2700 graft FUT by Dr Bloxham in Great Neck, NY

Mike V

Hello All!

I spent winter of 2018/19 searching for the perfect hair transplant doctor. I am 25 years old and wanted to take care of my hair before it got too bad where it would be even more noticeable. During my shopping around, I came across Dr. Bloxhams practice. I knew very little about the procedures such as FUT and FUE. After leaving his office, I felt so comfortable. The honesty and knowledge he had was incredible. Dr. Bloxham makes sure that his hair transplants look good, not only a year after, but 20 years after surgery. I absolutely recommend Fellar and Bloxham Medical in Great Neck, NY. I have a link attached with photos from before surgery all the way to month 4. I am ONLY 4 months in and the growth so far is beyond incredible. I keep my sides short and you cannot see my scar at all. I will update this thread at month 5 and 6 for anyone interested. 

Dr. Bloxham- Thank you and your staff again for doing a wonderful job and being so honest. This process was seamless. 

Any questions- feel free to comment. 

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#03hc1Yq8w1ffGQSqifAscSmlA

-Mike 

Yea please do I’m debating wether to get my next procedure by him. Not because of his results because they are amazing but because of the scar 

12 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Yea please do I’m debating wether to get my next procedure by him. Not because of his results because they are amazing but because of the scar 

Hey! There is no question, Dr Bloxham is the guy. I’ll upload some photos of the scar this week so you can see. It is so minuscule and already healing incredibly well. 

You seem like you've managed to cut your hair pretty damn short at only month four despite going the FUT route. Looks like you're going to have an amazing scar, and with such great early growth on top of that...you have to be getting a lot of comments.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

You seem like you've managed to cut your hair pretty damn short at only month four despite going the FUT route. Looks like you're going to have an amazing scar, and with such great early growth on top of that...you have to be getting a lot of comments.

Ive always done a lower fade and can continue to do it because the scar is healing incredibly well. Thankful I found the right doctor. Early growth is great! I’m super excited to start using the new hair for styling it in the next couple months 

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Mike V said:

Update: 5 months. Density is probably at 30-40%. Length of new hair approx. 1 inch. Excited to see what’s to come in the next few months. 

9B31D992-20AE-4617-8B44-98535DE9E734.jpeg

18734F51-726D-419D-83FB-4C032976C04C.jpeg

Looks good mike,

any pics of the scar by any chance 

On 8/17/2019 at 9:10 AM, Tbcruz said:

Looks good mike,

any pics of the scar by any chance 

Hard to take photos myself but here it is. Absolutely amazing how it’s healing. Only 5 months.

75209BC9-A321-40ED-ABEC-4DFC37D8C387.jpeg

69C77255-BEB1-4775-80D0-8580D49E85CF.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great progress Mike,

Thoroughly impressed by Dr. Bloxham’s work! I hope you’ll consider creating a patient website.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Wow. bloxham's FUT scars are top 5%. He makes me want to go to medical school and become a HT doc as well

Congrats man .. looks awesome even at this early stage. you must be over the moon. 

Couldnt be happier with the result. He did a phenomenal job 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

looks amazing man. how long does the scar go across the back of your head? ear to ear? a little less? is it right above your fade?

Ear to ear.

The scar follows the shape of the fade...it’s about an inch above the fade so it’s higher on the sides then dips in the back a little  

• Thanks 1

Here’s a couple pictures from a few months ago.

1st photo is about a month after surgery when all the new hair fell out...The second photo is the day after I got the staples removed. Easier to see how clean the incision line is when my hair was buzzed short. 

06751A4D-E158-434B-A4BB-09F95458D78F.png

172858D2-E7E1-4503-A549-5AC2207A0921.png

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is an excellent example of why I'm still in favor of FUT over FUE.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Damn. That is one of the best surgical scars I've ever seen. Even such a short time after your procedure and having your hair so short it doesn't look very "angry" at all.

I appreciate that! Beyond grateful to have chosen Dr Bloxham and his staff for making my hair transplant procedure a breeze. 

• 1 month later...

6.5 month update! I’ve been cutting the top so that it grows in even. The transplants were growing a little slower then my old hair...I think I am going to let the top grow now for the next couple months 

BA262AC9-E453-40AF-BC32-39ECB99AEFD8.jpeg

BF8ACAAE-D300-4F83-AB34-94BB0CF26EAF.jpeg

7534E1FB-2F1F-4BB0-830D-8139D6024543.jpeg