How To Deal With FUE Pain Post-Op

• Administrators

Anyone who undergoes an FUE is liable to have a bit of discomfort in the donor area post-op, but some have it worse than others. I personally felt the most pain in my second procedure. I remember it feeling chafed and a slight burning sensation. How about you guys? How did you soothe it?

How To Deal With FUE Pain Postop

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It felt less like pain and more like at itch I could not scratch.  Putting my hand on the area helped, but in retrospect I would try ice.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Dazed said:

It felt less like pain and more like at itch I could not scratch.  Putting my hand on the area helped, but in retrospect I would try ice.

Ice is a great one, I used aloe vera gel, definitely helped cool it down.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I experienced mild stinging pain for a few days but easily controlled with co-codamol.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

1. Ice early on after extraction.

2. Paracetamol when needed/ Ibuprofen 

3. Aloe Vera/ Almond oil/ olive oil for the itch later on. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Ibuprofen helps with both pain and inflammation.  Some folks cannot tolerate ibuprofen and extra strength Tylenol works well too and Aleve is good for 12 hour relief.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY