First Hair transplant by Dr. Radha Rani using Strip surgery

Hello All,

I'm 29 years old guy from Central India had Norwood 5 hair loss. After some research I had chosen Dr. Radha Rani in Visakhapattnam, India. I'll not bore you guy with long stories so I'm gonna go ahead and share some facts and pictures. 

• Date of surgery: 01 July 2019
  • Surgeon: Dr. Radha Rani P
  • City: Visakhapattnam, AP, India
  • Total Grafts: 3284
  • Front: 2000 grafts
  • Crown: 1284 grafts

Here are some pictures a few days before the transplant:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Even for me the hairline is very natural, rather you have lost a lot of your native hair, especially in the center, there is no longer that "islet" that you had before the procedure and in the 6 months after.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, ShadowMoon said:

Are you taking Finasteride?

Yes, I took it but for a month or two only. it was working fine on retaining existing hair, but after some time, I started to see some side effects, so I had spoken to the doctor and discontinued.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:02 PM, Egy said:

Even for me the hairline is very natural, rather you have lost a lot of your native hair, especially in the center, there is no longer that "islet" that you had before the procedure and in the 6 months after.

Sadly that is the worst part of my hair transplant journey. All I can remember that I stopped using minoxidil regularly since the Covid-19 pandemic started.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:55 PM, knight19 said:

Hairline looks very natural, but the whole result seems a little sparse to me. Hopefully, it will get thicker by the time.

Thanks, Hoping for the same. The density doctor gave me was 40 grafts per cm2 in the front area and 35 grafts per cm2 in the crown. I'm going to have another procedure after the pandemic.

10 hours ago, umarstar said:

Yes, I took it but for a month or two only. it was working fine on retaining existing hair, but after some time, I started to see some side effects, so I had spoken to the doctor and discontinued.

Have you tried a dose variation? I think lack of Finasteride caused your hair to thin more.

2 hours ago, ShadowMoon said:

Have you tried a dose variation? I think lack of Finasteride caused your hair to thin more.

It was a really tough decision for me, and I didn't want to take chances. Having a bald head is better than having man boobs.

Apart from finasteride, I started using Minoxidil 5%, but I was a bit careless and skipped so many doses, which mainly contributed to further thinning of hair.

2 hours ago, umarstar said:

It was a really tough decision for me, and I didn't want to take chances. Having a bald head is better than having man boobs.

Apart from finasteride, I started using Minoxidil 5%, but I was a bit careless and skipped so many doses, which mainly contributed to further thinning of hair.

Minoxidil won't really do anything to stop further loss. I would try doing a dose variation. 1mg a week for a month, if that's tolerated do 1 mg every four days for a month, etc. until you get to 1mg every other day. That is an acceptable dose that will have enormous benefits to maintaining your hair.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShadowMoon said:

Minoxidil won't really do anything to stop further loss. I would try doing a dose variation. 1mg a week for a month, if that's tolerated do 1 mg every four days for a month, etc. until you get to 1mg every other day. That is an acceptable dose that will have enormous benefits to maintaining your hair.

Ok I'll try that and post the result after a month. If everything goes well then i'll continue finasteride. 

• 1 year later...