Dr Rafael De Freitas - 2660 Grafts

Adam87

3 month update

I have noticed a change in the last month of thickening of hairs that managed to survive the shed and smaller and white baby hair coming through. My crown has become alot thicker as has my hair in general which is great to see. The temples are quite slow. Not much progress their yet. But i do see baby white hairs. 

Still using rogaine x2 a day, propecia every day, saw palmetto every day, vitamin supplements and derma rolling hair every day in evening which is really annoying but worth it. 

Hair is grey in the last picture duexto the foam. Its very difficult to get to the scalp with foam once your hair goes. Really have to go in firm.

Hopefully this is where things start to change in the next 3 months. I have seen so many stories i have lost count but it looks as though many people notice their first big change around month 4. 

I know everyone is different but hopefully things will start happening soon. 

20191010_152616.jpg

20191010_152353.jpg

20191010_151849.jpg

Screenshot_20191010-153208_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191010-153049_Gallery.jpg

20191010_151837.jpg

Screenshot_20191010-153250_Gallery.jpg

20191010_151727.jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 9:34 AM, BjornBorg said:

There can be a big difference in appearance between hair on the sides/back and hair on top when it's at that particular length. Grow it out and see how it looks then. Also shockloss from surgery is a possibility. That hair will come back.

And obviously, stay on fin if you don't have any side effects.

What I wrote when you were worried about a thin crown with hair at a short length. Now when it's at a longer length it looks good. To the untrained eye you don't even have crown loss.

As for progress on your new hairline, you are looking really good. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

What I wrote when you were worried about a thin crown with hair at a short length. Now when it's at a longer length it looks good. To the untrained eye you don't even have crown loss.

As for progress on your new hairline, you are looking really good. :)

Thanks for the feedback, the crown had thickened up alot, when the hair is dry its impossible to tell i have been thinning a bit, so the medication is working 100%, i think in 6 months time it will be back to how it was. The temples are taking their time but their are signs, as someone said at 3 months you only see 10% of the result, but i do notice people have a noticable change around months 4-5, so hopefully that will happen with me as well. 

3 months and 10 days post operation 

We have lift off ladies and gentlemen... 

Lots of positives in the last few weeks, delighted that the crown and hair all over the head are responding well to my regime, the crown has thickened up considerably in the last 3 months, even though the light is deliberately harsh a few months ago, the difference is enormous, they did say i had incredibly thick hair so i am delighted. 

The hairline is coming through nicely, hairs that have grown in the last month or so have began to thicken, one side of my hairline has come through more than the other, so the shape is slightly off right now, i am hoping new hairs will come though on my right side, but the left is looking very nice. 

The temples are taking their time, especially the one that had more hairs in at the start. Hopefully they come through in the next couple months. 

I have no idea to be honest weather this is good for 3 months or not, but i am delighted there is progress at this stage, hopefully in the next 3 months, the hairline will fill in more and more. 

Quick question, if anyone can help, i have seen the table several times of % hair growth over the year after a hair transplant, 3 months is 10%, but does this table mean the overall result or refer to more hairs coming through, i am just curious how long do hairs take up to come through the scalp post HT in regards to %. 

Still the overall goal and my inspiration to go with de freitas for those of you wondering why i went with him. 

Screenshot_20191020-033443_Gallery[1].jpg

Screenshot_20191020-032843_Gallery[1].jpg

Screenshot_20191020-033116_Photo_Editor[1].jpg

Screenshot_20191020-032932_Gallery[1].jpg

Screenshot_20191020-034850_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191020-034843_Gallery.jpg

16 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

And boom goes the dynamite!

I wouldnt worry about comparing yourself to tables or growth charts at this stage, they are just a guideline whereas you have clear evidence of growth. If anything I would say you are  ahead of the curve. Same thing goes about any concern with one side growing faster than the other, as that seems to be common. 

As far your question concerning tables goes i think they refer to how much of a cosmetic difference you should notice at a particular month. If you are after more detail here's a post by BLoxham who explains how grafts grow, mature and pop over time that should answer your question more fully;

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/45814-how-hair-transplants-quotgrowquot-quotmaturequot-and-quotpopquot-dr-blake-bloxham-fellerbloxham/

Looking forward to seeing this result in a few more months. Freitas is legit. 

