Adam87

Dr Rafael De Freitas - 2660 Grafts

Hello,

I wanted to tell you a little about my experience with Dr Freitas In Valencia, Spain, i was meant to have surgery in August next year but fortunately there was a cancellation a month ago and i jumped at the chance, the waiting list i have been told is nearing two years. I was a little nervous as i had not had a HT before but i was made to feel very welcome and relaxed by the staff, Dr Freitas was very friendly, in particular Miss Viviana, who helped enormously - i am 3 days currently post operation. 

I have been losing hair since i was 19 (now 32) at a slow rate, not as a aggressive as most, but still constantly losing it, sadly i have had many stresses and other surgeries in my life which impacted my health and led to further hairloss, i was a NW2 going towards NW3 over the next few years, mainly losing in my temples and hairline, one side was worse than the other, the crown has no hairloss. I had gone on propecia, minoxidil and Nizoral to hault the hairloss in the last year. 

We wanted to go for a natural hairline, at first we lowered it too much and we both agreed it doesn't look natural, alot of patients i think want their hairline lower than they probably should, but we both agreed that the one shown below was probably best and i was very happy with it after surgery. 

When his assistant technical began extracting the donor hair, she said i had excellent donar hair and it makes an enormous difference in outcome, she said it was one of the best she has seen this year, i knew my hair was naturally very thick and Dr Freitas said that i have the opposite problem to alot of people, i have alot of 3 and 4 hair grafts and not many 1 or 2's. One of the reasons why i did choose Dr Freitas is that spanish people naturally have thicker darker hair and i thought my hair would be ideal, considering his experience.  

I arrived at 8.30 am and didnt leave until 8.30pm, my body always struggles during surgery so i was relieved when it was over. Both Dr Freitas and the technician thought i would get a good result, so i am very excited. 

Grafts: 1 - 613

2 - 943

3 - 1057

4 - 27

I know some people will say - "you didnt need to do it etc etc" - but i wanted to do something that was going to make me happy as it had been an issue of mine and stress going back years, though i do understand why people would say - " you should have waited" - but i want to keep it positive. Im not an expert in knowledge but i will try to answer as many questions as below as possible. 

Photos below are 3 days post op. 

Screenshot_20190713-015947_Photo Editor.jpg

Screenshot_20190713-015915_Photo Editor.jpg

20190713_015539.jpg

20190711_035752.jpg

Screenshot_20190713-015749_Gallery.jpg

20190713_015822.jpg

20190713_015557.jpg

Edited by Adam87

Almost 2700 grafts in that relatively small area? This is going to be insane. How many cm was your recipient? Do you know what density he implanted at?

Great intro, thank you so much. How long did you stay in Spain? Was it at a hotel nearby? Did you go back to the clinic for washing?

Also any pictures of donor post surgery?

Wish you the best buddy, this is gonna be a homerun! :)

10 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Almost 2700 grafts in that relatively small area? This is going to be insane. How many cm was your recipient? Do you know what density he implanted at?

I think the extraction of donar was 2030 from this below. Implamentation was 2600.

20190713_191001.jpg

6 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Great intro, thank you so much. How long did you stay in Spain? Was it at a hotel nearby? Did you go back to the clinic for washing?

Also any pictures of donor post surgery?

Wish you the best buddy, this is gonna be a homerun! :)

I only got this one picture i think, i didnt have anyone with me and i was a bit out of it. I stayed in spain for 2 days, day before surgery and day of surgery and went home the next day. I did not go back for washing, the first wash i did the evening of surgery and it was agony. Since the first day it has been much easier and less painful, everything is turning to scabs right now and the swelling on my eyes and face is going down thankfully

20190711_051751.jpg

Edited by Adam87

6 hours ago, Adam87 said:

I think the extraction of donar was 2030 from this below. Implamentation was 2600.

20190713_191001.jpg

I don’t understand this statement. They extracted 2030 grafts but implanted 2660? Did they split the multiple grafts?

10 hours ago, jj51702 said:

I don’t understand this statement. They extracted 2030 grafts but implanted 2660? Did they split the multiple grafts?

Also interested in this. But I think your guess is correct. Must be to get those 1's for the front.

Edited by BjornBorg