Dr Rafael De Freitas - 2660 Grafts

Adam87

There can be a big difference in appearance between hair on the sides/back and hair on top when it's at that particular length. Grow it out and see how it looks then. Also shockloss from surgery is a possibility. That hair will come back.

And obviously, stay on fin if you don't have any side effects.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, BjornBorg said:

There can be a big difference in appearance between hair on the sides/back and hair on top when it's at that particular length. Grow it out and see how it looks then. Also shockloss from surgery is a possibility. That hair will come back.

And obviously, stay on fin if you don't have any side effects.

Its a bit strange, i also tried to cut the hair myself😅...which i think has altered the length in some areas and some hair so its looks strange and deceptive. I have been asked to take fin, rogaine foam twice a day, nizoral. Also taking something called oh-flutmaide. We will see, you could be right, could be shock loss and i had two surgeries in just over a month which is not good for my hair, plus my sleep hasn't been good for a while. I know fin and minoxidil take 3-12 months to kick in so we will see. They wanted me to go on dut as well but im not sure about that, some bad side effects with that. Im ok on fin, i think i have lost 15% of wood though permanently from using it way in the past but other than that i am ok. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jj51702 said:

I don’t think @Adam87 likes to answer any questions even tho he opened up a thread so let’s just give him the space he wants so he can meditate peacefully while logged into his account 

Hi sorry, i have been so busy recently, apologies, im not the most knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this, not trying to avoid the question, just been honest, i will ask laura = the assistant to dr de freitas and see what she says. As soon as i get an answer i will message back. They took alot of hair from the sides, i had alot of dense three graft hairs but not many single grafts so i think they had to go to the sides. 

I can also see where some of the donar hairs have come from and im hoping they will grow back over time. 

Edited by Adam87

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 6:59 PM, jj51702 said:

I don’t think @Adam87 likes to answer any questions even tho he opened up a thread so let’s just give him the space he wants so he can meditate peacefully while logged into his account 

I spoke to his assistant today and she says that dr Freitas preservers every donar area he works with in case more work is needed down the line, Dr Freitas suggested during surgery i might need 400 more to make it look perfect, but i will hit that road when i come to it. He is on holiday until September, i will do some pictures at 2 months on the 10th September. 

• Administrators

I've heard good things about Dr. De Freitas, I'll be monitoring your thread closely.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Month 2 Update

Current Regime:

- Finesteride - 1mg per day

- Minoxidil foam - twice a day

- Derma roller once a day 0.5 - apply minoxidil after.

- Hot water on head twice a day and apply minoxidil after to open the paws in the skin. 

- Vitamin supplements - Biotin, vitamin D, vitamin b complex, saw palmetto, and vitamin b12. 

I have been prescribed duterstride, but i am holding off for now, hopefully i will be able to maintain what i have with this regime and thicken the hair, so i will see if i add this in 6 months time. I am hoping the derma rolling will make a big difference, i did some research and it is very beneficial if you stick with it long term. 

My hair has thickened up in the last month, i still have some shock loss scattered around the back of the head and down the middle of my scalp, hopefully this will improve in the next few months. Not in the nicest of stages right now, but i did get an unexpected surprise when i zoomed in on the pictures i took this morning outside, i know noticed lots of white new hairs and other small hairs coming through for the first time, brought a huge smile to my face, as anyone knows it can be a waiting game and you check every day even in the first 3 months where not much happens for alot of us, unless you are a fast grower. The sides are taking their time, but i do see alot of white hairs coming through now. Should be an interesting month 3. 

I will watch my crown very closely in the next 3 months to see if i do need to take DUT, but i think in the next 3-6 months it will look alot thicker. 

20190910_111104_093.jpg

20190910_111447.jpg

20190910_145212.jpg

Screenshot_20190910-145450_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190910-145547_Gallery.jpg

20190910_110112.jpg

20190910_105626.jpg

Edited by Adam87

7 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Looks like growth has already started at month 2? That’s quite impressive 

It seems like it, but you could only see if you zoomed in closely on the picture, hopefully in a months time it will be more obvious. If i didnt zoom in, i wouldnt have noticed what was going on. 