Thanks for the reply, i can imagine everyone is nervous after the shedding to see how they are going to respond, i am glad mine seems to be on the positive side. Thank you for the link, it is a great read and explains alot, interesting to see that after 5 months 50% of the hairs would have popped up or come through, but i guess everyone will go at their own pace. 

I am also hoping that there will be a big difference in the next 2 months, i have seen a few people go through a positive change around months 4-5 where the first big changes happen. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 8:10 AM, BjornBorg said:

Yeah baby! Looking forward to the next 3 months of your journey.

I take it you will not go down to Valencia for the PRP?

Sorry for the late response Bjorn, i will go and have one , probably around Febuary next year, as i want to speak to de freitas about a touch up and maybe bring down the hairline slightly. He did say to make it perfect i would need another 400 grafts. 

Month 4 - 128 days

This month has seen a big change, thankfully i am progressing quite well, although i still hope the hairline will thicken and new hairs will come through, someone said you usually get two big  sprouts of growth (popping) but i am not sure how much more i will get. I know the maturity of the hair takes 12-14 months, but i hope new hair still come through in that time. 

There are still hairs popping through in the hairline but not as many as in between months 2-3 where there were loads. 

I wanted to ask a few people here their opinion, de freitas played with my hairline as we were deciding where would be the best place and he suggested that i have it higher as it would suit my face more, as his first design was lower than the one we settles on, but i think i would prefer it a touch lower, i know i am being a bit fussy, but i might ask him to lower it a little, but i will see in the summer next year when it will be 90% finished. I just wanted peoples thoughts on here. 

Any questions feel free. 

Adam 1.jpg

Adam 2.jpg

Adam 3.jpg

Adam 4.jpg

Adam 6.jpg

20191118_041556.jpg

20191118_041040.jpg

20191118_041115.jpg

20191118_042158.jpg

8 minutes ago, Adam87 said:

Month 4 - 128 days

This month has seen a big change, thankfully i am progressing quite well, although i still hope the hairline will thicken and new hairs will come through, someone said you usually get two big  sprouts of growth (popping) but i am not sure how much more i will get. I know the maturity of the hair takes 12-14 months, but i hope new hair still come through in that time. 

There are still hairs popping through in the hairline but not as many as in between months 2-3 where there were loads. 

I wanted to ask a few people here their opinion, de freitas played with my hairline as we were deciding where would be the best place and he suggested that i have it higher as it would suit my face more, as his first design was lower than the one we settles on, but i think i would prefer it a touch lower, i know i am being a bit fussy, but i might ask him to lower it a little, but i will see in the summer next year when it will be 90% finished. I just wanted peoples thoughts on here. 

Any questions feel free. 

Adam 1.jpg

Adam 2.jpg

Adam 3.jpg

Adam 4.jpg

Adam 6.jpg

20191118_041556.jpg

20191118_041040.jpg

20191118_041115.jpg

20191118_042158.jpg

Any lower would look absolutely ridiculous. This is a very balanced, however very aggressive and youthful hairline. Most men and even teenagers do not have hairlines this low and straight, particularly with the very well defined temple points you have.

I also think that when the transplanted hairs begin to thicken up and get to a similar length to the rest of your hair you’ll notice a poof effect at the front of hair being pushed forward slightly making the forehead look even smaller. This doesn’t yet show in the photos and likely won’t be noticeable until the 6-7th month. Currently looks good and very normal for 4 months. 

But I have to reiterate, any lower would truly look ridiculous. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Any lower would look absolutely ridiculous. This is a very balanced, however very aggressive and youthful hairline. Most men and even teenagers do not have hairlines this low and straight, particularly with the very well defined temple points you have.

I also think that when the transplanted hairs begin to thicken up and get to a similar length to the rest of your hair you’ll notice a poof effect at the front of hair being pushed forward slightly making the forehead look even smaller. This doesn’t yet show in the photos and likely won’t be noticeable until the 6-7th month. Currently looks good and very normal for 4 months. 

But I have to reiterate, any lower would truly look ridiculous. 

I think you make a good point in regards to it looking a bit higher and different because of the lack of thickness in comparison with the rest of my hair. Thanks for the advice. 

2 hours ago, Adam87 said:

Month 4 - 128 days

Adam 1.jpg

Adam 4.jpg

You can't be anymore Norwood 1 than the person in these pictures. You should never again spend a thought on lowering your hairline.

