4650 Grafts with Dr Resul Yaman - 13.7.2019

gbhscot

• 1 month later...

So my three months update.... Hoping this is just the beginning and I have a lot of density to come... Still these weird bumps everywhere but not to worried... Yet.  

So far, quite happy with how it is, although do think I'll revisit the hairline one day and at least get the temples filled in. Anyone care to estimate how many grafts I'd still get out the donor?

IMG_20191015_193117.jpg

IMG_20191015_193928.jpg

IMG_20191015_193557.jpg

IMG_20191015_193117.jpg

IMG_20191015_194131.jpg

IMG_20191015_193052.jpg

• 1 month later...

Starting to get a bit concerned with my progress - at month 4+ I've seen no real improvement since previous posts. In itself, not necessarily terrible as I know that growth isn't linear etc

My concern is more that aside from seeing no more growth, I'm still seeing thousands of little red bumps on the scalp, none of which have hair protruding, and around the crown there are a ton of itchy, stubbly grafts - these have been there since week 1, now when they itch and I scratch, they come loose. Doesn't seem to be a bulb with them, basically a short stubble like hair with a scar in the middle. There are a lot of them around the crown. Very worried that these are essentially dud grafts which weren't implanted correctly....

Haven't messaged the clinic as yet as I know it's a standard "wait longer" answer. But not matter how much I know and have seen results come good, I can't help but feel very concerned that something is badly wrong with mine. I wouldn't say there was a massive difference between the before HT density and what it is now.

• Administrators

4 months is very early, I wouldn’t be overly concerned at this point. The fact you’re seeing pimples is a good sign that hairs are trying to poke through. Be patient, if by 7 months you look the same than it’s time to worry.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

36 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

4 months is very early, I wouldn’t be overly concerned at this point. The fact you’re seeing pimples is a good sign that hairs are trying to poke through. Be patient, if by 7 months you look the same than it’s time to worry.

Cheers Melvin, you're always there with the rationality when in panicking. Still concerned but hope you're right - if all of these red dots are hairs trying to pop through, I am gonna end up with a bloody good result.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 7:48 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

agree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So coming up for 6 months post surgery and not quite sure how I feel. On the one hand I definitely have a better hairline and coverage, on the other I'm still hoping for more density. 

I've always been a bit concerned that my HT hasn't followed the normal path - I didn't seem to shed much and for some reason it seemed denser a month ago than it does now. Hoping that I still conform to the common trend of real density happening around months 8-10. I wouldn't say I'm unhappy currently, not at all, but just a bit concerned that I've reached the final outcome already.

Either way, I'm considering heading back to Istanbul at some point probably in the next 18 months and having the corners filled in and some crown density added - depending of course on how my donor will cope. If it gains more density from now then I'll be really happy, but I feel a second pass could be a massive boost to it.

Hair1Jan20.jpg

Hair2Jan20.jpg

Hair3Jan20.jpg

Hair4Jan20.jpg

• Administrators

You feel exactly how you should at 6 months, you want more density and it will come, just as the hair has improved since the previous months. I already see a massive improvement 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Paulos12 said:

Do you have a picture  before transplantation?

Sure, here's a few

So I basically had no hairline and super thin hair... eventually I shaved it all off and actually loved the look but then decided that knowing "worst case", I'd chance the transplant...

Screenshot_2020-01-10-20-31-30-456_com.miui.gallery.png

Screenshot_2020-01-10-20-31-48-091_com.miui.gallery.png

Screenshot_2020-01-10-20-32-22-518_com.miui.gallery.png

IMG_20190617_193505.jpg

IMG_20190622_173719.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-10-20-33-20-806_com.miui.gallery.png

• Valued Contributor

Dude, seriously, I echo Melvin when I say, what an improvement! I understand your concerns but I think when those hairs Do start thickening up around the 8-12 month point it’s going to turn around for you mentally. It already looks so good, though. Congrats!!

1 hour ago, Steeeve said:

Dude, seriously, I echo Melvin when I say, what an improvement! I understand your concerns but I think when those hairs Do start thickening up around the 8-12 month point it’s going to turn around for you mentally. It already looks so good, though. Congrats!!

Thanks man, nice of you to say. I'm definitely stoked so far, just concerned it's as good.as it will get. Actually... Kinda struggle to believe it can get much better, I never have that kind of luck. If it does, I'll be absolutely ecstatic. And if it does, I'll struggle not to go for a second pass at Dr Yaman just to see how dense is possible.

• 4 weeks later...

So fresh out of the barbers and shaved back and sides down to 6mm - I think this is the shortest I could go, and possibly already too short. Interested to hear what people think of the donor considering number of grafts.

IMG-20200209-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200209-WA0003.jpg

1 minute ago, 147break said:

Hey mate, I think if you got a low taper then the back and sides will look better

Funnily enough that's what I wanted but live abroad and didn't know how to ask for a low taper in German 

Cheers - yeah I thought I was but it oculd just have been placebo. Was nothing extreme, a light headache and I seemed to struggle to sleep well for some reason. I did stop for a  bit but returned to a reduced dose - let's see if it makes a difference.