My fue hair transplant journey

connor

I had 6300 hair transplanted 4 weeks ago by dr katalin sereny at the hair palace in Budapest Hungary Europe. I am going to post an update on here every 4 weeks. I have also recently started taking propecia 5 weeks in and minoxidil.  The surgery wasnt enough to cover all my bald spot so another surgery next year is on the menu.  Here is some pre and post op photos 

20190520_203406.jpg

20190605_154835.jpg

20190708_102315.jpg

20190708_102729.jpg

20190708_102319.jpg

20190708_102243.jpg

Hey man, 

Work looks good, one question, did you get 6,300 ‘grafts’ or “hairs”? .....as some clinics may quote numbers differently, a graft may have anywhere from 1-4 hairs and the reason I ask is because to be honest it doesn’t look like you received 6,300 grafts if grafts is the case, to me it looks about 3,000-3,500 grafts.

Hey man yes you are correct 6300 hairs not grafts. My surgeon said it was 2700 grafts I had implanted. I will need another 3000 hairs to finish the job my surgeon felt it was better not to harvest my donor area anymore than that in one session.  Then I hope I will be to continue propecia to kick further hair loss down the line abit. 

Edited by connor

Thanks for the clarification, it does look 2,700 is the implanted coverage given. Yeah, I agree with your surgeons plan, best not to over harvest now and see how well the 1st Ht progress goes and donor recovers to asses for another Ht to cover the other area.

Good luck and happy growing.

• Administrators

Thanks for creating this thread, I am eager to see your progress, consider creating a patient website.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks good after only 4 weeks.  Nice amount of hairs in those 2,700 grafts.  Keep us posted with your progress every couple of weeks.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congratulations on your recent procedure.

Im looking forward to follow your progress.

Wishing you the best! Heal and grow well!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 7/21/2019 at 4:33 AM, Raphael84 said:

Congratulations on your recent procedure.

Im looking forward to follow your progress.

Wishing you the best! Heal and grow well!

Thanks man appreciate that I will keep updating 

On 7/19/2019 at 3:47 PM, JohnCasper said:

Looks good after only 4 weeks.  Nice amount of hairs in those 2,700 grafts.  Keep us posted with your progress every couple of weeks.

Thanks john I will keep updating 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys this is just slightly over the 2 month mark very happy with how my donor area is looking its healed very well. I am a little concerned about the recipient area. As you can see i still have alot of little stubble  hairs remaining after the shedding phase that haven't grown. I have noticed that alot of the guys that have went on to get good results have all had a good clean shed.  On the flip side those that haven't have kind of looked like mine at this stage. I'm probably just clutching at straws but I emailed my clinic today about my concerns.  Finasteride im still taking 1 mg a day this is around 9 weeks of talking the full dose 1mg dose.  Prior to taking the full dose I gradually increased  the dose to 1 mg a day  over the course of 4 weeks instructed to do so by a doctor and so far so good with the sides. Long may it continue it's a big part of the war.

20190816_112337.jpg

20190816_112102.jpg

Edited by connor

2-months is still very early and it looks normal. As for the stubble that has not shed nor grown, from what I’ve read it’s nothing serious and the hairs are just dormant and when the new grafts start to grow new hairs they will push the stubble out, but have you contacted your Doctor and asked their opinion of the stubble?

28 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

2-months is still very early and it looks normal. As for the stubble that has not shed nor grown, from what I’ve read it’s nothing serious and the hairs are just dormant and when the new grafts start to grow new hairs they will push the stubble out, but have you contacted your Doctor and asked their opinion of the stubble?

28 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hey man thanks for your comment I emailed my clinic just waiting on them to get back to me. Yeah there doesn't seem to be any source of medical information I can find to suggest that its negative. Just that I came across a guy on YouTube who's failed completely and it didnt shed clean and looked stubly like mine at this stage. It would be pretty disappointing to not achieve a result that gives a decent illusion of a thick hair line in most situations. It's hard not to sweat it giving the cost and effort of the procedure.

Edited by connor

7 hours ago, jj51702 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much 2 months is deep into “nothing happening” territory. If those stubbles haven’t grown in the last 2 months, I’d recommend scrubbing them a bit harder in the shower to loosen them up as they’re likely just dormant.

Hey thanks for your comment my clinic emailed me back yesterday and said the same thing. 👍

I just posted this on my own blog site.  It may provide you with typical expectations.

Prior to Surgery                    2-Weeks                         8-Weeks                         22-Weeks                     32-Weeks                   40-Weeks

image.png.0950eaa79ddcaa753d96bcf1d052d06a.png

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, JohnCasper said:

I just posted this on my own blog site.  It may provide you with typical expectations.

Prior to Surgery                    2-Weeks                         8-Weeks                         22-Weeks                     32-Weeks                   40-Weeks

26 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

I’ve seen some good results posted here from hair palace. How many doctors do they have and how much do they charge?

As to how many doctors they have that I'm not sure I estimate around 6 I got to choose from. The price was £3000 for 6000 hairs and they give me slightly more than that free of charge which was really good of them this also includes accommodation transfers and lunch.  I couldn't speak anymore highly of their service. Before I travelled to Budapest I met one of their doctors for a consultation in the uk. They came across as very honest and professional and their reviews on trust pilot were very positive so I felt confident to put my faith in them.  Everything went smooth in Budapest and it felt like I was in really good hands the dr preformed the whole procedure over 2 days around 5 hours surgery each day. Now just preying my scalp responds 🙏

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, JohnCasper said:

Wow that is a fantastic result you are new man at week 40 by like 10 years younger!!

Hi guys just a 10 week update nothing really new other than the redness has died down and its shed a little more. The little hairs that have grown was my native hair before the transplant.  Still continuing with the finasteride and minoxidil. Looking forward to entering into the growing stage.

20190828_105105.jpg

Thanks for the complements “Connor”.  Just be patient, it’s still early for you.  Take a look at my website, I have a lot of photos in your time frame.  I really started seeing new growth around the 12-14th week range.  It’s normal to be anxious not knowing when the new growth will start.  I’m looking forward to seeing photos at the 4 month mark.  See my website below and look back in the archives for early 2013.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Everything looks right on track, I was at my absolute worst at around 2 months. Things started improving by the third month and by the 4th month I was definitely on my way.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.