Scheduled my procedure w/ Dr. Panine

I'm scheduled w/ Dr. Panine next month for a 2500 FUE procedure. I'm 42 and have been ever so slooowly thinning/balding since my late 20s/ early 30s. It really became noticeable in my mid 30s when I could no longer style my hair the way I was used to w/o scalp showing. Now I guess I'm around a Norwood 4 or 5. Just noticed how bad the crown is getting in a photo that was taken of me from behind. Yikes! Anyhow, my plan is to rebuild the hairline and leave the crown alone for a possible future procedure if I choose to go that route. I'm being pretty reasonable about this. I just want to be able to look in the mirror and have a decent age appropriate hair line again. The crown doesn't really bother me all that much to be honest. 

I have been taking Rogaine for about 3 years which seems to have slowed things down but it's really difficult to tell to be sure. I have explored the option of Propecia but I really don't think I want to go that route. I also use Caboki fibers which does a great job of filling in the thinning areas of my hair. I use it everyday and have gotten quite accustomed to the process.

I'm pretty excited about having this procedure done but would like to hear others' opinions who have already had it done. Was it worth it? Would you do it again if you could go back? 

Thanks!

I am excited for you....But I understand.  The unknown does get to people.  

Ii think you are being very smart by addressing the frontal area.  After all, this is what you see when you look at yourself in the mirror and what others see when you interact with them.  Make sure he blends grafts to the area behind the front so there is "connection." This way, if you continue to lose, at least all will look natural.

You are about to make an investment in yourself.  I would encourage you to talk to the doctor about Propecia, laser and PRP.  All these modalities work in different ways and there is synergism when used simultaneously.  

Hair means a lot of things to a lot of people.  Take me, for example.  I've had 7 procedures.  3 fairly large ones and 3 small ones.  Like you are about to do, I addressed the front and top and left the back alone.  I've been on Propecia for 28 years.  I was in the industry for a long time and what I told patients was, "imagine me without hair, you'll be asking why I didn't have it done."  It is a game changer, it does make you look younger, etc.  (When done correctly, it is awesome.  When done incorrectly, it is your worse nightmare when you consider that now you have to live with the mistake for the rest of your life.  This is why is so important to do the research.  View tons of photos.  It is about results after all).

Good luck and pls post photos.

From what you're saying I guess it's a matter of making sure it is done correctly. I did do quite a bit of research before making any decisions, had 2 separate consults w/ 2 different surgeons and Dr. Panine seemed the best fit. I looked through his before and after photos and they looked amazing. So for you personally would you say that if given the opportunity to go back in time you would do it all over again?

Hi

You seem reasonable in your HT approach, which is good, also important is to have reasonable and realistic expectations and know that you have to give the ht process time to get to your full results, that said, good luck with our procedure!

As one who was originally skeptical and fearful of hair transplants (even going back a few years ago), I’m so glad I took my time, did my research put my irrational fears aside and got it done and I absolutely would do all over again if I had to go back in time and decide again.