and you cannot see my scar at all. I will update this thread at month 5 and 6 for anyone interested. 

Dr. Bloxham- Thank you and your staff again for doing a wonderful job and being so honest. This process was seamless. 

Any questions- feel free to comment. 

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#03hc1Yq8w1ffGQSqifAscSmlA

-Mike 

Hey Mike, I got 3,000 fut with doc Bloxham November 18,2020. Almost at the 2 month mark now. Did you start seeing throw at the beginning for month 4?

3 hours ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

Hey Mike, I got 3,000 fut with doc Bloxham November 18,2020. Almost at the 2 month mark now. Did you start seeing throw at the beginning for month 4?

I started seeing little growth by month 3. Youre still a little early! But itll be worth the wait. Best of luck with your growth. 

• 1 month later...

2 month update:

Hey guys. Officially 2 months since my 2nd procedure with Dr. Bloxham -

I am so anxious for the new hair to start growing but also I am amazed at how nicely my 1st procedure hair has grown in. I never really got to see the growth from a buzz cut so here are a few photos. You can see where the new hairline will be in the photo of me lifting my hair up in the front. I am super excited for this straighter hairline with closed in corners. 

also attached a photo taken directly after a haircut. My buddy is a barber and does a really good job of keeping the fade under the scar. Mind you, I still have some shock loss in the scar area.

- Mike

8C7D46FC-019C-4B49-B63B-2F1F1F7F822A.jpeg

93683B21-3B37-4476-ABAF-6B77C5C0FECA.jpeg

92C96C46-5BC3-4B0A-8A8B-CF9ECCEBEA05.jpeg

8999019C-0FEA-47F1-97B1-2DD845648E9B.jpeg

21E9337E-3758-4E41-87EB-4D12432F170B.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Mike V said:

2 month update:

Hey guys. Officially 2 months since my 2nd procedure with Dr. Bloxham -

I am so anxious for the new hair to start growing but also I am amazed at how nicely my 1st procedure hair has grown in. I never really got to see the growth from a buzz cut so here are a few photos. You can see where the new hairline will be in the photo of me lifting my hair up in the front. I am super excited for this straighter hairline with closed in corners. 

also attached a photo taken directly after a haircut. My buddy is a barber and does a really good job of keeping the fade under the scar. Mind you, I still have some shock loss in the scar area.

- Mike

8C7D46FC-019C-4B49-B63B-2F1F1F7F822A.jpeg

93683B21-3B37-4476-ABAF-6B77C5C0FECA.jpeg

92C96C46-5BC3-4B0A-8A8B-CF9ECCEBEA05.jpeg

8999019C-0FEA-47F1-97B1-2DD845648E9B.jpeg

21E9337E-3758-4E41-87EB-4D12432F170B.jpeg

image.jpg

Looking good Mike, you got thick hair. Are you Sicilian? You have that Mediterranean thick hair. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Mike V said:

Hahah you nailed it. Italian (Sicilian) and 25% Lebanese 

Yea you’ve been blessed with Mediterranean hair. Really excited to see your results 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.