Anybody here try topical finnasteride vs oral finnasteride?

@Curious

Topical finasteride that I speak of in Athens includes liposome.

Liposome is generally used as a delivery system, a vehicle of administration. Therefore both statements that @Lane604 has mentioned from another forum seem somewhat accurate, depending on how you interpret them.To be able to better target the destination therefore reduce systematic absorption which we know is true, increasing penetration could be understood as a more efficient delivery system.

Ive seen some very nice results from topical finasteride, and so am hoping for something similar in my own case. Its early days but will keep you updated.

@Curious Contact me if I may be able to help you any further.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Interesting to know about another liposomal formulation, is there a link or can you provide more information?

Meanwhile I found out that the version compounded in Milan was indeed designed to minimize systemic absorption and aims to do so through the use of what are referred to as silicon particles.

EDIT: silicon particles enhance liposomes for delayed delivery

Also, there is a third gel version compounded in Florence Turin which was also designed to minimize systemic absorption and uses a lower fina concentration.

Edited by Lane604

One of the main motivations to explore the concept of topical finasteride was to minimise systematic absorption and therefore the potential risk of side effects.

@CuriousI have contacted you privately.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My understanding was that liposomal was used to increase vascularization of tissue to improve healing properties, minimize scar tissue, etc.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

What I read I think there is big potential of topical finasteride being efective in batling hair loss. 

But I have a concern about exposing women with finasteride when using topical. Most exposing can hapen for example in bedroom when you spent 8 hours next to female and to worsen the situation lets say she is also pregnant. 

Do you think that we can expose female with finasteride using it topical? I hope that what I wrote is understanding. 

I have been on topical for about 3 months.  I really want the liposomal but it is not available in the United States.  Mine is made with 8% minox , .01% retinoic acid and .25% finasteride.  I have never been diligent with oral and I am making sure I do the topical once a day (directions say twice).  I do it at night because it dries the hair and makes it a bit crispy. I do feel like it is effective.  The reason I say this is because after about a month I noticed 3 hairs in my hairline popping through at the same time.  To me this is very odd. It tells me that 3 hairs growing in close proximity to each other and happening at the same time would mean that something has been activated.  I haven't noticed much else but I feel that it is worth keeping up with. When I started I got massive shedding and the dr said that is normal when started. After about 2 to 3 weeks the shedding stopped.   I'm a freak about my hair so I will stick with it.  The effect I feel I am getting may solely be from just using everyday and not slacking but I think there is something to this.  I would really like to try the liposmal but my dr is not interested in switching up his formula.  My dr will only ship inside the state of california by the way.

The liposomal gel was introduced by two Canadian doctors, it is compounded by a pharmacy in Italy and one in Canada, the one in Canada has a web page about it so it is easy to find, the one in Italy does not.

EDIT: Just found a note from one of the doctors from which it is not clear if the Canadian version is a liposomal gel or simply a gel.

Edited by Lane604

23 hours ago, Hans88 said:

What I read I think there is big potential of topical finasteride being efective in batling hair loss. 

But I have a concern about exposing women with finasteride when using topical. Most exposing can hapen for example in bedroom when you spent 8 hours next to female and to worsen the situation lets say she is also pregnant. 

Do you think that we can expose female with finasteride using it topical? I hope that what I wrote is understanding. 

That is a legitimate question and needs to be addressed by the medical community.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The new delivery methods available (HPCH spray, liposomal gel) are mainly designed to reduce systemic absorption (and side effects) but I wonder if they also offer a better safety profile in regards with accidental contamination compared to the standard compunded solutions. Ideally, we want the solution or gel to penetrate the skin without leaving any residue on its surface and especially on the hair. Sub-cutaneous/intradermal injections could allow just that but as far as I know there are only two studies on this method.