*Cabokie Hair Fiber Review*

• Administrators

This is my honest review of Caboki

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

How many of you use fibers and what are the best? So far I’ve tried nanogen, toppik and caboki. Out of all three I think I like caboki best.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hi Melvin, Great topic indeed. I have been using three of them since 2010 after my bad surgery.

Toppik is most affordable however the color is dull and it cause horrible itching in the scalp if applied for long time because it contains sheep wool I heard.

Caboki is over expensive and it finished fast plus it needs more amount to be applied due to its size but its a real quality.

Nanogen is the winner to me although its not American product (British) however its very valuable, economic, efficient, great range of natural colors and most of all blends very well (undetectable).

I have been using it religiously since 2012 and it made me forget about a future HT after my last hairline repair however its time for me now to go my 3rd surgery on August with Dr. Cinik in Turkey. Fibers need base hair to stick into so I need to add some density in my midscalp area.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• Administrators

I tried nanogen, I like the price but it goes too quick for me. They get a little cheap with the fiber in the bottle. Thus far, caboki lasts me the longest.

View my thread

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Good video. What do u use to style your hair? Is it easy to wash out/water soluble? Also, do you only apply concealer to your crown?

I use redken brews cream pomade and I lock it all in with tressemme hard hold hair spray. I use fibers in the crown and on the edges near the crown. I dust a little in the midscalp sometimes also.

• Like 1

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I use redken brews cream pomade and I lock it all in with tressemme hard hold hair spray. I use fibers in the crown and on the edges near the crown. I dust a little in the midscalp sometimes also.

Do you wash your hair twice a day then since you apply all these products and also minox?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Do you wash your hair twice a day then since you apply all these products and also minox?

I wash my hair once a day and sometimes every other day. I usually apply minoxidil at night after my shower, and then I apply the hair fibers and other hair products in the morning once it's already dried. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Moderators

I tried using Dermmatch a few years ago, but I never actually went outside with it on. What happens when it rains? What if someone notices you have it in your hair? Once you start using it, you'll have to use it every day because you don't want people to get to know you with "hair" and then suddenly one day you are bald. What do you do then? What happens when you have a woman sleep over and then take a shower the next day? Or even before that, what about when she starts putting her hands through your hair? Don't you worry about getting it all over the pillow when you sleep. That one happened to me. I woke up with dark stains on my pillow.

Once someone at work or one of your friends finds out, isn't it just a waste of time using it anymore? everyone already knows you're bald.

Too much anxiety about it all for me. It just seems so much easier to not use anything. How do you guys deal with all of that? I mean if you can deal with all the possible issues of having hair fibers, why can't you deal with being bald?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I tried using Dermmatch a few years ago, but I never actually went outside with it on. What happens when it rains? What if someone notices you have it in your hair? Once you start using it, you'll have to use it every day because you don't want people to get to know you with "hair" and then suddenly one day you are bald. What do you do then? What happens when you have a woman sleep over and then take a shower the next day? Or even before that, what about when she starts putting her hands through your hair? Don't you worry about getting it all over the pillow when you sleep. That one happened to me. I woke up with dark stains on my pillow.

Once someone at work or one of your friends finds out, isn't it just a waste of time using it anymore? everyone already knows you're bald.

Too much anxiety about it all for me. It just seems so much easier to not use anything. How do you guys deal with all of that? I mean if you can deal with all the possible issues of having hair fibers, why can't you deal with being bald?

I used to think like you, until I actually tried it. I was single for over a year and a half and dated a lot of women and never once did any of them ever notice. In fact, I had one girl apologize to me for getting mascara on my pillows. Little did she know it was hair fibers. Now I’m in a relationship and I told her on our third date that I use hair fibers. Every night I wash it off and she sees me without it. No biggie, just like every night she washed off her make up and I see her without it. 

As for people finding out, lol my coworkers knew me when I was bald, now I have essentially a full head of hair. I’m sure they know I do something. Makes no difference if its a hair transplant or hair fibers. It’s both for me 😝

View my thread

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I used to think like you, until I actually tried it. I was single for over a year and a half and dated a lot of women and never once did any of them ever notice. In fact, I had one girl apologize to me for getting mascara on my pillows. Little did she know it was hair fibers. Now I’m in a relationship and I told her on our third date that I use hair fibers. Every night I wash it off and she sees me without it. No biggie, just like every night she washed off her make up and I see her without it. 

As for people finding out, lol my coworkers knew me when I was bald, now I have essentially a full head of hair. I’m sure they know I do something. Makes no difference if its a hair transplant or hair fibers. It’s both for me 😝

Yeah I can see if you had a decent hair transplant and then topping it off with a bit of concealer in a still thin crown wouldn't be so bad. For me, though, the process just went so much differently. I'd have to be using it on my entire head, not just the entire top, but the sides and back as well to the point where my entire head is covered with concealer. After being laughed at for years for what I went through, I just can't do it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Can you review this?  https://www.hairatin.com/

Joe Tillman (hairtransplantmentor) liked it best after his 2nd review of concealers.

Ha!  I used to use http://www.prothik.com/  way back in '98/'99 - my girlfriend used to say she saw the residue on the pillowcases she washed.  She wasn't pissed though.  Her only concern one time was when we were at a party in the rain and she was like - it won't 'run off' will it?  I replied - nope. 

In my mind I was thinking 'stop thinking about how people will judge YOU through ME; I got this' - but didn't say anything more 'cause she was a little firestarter woman.

Edited by jjsrader

I used Caboki for a minute, have a Nanogen bottle but don't really use it. Toppik is my go to.

I will say if you are using fibers do yourself a favor buy this. Put it in hair after shower then blow dry. Works wonders.

image.png.2ed4e29f133ac8789f5e3da20f1804df.png

Edited by Shifty

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jjsrader said:

Can you review this?  https://www.hairatin.com/

Joe Tillman (hairtransplantmentor) liked it best after his 2nd review of concealers.

Ha!  I used to use http://www.prothik.com/  way back in '98/'99 - my girlfriend used to say she saw the residue on the pillowcases she washed.  She wasn't pissed though.  Her only concern one time was when we were at a party in the rain and she was like - it won't 'run off' will it?  I replied - nope. 

In my mind I was thinking 'stop thinking about how people will judge YOU through ME; I got this' - but didn't say anything more 'cause she was a little firestarter woman.

As far as I’m aware he doesn’t use concealers, 🤔 may be they’re a sponsor. Either way I’m willing to give it a shot as long as it’s reasonably priced. 

As far fibers running in rain nonsense, I’ve gone swimming and it doesn’t fully come off. A little bit but it doesn’t run. Plus you could add dermmatch and you’ll be able to fully submerge your head in water and it wont come off. In fact, stay tuned I’m gonna test it out on video. I’ll have my gf film it. It’ll be my full proof plan for fibers not running or washing out in water.

View my thread