SMOKING VAPE

Hey everyone! 

I just recently finished my FUE transplant at LA Hair Clinic and I am very happy. 

I will admit though I have smoked vape Juul in specific 3% a little the night before then a day after my procedure and the day after. I am currently on day 4 and I am craving it and I don't know what to do?

Is it bad to smoke vape with little nicotine? Or should I just cold turkey? My fear with cold turkey is that it will shock my body and it may affect it worse. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

Honestly I’d follow up with your clinic. Smoking is known to reduce blood flow. Not sure if it’s the nicotine or the byproducts of smoking so I’m not sure if vaping has the same consequences. Don’t worry about what you did in the past as there’s nothing you can do now but reach out to your clinic ASAP and express these exact concerns.

I would consider going to a hypnotist to quit that way you wont even crave them and then have no side effects.

In the meantime you could use a little chewing gum with nicotine and only use when you are desperate this will help keep the side effects at bay.

...........Best of luck......

................Paddy.........

I'm also having the same doubts. I'm gonna have my surgery in 2months and wondering if vaping can be as bad as smoking.

I am afraid so but good to hear some second opinion.

Personally, I dont think vaping is as bad as smoking. 

Smoking is carcinogens and nicotine

Vape is more of just nicotine, which can inhibit the hair growth. Im on a few days of not vaping. I've been eating a lot but all for the new hairs! 

2 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

PZA Eating healthy is more important than eating a lot...plenty of good vitamins and plenty of water to help the blood flow and oxygen for those follicles..

.......Paddy....

Thanks ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly vaping is not as bad as smoking tobacco.

But both contain nicotine which can constrict the blood vessels so any doctor or health professional will advise against it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Anything that constricts the blood vessels and/or compromises oxygen to the blood would not be a good idea.

That being said, vaping liquids without nicotine is safer than ones with nicotine.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY