2700 graft FUT by Dr Bloxham in Great Neck, NY

Mike V

Just now, Gasthoerer said:

Wow, this is a great result. I understand hair greed as I suffer from it myself, but I really wonder where you want to fit 1800 FU? Do you have pics with the new design drawn?

I laughed so hard reading this, as I had exactly the same look from Jake as goal. Unfortunately my hair on the side donor is so thick and poorly angled: In this length even with the strongest styling options it sticks straight up. Then my head is wider than it is high^^ Had to shave it down...

I just added some photos!

also- look into a keratin treatment. Makes the hair much more easier to manage 

8 minutes ago, Mike V said:

I attached some photos. First surgery really covered the bulk of my thinning..second should get my hairline to exactly where I want 

The 2 pictures with lines drawn are my hair completely pushed back (I don’t style it that way right now)

you can see what I’m really going for with the new lines- I’m basically keeping the center line and just giving it a straighter hairline by lowering the corners 

(The lines are roughly drawn in by me-Dr Bloxham will make the official decision day of surgery)  

47C5098F-75A1-4C0A-A7A3-65918C1F09E9.jpeg

DF15812D-CF62-4BAA-9C3B-B5E3810D4D16.jpeg

0E02C972-E109-48DD-BFB5-F1FF4C415EA8.jpeg

I totally get it. I was is a similar boat about wearing the hair straight back. Especially with product in  your hair. When you hair clumps together like almost not washing your hair for a few days, it can look thinner. Now that’s all I do wear my hair pushed back even with the sun shining in my hairline I feel comfortable. So go for it!

https://imgur.com/a/ZNnYvc0

2 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

I totally get it. I was is a similar boat about wearing the hair straight back. Especially with product in  your hair. When you hair clumps together like almost not washing your hair for a few days, it can look thinner. Now that’s all I do wear my hair pushed back even with the sun shining in my hairline I feel comfortable. So go for it!

https://imgur.com/a/ZNnYvc0

Amazing! Looks great. How many procedures did you get done? 

1 minute ago, Mike V said:

Amazing! Looks great. How many procedures did you get done? 

Total 3, but I had some bad crown issues that got me back in the chair the 3rd time and we cleaned up the front while I was there.  So happy I went for the 3rd. Now I am totally fue which I know bloxham would absolutely not recommend but hey, I turned out fine! ....and trust me I was pretty much bald in front. My hairline began past my ears before! 😂 

1 minute ago, Guy73 said:

Total 3, but I had some bad crown issues that got me back in the chair the 3rd time and we cleaned up the front while I was there.  So happy I went for the 3rd. Now I am totally fue which I know bloxham would absolutely not recommend but hey, I turned out fine! ....and trust me I was pretty much bald in front. My hairline began past my ears before! 😂 

WOW! You look great. Just checked out your thread. 

hey if anybody thinks I’m crazy I just tell them sunk cost fallacy. I invested a lot of money and I don’t mind spending more to get the exact result I want. I feel like it’s almost wasted money otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Mike V said:

WOW! You look great. Just checked out your thread. 

hey if anybody thinks I’m crazy I just tell them sunk cost fallacy. I invested a lot of money and I don’t mind spending more to get the exact result I want. I feel like it’s almost wasted money otherwise. 

Absolutely! I am not even sure I have 10k in my hair? Actually I know I don’t!😂I probably broke all the rules if I listen to many YouTube videos. I am very happy! 

20 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Wow! Hair looks great man!...from the Sept Pics it looks like a Christian Slater from the 90’s vibe as well, Ha! ;) 
Nicely done by Dr Bloxham. 

And wow, already getting a 2nd, hair greed is most deff real...good luck!

Thank you! I’m excited. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2020 at 6:20 AM, Mike V said:

UPDATE:

HAIR GREED IS A THING. 

I just booked my second surgery with Dr. Bloxham for December 15th. 

surgery plan is to lower my corners/straighten my hairline and densely pack 1800 grafts in that area. I’m super excited..the goal is to really be able to push back my hair and feel 100% comfortable doing so.

stay tuned for updates !

Hello!

Procedure 2 is done. This was a smaller case of about 1800 grafts really densely packed. 

The goal was to lower the corners and straighten/thicken the hairline for the slick back look im trying to achieve.

i attached some photos. Look closely at the side by side - left photo was post my first operation and right photo was yesterday’s post op picture

3A2B602F-4EE1-47D6-9E4F-B94B9EF58AF9.jpeg

F6CA17C7-7BE0-487C-A4E8-FFAC33894B04.jpeg

049C11A4-5056-49E7-A0E6-EBEAC43930ED.jpeg

EF037F59-6D22-4559-A1ED-DE98B9F3AF8D.jpeg

4A66EB7A-D128-4DEF-BA4D-97F1ED828AA0.jpeg

00A18390-4568-4B9F-B2BE-6A00D546F611.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

looks great. thats a dream hairline. it will be interesting to see your results this time around from the same Dr.

I cant wait for mine to grow from Dr. B.

good luck!

Thank you!! I’m super excited. Glad I went through with it 

25 minutes ago, New Hair NYC said:

Your original HT post was the one that helped me solidfy Bloxham as my choice for my surgery, so I can't wait to see how this second procedure goes for you! Best of luck as you recover 😊

Thank you! Did you get your HT done yet?

• Administrators

Wow you went even lower, this is gonbe exciting 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow you went even lower, this is gonbe exciting 👏🏼

Oh yes I did !! I basically kept the middle point the same and brought the corners down. Still a light curve bc that’s what my forehead/shape of head calls for but it’ll be much straighter as you can tell already 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, New Hair NYC said:

Yepp, 2665 FUT just over three weeks ago -- lots of shedding so just waiting for it to all slowly come back in!

Amazing dude and you have such great hair I can tell. It’s going to look incredible 

Congrats Mike, very good one.

Question: You are very young. What if you start loosing from top and vertex? Do you have enough left in the donor? Did the doctor mention anything about your future progress and plans?

34 minutes ago, Kaya said:

Congrats Mike, very good one.

Question: You are very young. What if you start loosing from top and vertex? Do you have enough left in the donor? Did the doctor mention anything about your future progress and plans?

Hey man,

Doc was confident that I can do this second procedure and if I continue to thin I’ll still have plenty of donor left to hit the top/scalp area 

Man you are super lucky that you have great donor hair! You can get as many hair transplants as you possibly need 😂

Also when did you get full sensation back to your scalp after the first procedure? When did the numbness to the scar and graft recipient area go away completely? 

Edited by baldiee