2 hours ago, Adam87 said:

It seems like it, but you could only see if you zoomed in closely on the picture, hopefully in a months time it will be more obvious. If i didnt zoom in, i wouldnt have noticed what was going on. 

That’s usually how it starts- very fine hair. Give it time 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 8:49 AM, BjornBorg said:

Few points:

1. Any pics of the shock loss in donor?

2. Stick to current regimen. Don't go on DUT yet as it is a strong drug and you are lucky not to have any sides from fin.

3. You look ahead of the curve. You will feel really good at 6 months I think.

I will try and get some tomorrow, getting trickier though with my hair growing. Yes i am concerned about DUT, i think i tried it 8-10 years ago and i didnt react well, headaches and chest pains if i remember. The current medication will take 3-6 months to kick in, i have only been on it for 50 days and also going through a shed as well, which is a positive sign. In regards to PRP, yes you are right,  i can do it once with them, but prp is something you have to keep on having every 3 months if i am not mistaken, so i am not sure if i will go, but i will see how i feel. 

6 minutes ago, Adam87 said:

I will try and get some tomorrow, getting trickier though with my hair growing. Yes i am concerned about DUT, i think i tried it 8-10 years ago and i didnt react well, headaches and chest pains if i remember. The current medication will take 3-6 months to kick in, i have only been on it for 50 days and also going through a shed as well, which is a positive sign. In regards to PRP, yes you are right,  i can do it once with them, but prp is something you have to keep on having every 3 months if i am not mistaken, so i am not sure if i will go, but i will see how i feel. 

Why is de Freitas have you on dut? Your hair loss was minimal

10 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Why is de Freitas have you on dut? Your hair loss was minimal

Good question, i think it was because of the shock loss after my HT which made my hair look really bad, as you see on the previous page, i deliberately chose the harshest light, so i am not helping myself, but i wanted their opinion and they told me to get on DUT. But i do not think it will be necessary, my hair is already thickening up quite a bit and recovering i think. Plus the medication has already kicked it. 

Hopefully everything will improve further in the next month, i will post a 3 month update next month. 

On 9/12/2019 at 11:36 PM, Adam87 said:

So it seems you should skip DUT for now as it will cause unnecessary stress.

There's a lot of different views even from the docs on the effect of PRP. It won't make things worse at least. But you do as you feel. :)

The most important thing is stay on current regimen and just chill and let time work its magic.

• Like 1

Adam

Thanks for the efforts you are making to make this post descriptive and helpful to others. I am currently considering Dr Freitas. I am not Spanish so have some difficulty communicating with their office staff in English, however, I have the following questions :

1.) Did you have phone conversations or a video call with Dr Feritas whilst you were deciding or choosing a surgeon? Is the clinic and doctor fairly communicative ? I have some concerns here and perhaps its a language issue.

2.) The clinic has told me that the doctor advises 3 month, 6month and 12 month post-op visits and a strict medicine regimen. Did you go through this and what are the medicines - are the the usual propecia, DHT, Rogaine, etc. ?? Or perhaps for you he did not advise, as you have a pretty good head of hair.

3.) Was most of the work doctor or technician driven? Extraction, incisions, etc..

4.) How many days did you stay therapist op ? 

Thanks, and we are looking forward to your final results.

Cheers, Sean

Hello @rocketmas , your more than welcome, i also am not Spanish, i travelled from the UK. 

1. I did not, i just did alot of research on here and on the web and i had enough information to make an informed choice, i rate his hairlines very highly and i had the type of hair that he had very good success with, naturally very thick dark hair, they are, i was speaking with Viviana on email, her English was fine. I did not have any consultation until i saw dr freitas there, they have some nurses who speak very good English and could communicate everything that dr freitas was saying. Do you speak with her? Dr Freitas spoke in spanish but everything was easy to understand from the person who spoke English. 