You are also ahead of the curve at 4 months. Now just enjoy the rewards of making the best decision in your lifetime.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Any lower and you'd have a three-head. i really cant see how youd improve it.

and geez at just 4 months it already looks amazing. thanks for updating (wish there were more de freitas threads)

Thank you Phil, when i first joined the forum and looked at potential hairline surgeons, i couldn't find one thread who had a transplant with him on the forum. Just lots of  comments about him in general or potentially being a surgeon. I am sure we will see more threads with him in the future although his waiting list is a long one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Look amazing and natural— no wonder your doc is extremely booked.  The doc is certainly doing it right.  You picked the right doc!  Congrats.  This is about to be a killer result.

Thank you Sean, much appreciated, luckily i got a last minute appointment and flew out within 2 weeks of a cancellation and them calling me. I put myself on the cancellation list when i put my deposit down. I wasn't meant to have the surgery until September next year. 18 months his waiting list is now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Month 5 and 2 weeks

Also throwing in some after shedding photos which gives you a better idea of where i was before and what has been done now. The hairs as many expect are quite small and thin right now, they probably wont thicken up like the rest of my head for another few months, hopefully around month 9 they will start to look like my donor hair.

Hopefully you can see why i said i would want to maybe lower my hairline slightly at the angles, but it is being picky. Happy so far, not sure how much more "popping" is going to come through, apparently at the 5 month stage you are 50% of the way through but i have a feeling that i maybe more than that already but we will see. I know maturing takes 12 months plus, so not seeing the final result until next summer. 

Inked20190805_164336_LI.jpg

Inked20190805_164345_LI.jpg

Inked20190805_164350_LI.jpg

Inked20190910_105951_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_133956_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134026_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134045_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134149_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134310_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134432_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134530_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134656_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134817_LI.jpg

Inked20191219_134831_LI.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, Adam87 said:

Month 5 and 2 weeks

Hopefully you can see why i said i would want to maybe lower my hairline slightly at the angles

Nope. That's hair greed of an unprecedented level on this forum. :D

I'd take what you have at 5 and a half months for a final result. And obviously a lot of improvement to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Adam87 ,  can you show pictures of current hair situation? I wonder how it is progressing.

And also, Im a bit confused about DR.Freitas clinic - In his youtube channels I see smoe videos of InjertoCapillar clinic, and I thought this clinic is owned by Lorenzo. Do you know if Freitas has connection to this clinic?  In which clinic have you done the procedure?

Also, Im considering him for my soon HT but the communication sounds a real issue. Communicating with someone through translator doesnt sound easy, when regard to such serius manner like this

On 12/30/2019 at 5:01 PM, Adam87 said:

Does anyone know the spanish hair transplant forum website, i want to have a look at some results from Dr Couto and De Freitas? - Any help or link would be very appreciated. Thank you. 

It's called recuperarelpelo. Amazing results. He really likes those angular temples wow. 

Do you have any before pics with hair?

Edited by gilgamesh

On 1/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, karatekid said:

Hi @Adam87 ,  can you show pictures of current hair situation? I wonder how it is progressing.

And also, Im a bit confused about DR.Freitas clinic - In his youtube channels I see smoe videos of InjertoCapillar clinic, and I thought this clinic is owned by Lorenzo. Do you know if Freitas has connection to this clinic?  In which clinic have you done the procedure?

Also, Im considering him for my soon HT but the communication sounds a real issue. Communicating with someone through translator doesnt sound easy, when regard to such serius manner like this

I have been giving monthly updates every month!! Month 6 is 5 days away if you can be patient. I think he might have connection, but go on the Freitas youtube page to see his results, i a question in this thread for the spainsh forum so i could see some more results, thankfully @gilgamesh responded. They speak English fine there, the second head doctor their speak perfect English and she just translates, it is fine, trust me, some of the nurses there also speak English, the person who looks after you will also speak English, so dont worry. The Clinic De Freitas works at is in Valencia. 

On 1/3/2020 at 4:36 PM, gilgamesh said:

It's called recuperarelpelo. Amazing results. He really likes those angular temples wow. 

Do you have any before pics with hair?

Thank you for the forum, much appreciated. I did put a picture at the start but my hair is very long.