9 month update - bad scar

Sorry to see mate, that scar isn't the best.

Have you discussed with the surgeon what may have been the cause, and if it is indeed still shock loss?

Maybe reach out to some surgeons who do great scar work. Dr. Bloxham just uploaded a video with an amazing scar, and Dr. Konior can also work wonders. 

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update!

After meeting with Dr Diep he has helped create a plan of action to fix the scar to help reduce it as much as possibly. I want to note that while I was definitely upset with my initial results, I do trust his skills and realize that its a crap shoot when it comes to how a scar can stretch and heal (even with proper care). 

I'm very optimistic and will post the results early next year once the procedure is complete. 

• Like 1

The doctor, if he knows what he's doing, has little to do with scarring. This is a function of wound healing.  So, if you did not lift weights post op, slept on the scar the day after the procedure, etc....that's just how you heal.  It is likely you'll heal the same way.  Why not camouflage with FUE grafts on the scar?  Or SMP? If you are moving forward, have the doctor check your elasticity. 

If you're going to do it at the same time of the procedure, have the doctor do a suture under and above.  The suture under will keep most of the pressure and the one on top is more window dressing but the scar should be better.

9 hours ago, mas_pelo said:

Just a quick update!

After meeting with Dr Diep he has helped create a plan of action to fix the scar to help reduce it as much as possibly. I want to note that while I was definitely upset with my initial results, I do trust his skills and realize that its a crap shoot when it comes to how a scar can stretch and heal (even with proper care). 

I'm very optimistic and will post the results early next year once the procedure is complete. 

What exactly is his plan of action? Do you know if he uses trichophytic closure? Hope it works out for u

7 hours ago, jj51702 said:

What exactly is his plan of action? Do you know if he uses trichophytic closure? Hope it works out for u

I once worked with a doctor who used this technique on every patient.  Said this really had little to do with the the scar itself.  It did help guide the hair in a certain direction so it would help hide the scar.  Not a bad idea to incorporate this to camouflage.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

I once worked with a doctor who used this technique on every patient.  Said this really had little to do with the the scar itself.  It did help guide the hair in a certain direction so it would help hide the scar.  Not a bad idea to incorporate this to camouflage.

Yea, I think this technique is overhyped. Some sell it as a scar concealment. This is false, it can keep hair growing in the same direction as you mentioned so that there isn't a hair growth distortion, but it does not somehow camouflage the scar completely. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

56 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea, I think this technique is overhyped. Some sell it as a scar concealment. This is false, it can keep hair growing in the same direction as you mentioned so that there isn't a hair growth distortion, but it does not somehow camouflage the scar completely. 

From what I understand it allows SOME hair to grow through the scar which makes the contrast of the scar less stark much like when people FUE into a previous FUT scar. I think it's a great method if appropriate for your situation, but still subject to "good" and "bad" scar limitations.