2. I am taking the medication as you can see by my last update post, regarding the visits, i will see how i am at 3 months, i might make the trip, i will defiantly at 6 months. I am taking propecia, rogaine foam, saw palmetto and some vitamins. I am also derma rolling every day quite intensely which i think will help alot in the longer term. 

3. extraction was done by his head technician, who is very senior, dr freitas did all the implementation of the grafts.

4.  I do not understand question number 4 - after the operation i stayed in valencia for 2/3 days i think, i will have to check. 

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken to Viviana. I do find that communication is bit difficult in English and challenged, but I am sure we will bridge the gap. I am initial stages of researching them fully and trying to establish verbal and direct communication with the office. Emails I notice are also replied with considerable delay but that is the general trend in many countries, so I don't blame the clinic. However, I do want to have a FaceTime with the doctor to communicate my desire, and also understand the balance with his aesthetic input.

Thanks for your answers. You did answer most of my queries. I assume your treatment was also done over two days ? 

Will be in touch as I did deeper and plan this out.

S

1 hour ago, rocketmas said:

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken to Viviana. I do find that communication is bit difficult in English and challenged, but I am sure we will bridge the gap. I am initial stages of researching them fully and trying to establish verbal and direct communication with the office. Emails I notice are also replied with considerable delay but that is the general trend in many countries, so I don't blame the clinic. However, I do want to have a FaceTime with the doctor to communicate my desire, and also understand the balance with his aesthetic input.

Thanks for your answers. You did answer most of my queries. I assume your treatment was also done over two days ? 

Will be in touch as I did deeper and plan this out.

S

My procedure was done over one day, but it took all day, i was there at 7am, i didnt leave until 10.30pm, i had 2400 grafts done. 

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the response. Considering you left at 10.30 pm, I can now find the reason my surgery will spill onto Day 2 and it seems like a logical thing to do.

Another question on the pain. I have ready your post fully and you say it was agony on Day 1. How was it subsequently ? Did you have any swelling ? When would you think you became conformable enough to have a fruitful day ? 

I ask all this, because I had my first HT in 2004 (FUT) with Dr Shapiro and I recall it was pretty painful for 4-5 days and I had swelling on the forehead and under the eyes for almost 5,6 days. The post-op bothered me considerably. I am sort of hoping that with FUE post-op and pain is dramatically better?

Thanks,S

• 2 weeks later...

I will do a 3 month update in 10 days time. This is just for experience members who i am pretty sure have answered this many times, but i havent been the greatest responder, there are hairs there, but i cannot see that much growth or not as much as i was expecting, the secretary of de freitas said de freitas patients hair usually starts coming through after 3 months. If anyone can just help me with this or share experiences i would be greatly appreciated. I know fast responders "apparently" get the best results, even though i am not entirely sure this goes for everyone. Thanks for any help or any advice to calm my fears. 

50 minutes ago, Adam87 said:

I will do a 3 month update in 10 days time. This is just for experience members who i am pretty sure have answered this many times, but i havent been the greatest responder, there are hairs there, but i cannot see that much growth or not as much as i was expecting, the secretary of de freitas said de freitas patients hair usually starts coming through after 3 months. If anyone can just help me with this or share experiences i would be greatly appreciated. I know fast responders "apparently" get the best results, even though i am not entirely sure this goes for everyone. Thanks for any help or any advice to calm my fears. 

1/ thee months is when it (slowly) starts; six months is when you will be able tell if you are on a good track; 10 months is when you will be able to see about 80% of the outcome.

2/ ‘fast responders’ get best results -  not true. Mine kept improving even after 12 months.

Hope that helps

Below are my pics from my first surgery (about 2k in frontal 1/3), after 5 months and after 8 months.

15CA7FE6-D384-440D-A461-7ACEECEE10A1.jpeg

85D4B6CE-140D-477D-9708-332CC1AE8098.jpeg

Edited by adonix