SMP as a concealer

3 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Sure! But it is somewhat expensive in relation to the powders you find out there.  And you have to repeat the process, perhaps in a year, as your body metabolizes the organic ink. 

Yeah, I was shocked to learn that clinics charge 3000 to 4000 to paint what are essentially dots on your head.

• Administrators

I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, AssaultedByDHT said:

You currently use Toppik, right?

Yea well Caboki but same thing 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
On 7/17/2019 at 4:56 AM, AssaultedByDHT said:

Is SMP truly a suitable alternative for diffuse thinners who don’t want the hassle of applying hair fibers? I’m talking about let’s say 2 inches of hair.

Honestly, try buying a woman's eyeliner pencil that's the same color as your hair and try dotting little spots or making short lines in the direction of your hair growth and see how that looks. If you have enough hair covering the area and it just looks a little thin, an eyeliner pencil may work. I tried this a couple of times to see where I wanted my next transplant procedure to cover. It's actually not too bad and it's really cheap. You'll have to do it every day, but it's a lot cheaper than fibers or other concealers. It really depends on if you have enough hair in the area already. Worth a try.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Toppik works well if the transplant isnt too terrible but lacking som density.  If your area is far more damaged and you lack more density then toppik can look unnatural and seem caked as you end up over applying to give it density.  Totally blows but what can you do when you get screwed over

On 7/20/2019 at 3:05 AM, BeHappy said:

Honestly, try buying a woman's eyeliner pencil that's the same color as your hair and try dotting little spots or making short lines in the direction of your hair growth and see how that looks. If you have enough hair covering the area and it just looks a little thin, an eyeliner pencil may work. I tried this a couple of times to see where I wanted my next transplant procedure to cover. It's actually not too bad and it's really cheap. You'll have to do it every day, but it's a lot cheaper than fibers or other concealers. It really depends on if you have enough hair in the area already. Worth a try.

Actually that’s quite similar to what Dermatch does. It brushes on the scalp with a pad that looks like a woman’s face powder application. It leaves behind a dust essentially.