Do I need a transplant?

Hair was like this from about 15. It doesn't get any worse but I feel like the temples are too bald, and also the hairline is higher than usual.

Almost 25 now, based in south of Europe and the prices are like 2-2.5 Euro per graft here. Not sure how much will I need - 1500 for the temples?

Tried minoxidil and some basic tablets to no help (was like a year). Doesn't seem to reced even without any treatment now or to thin, but I certainly believe that something is definitely off, giving an unpleasant look, making me also looking older in a bad way.

Open to any recommendations. To clarify, I just want to look objectively better and not sure how should I go in the realm of hair.

Much appreciated.

Images attached.

20190715_192727.jpg

20190715_192741.jpg

20190715_192755.jpg

13 hours ago, Phil36fromaus said:

While nobody needs a hair transplant, we are all here because we want one, so that's up to you. 

Did you try fin (propecia/proscar)? Did you have any sides? Do you have a family history of hairloss? Given your age and the unpredictability of male pattern baldness most clinics will require you to be on  fin for at least a year to stabilise any losses, and especially for surgery so that the hair transplant doesnt shock any native hairs surrounding the area. Although if your hairloss really is stable that's positive. Might be best to take photos at different time periods to monitor it.

In terms of graft number its about how much density you require, but i think somewhere around the 1500-2000 number would be enough.

Please don't get a hair transplant just because of price or location ... there are so many horror stories here and the industry as a whole has quite low standards, so it's best to do some research before committing to anything. Getting a hair transplant is a life long commitment, given the possibility you will continue to bald and you will need to address future concerns just to achieve a natural appearance

Hope that helps a little bit

EDIT: best to contact some clinics and get their take on the situation

Hi. Thank you for the valuable contribution.

As per the loss, looking at the photographs of about ten years ago, when I was fifteen, the hairline is very similar. There's no actual history in my family - both dad and granddad had a similar hairline, but still did sport some natural volume even in their sixties).

As per the clinic, it is where I am based and the prices seem decent for the quality. Most of then want to see me for a consultation, instead of an email, but I'll need to travel for an hour to the next biggest city.

I am thinking to take up more effort into this when I do my eye correction at the end of the year. My current goal is to estimate the price and 1750 grafts sounds great.

Edited by TempleHead
Grammar

Based on the photos you have submitted,  it seems you are losing your entire front.  The corners are well receded and the forelock is thin as well.  Unfortunately we do not have photos of the top of the head, but I'll venture to say there is a degree of thinning there as well.  As others have suggested, get on medical therapy, (all of them).  

What takes grafts is lowering a hairline.  The hairline you have seems to be appropriate for the age and for you, as it's the one you have.  Honestly, I would stay with it.  Bring down the corners, leaving a slight recession, so that this new hairline will frame your face better and make you look younger.  It would also add grafts to the forelock just to reinforce and to keep everything connected. Otherwise you'll end up with a couple of horns down the road.

Seems you have decent density elsewhere and, to achieve the same, you'll need the doctor to concentrate the grafts as much as possible.  In cases similar to your own, I've seen recommendations of 1800-2500 grafts.  Try to do as many as you can afford. I would also discuss PRP with the doctor so he can do it the day of the procedure.  This will help bring the results in sooner, but it will help reverse the miniaturization you seem to be experiencing.

Forget the monetary aspect of the procedure for now.  Concentrate on results.  Review photos,  Once you find what you are looking for, you can pound the cost all you want with that particular clinic.