2700 graft FUT by Dr Bloxham in Great Neck, NY

Mike V

Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been slacking on updating this thread. 

I am officially 12 months post-op and the results are quite incredible. I haven’t been able to get to Dr. Bloxham’s office for 12 month photos due to this coronavirus pandemic but I have a few I took myself.

6C373EE0-6DDE-49AD-8DC3-BFD104297967.jpeg

ACE8E99E-4705-43D2-B59D-A2DE4FAD5318.jpeg

ADBA249B-1132-411B-B2F8-CF70A523A662.jpeg

I praying I get the same results as yours lol.

hows the scar?

1 hour ago, Tbcruz said:

I praying I get the same results as yours lol.

hows the scar?

you’ll get the same result! When’s surgery?

Scar is very tiny. Some shock hair loss around the scar but it’s getting better...I have my barber do a low fade with a 2 blended up and it works out perfectly. 

I had mine feb 4th you can see my link with my progress in my signature.

My scar looks good so far. It’s just this red line that I have. Once that redness goes away I’ll be happy. Your hair cut looks good. Did you tel your barber about it ? 

10 hours ago, Mike V said:

Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been slacking on updating this thread. 

I am officially 12 months post-op and the results are quite incredible. I haven’t been able to get to Dr. Bloxham’s office for 12 month photos due to this coronavirus pandemic but I have a few I took myself.

6C373EE0-6DDE-49AD-8DC3-BFD104297967.jpeg

ACE8E99E-4705-43D2-B59D-A2DE4FAD5318.jpeg

ADBA249B-1132-411B-B2F8-CF70A523A662.jpeg

Looks good brotha!

Edited by Guy73

On 4/1/2020 at 11:41 AM, Tbcruz said:

I had mine feb 4th you can see my link with my progress in my signature.

My scar looks good so far. It’s just this red line that I have. Once that redness goes away I’ll be happy. Your hair cut looks good. Did you tel your barber about it ? 

Yes my barber is currently a good friend of mine...regardless of who your barber is, be open about it! Don’t have any shame. Make sure they know so that the haircut is done correctly.

5 minutes ago, Mike V said:

Yes my barber is currently a good friend of mine...regardless of who your barber is, be open about it! Don’t have any shame. Make sure they know so that the haircut is done correctly.

I have no problem telling people, but I want to wait til I have something to brag about first lol. Even if Dr. Bloxham wants to show my face in a video I wouldn’t mind as long as I’m happy with my results.

The reason I asked you was because I was just curious. 

Looking good man, I had a procedure of 1500 grafts with Bloxham on the 13 of this month. The scar isn’t too bad. My thread link is below

• 5 months later...

Long overdue for an update:

my hair texture is very hard to manage so I was having trouble letting my hair grow long. I recently decided to try a keratin treatment and the results were outstanding! Going forward I am changing my style and putting this new hair to work. I’m going to let my hair grow out more..I attached some photos of an update - look how amazing the frontal sense packed band looks done by Dr Bloxham

8EE9C1A7-806C-477B-A11F-A264E57DDF0B.png

3C086BFE-3062-4F7B-B73C-9CDAC0AC4B37.png

91D27C23-D331-4EED-82EB-02DD61021E65.png

D982E55E-7775-454C-A9DC-87446D4B3350.jpeg

• Administrators

You look tremendous Mike! How short do you cut the sides? It looks pretty short for FUT.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You look tremendous Mike! How short do you cut the sides? It looks pretty short for FUT.

That was a low 2 Blended up originally...I’m letting my hair grow out now though  

I’m going for this look 

133A3BD7-39EB-451A-88BC-632FD09F4F01.png

9 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

hair looks phenomenal man. congrats!

when you say your hair texture was hard to manage at longer lengths, was it always that way (even before your HT)? 

Yes! Very Frizzy and nappy. My mom has the same issue- she gets a keratin Treatment done twice a year 

• Like 1

An enviable result and even with my trained eye I would not be able to detect a transplant.  Good call with FUT with Dr. Bloxham.  Congrats!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Mike V said:

That was a low 2 Blended up originally...I’m letting my hair grow out now though  

I’m going for this look 

133A3BD7-39EB-451A-88BC-632FD09F4F01.png

You got the Gylenhaal hairline already haha. Can you see the scar? It looks invisible. Dr. Bloxham hit this one outta the park.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

48 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You got the Gylenhaal hairline already haha. Can you see the scar? It looks invisible. Dr. Bloxham hit this one outta the park.

Haha thank you! Scar is invisible. He did a great job 

These results are top notch! I'm also envious of your ability to properly style your hair, which is something I will forever struggle with. Lol. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Moderators

I like the new look with a bit of length on the sides better than the shaved sides look. I never liked the look of having a lot of hair on top and shaving the sides.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2020 at 6:18 PM, pkipling said:

These results are top notch! I'm also envious of your ability to properly style your hair, which is something I will forever struggle with. Lol. 

I wish I could take credit! Those most recent photos for right after I went to my buddy’s salon. He’s a professional 

UPDATE:

HAIR GREED IS A THING. 

I just booked my second surgery with Dr. Bloxham for December 15th. 

surgery plan is to lower my corners/straighten my hairline and densely pack 1800 grafts in that area. I’m super excited..the goal is to really be able to push back my hair and feel 100% comfortable doing so.

stay tuned for updates !

53 minutes ago, Mike V said:

UPDATE:

HAIR GREED IS A THING. 

I just booked my second surgery with Dr. Bloxham for December 15th. 

surgery plan is to lower my corners/straighten my hairline and densely pack 1800 grafts in that area. I’m super excited..the goal is to really be able to push back my hair and feel 100% comfortable doing so.

stay tuned for updates !

Wow! Your hairline looks great! You have any bad pictures your not showing? Lol , can’t imagine that being much lower unless your going for the  John f Kennedy’s 👀 look. And density should be fine pushing that straight back in current form? 

Just now, Guy73 said:

Wow! Your hairline looks great! You have any bad pictures your not showing? Lol , can’t imagine that being much lower unless your going for the  John f Kennedy’s 👀 look. And density should be fine pushing that straight back in current form? 

The way I style it currently is fine but if I gel it back the hairline is more curved...I’m really trying to go for the straighter look- in order to do that he needs to lower the corners and re pack the whole frontal band.

I attached some photos. First surgery really covered the bulk of my thinning..second should get my hairline to exactly where I want 

The 2 pictures with lines drawn are my hair completely pushed back (I don’t style it that way right now)

you can see what I’m really going for with the new lines- I’m basically keeping the center line and just giving it a straighter hairline by lowering the corners 

(The lines are roughly drawn in by me-Dr Bloxham will make the official decision day of surgery)  

47C5098F-75A1-4C0A-A7A3-65918C1F09E9.jpeg

DF15812D-CF62-4BAA-9C3B-B5E3810D4D16.jpeg

0E02C972-E109-48DD-BFB5-F1FF4C415EA8.jpeg

Wow, this is a great result. I understand hair greed as I suffer from it myself, but I really wonder where you want to fit 1800 FU? Do you have pics with the new design drawn?

On 9/17/2020 at 3:41 PM, Mike V said:

I’m going for this look 

I laughed so hard reading this, as I had exactly the same look from Jake as goal. Unfortunately my hair on the side donor is so thick and poorly angled: In this length even with the strongest styling options it sticks straight up. Then my head is wider than it is high^^ Had to shave it down...

EDIT: you were quicker than me 🙂

Edited by Gasthoerer