Niz, Min, Fin... any new clinically proven kids on the block?

Hey guys!  Haven't checked in on "the scene" in a number of years.  I remember of course from back in the day there were only three tried and true, clinically-proven solutions and of course you all know what they are!

I use Nizoral religiously and have been for years- stopped my hair loss dead in its tracks.

Minoxidil gives me atrocious headaches, can't do it.

Finasteride has too many potential side effects for me to take.  (Personal choice, not worth debating.)

I was wondering if in my absence anything else has come around with the same levels of proven efficacy.  Obviously the nets are full of hokum and snake oil, and I have no interest in burning 3-6 months trying the latest and (not so) greatest fake reviews on Amazon are trying to sell me.

Thanks so much all!

On 7/23/2019 at 3:51 AM, BigBrother said:

Hey guys!  Haven't checked in on "the scene" in a number of years.  I remember of course from back in the day there were only three tried and true, clinically-proven solutions and of course you all know what they are!

I use Nizoral religiously and have been for years- stopped my hair loss dead in its tracks.

Finasteride has too many potential side effects for me to take.  (Personal choice, not worth debating.)

I was wondering if in my absence anything else has come around with the same levels of proven efficacy.  Obviously the nets are full of hokum and snake oil, and I have no interest in burning 3-6 months trying the latest and (not so) greatest fake reviews on Amazon are trying to sell me.

Thanks so much all!

Might want to check out Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) It has helped patients with hair loss slow the process down and improve the overall health of the hair. However, as with any of the non surgical hair loss treatments it has positive effects on some patients and has very little effect on others. 

There really hasn't been much of interest treatment-wise in a long, long time. Cutting edge inevitably faces a trade off with 'clinically proven' and snake oil salesmen rush in to fill the void.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mikey1970 said:

There is a thread going on here atm with a guy who is having incredible results with the big 3 and micro needling!  His results are smashing the ball out of the park - definitely worth a read.

Hey Mikey,

Could you share the link?

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:51 AM, BigBrother said:

Thanks so much all!

PRP and Laser therapy......

I also read something recently about cell based therapy......We'll just have to wait

Not really....yet.  If I were you, though, I'd keep my eye on Histogen, RCH-01 (by Replicel), and RT1640 (by RiverTown Therapeutics), which are currently in, or are entering, clinical trials.  You could also try Trinov (aka Brotzu Lotion), which has already hit the market; I think it's being sold in Italy, so you'd need to order it online.