#BAM Concealing the Shape of a Scalp (2429 FUE): Carlos K. Wesley, MD

#BeforeAndAfterMondays 

This patient underwent a follicular unit extraction (FUE) session with Dr. Carlos K. Wesley in which a total of 2429 grafts were placed  

His hair follicles were incubated in autologous (his own) platelet rich plasma (PRP) throughout the duration of the procedure.  This, combined with an ATP-containing storage solution has been shown to enhance survival of transplanted hairs.

Rather than a larger FUE punch used by a robotic approach, Dr. Wesley used a smaller caliber hand-held motorized punch to performed the donor harvest.  This approach better enabled the capture of donor hair roots that are slightly curved beneath the skin surface.  Upon completion of the harvest, the patient’s donor area was treated with PRP and ACell in order to not only minimize scar tissue formation, but also encourage partial regeneration of donor hair follicles.

The patient returned 2 years (please excuse the typo on one of the slides) after his procedure and images of the patient can be seen below.  This link illustrates the timing of hair growth after surgery.  Similar patient hair transformations with Dr. Wesley and his team may also be viewed.

5D2364F2-5E66-4631-AF3D-F4C1A0E0F556.jpeg

FD826EEE-B785-4142-9B5C-26BE1F4D03AE.jpeg

6DAB4B7E-D8CC-48D7-BFDC-81F021D383D3.jpeg

7EADE4B0-4709-48AF-ABDF-BC6487E62FF7.jpeg

85436333-7703-46B2-976B-8E11628294C8.jpeg

60057CD3-4666-4F54-805D-3CF583A3A238.jpeg

55B13EFE-DD82-4563-A8EF-8A4F86AF6DE8.jpeg

Edited by MarieEvo

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

• 4 weeks later...

This results looks impressive. I do wish that the before photos where with the patient having longer hair like he does in the after photos, but I'm sure this is the way the patient wore hair before having the procedure. Many patients who have hair loss choose to keep hair very short to make the  hair loss less obvious.

Edited by Dr. Glenn Charles

Hi, Dr. Charles 

Yes this patient kept a shorter haircut before he had surgery with Dr. Wesley to help make the hair loss a little less obvious. He was very happy to sport the hairstyle he had when he was younger and have been longing to get back to. We are thrilled with his results as well. 😊

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

Very nice results.  Nice hairline.  Congrats to you and the patient.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.