Artas mend hair experiences?

tekken

I found this place from the Artas site. Anyone have experiences with their doctors? They are showing a special as low as $4.50/graft. I couldn't find anything in the search here so that may or may not be a good sign.

Thanks,
Jonas

Do your homework on Artas just like you would for any hair surgeon.  The price you mentioned is a good price per graft but you can get that from a clinic where the surgeon extracts and places every graft....like Carolina Hair Surgery.  I know I’m an advocate but his rates are $4-5 per graft depending on the number you need.  Take a look at his and other surgeons.....before/afters photos on this web site.  Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks guys. I'm not set on Artas and I definitely don't like the larger punch size that manual fue doctors use. And yes, I'm looking for a good doctor and team for their skills. My gut tells me to go overseas for this as the labor intensive procedure here makes is more costly.

There is a reason why there is a list of doctors on this forum.  Go to their websites and review photos.  It is about the results after all.  Once you've chosen 3, call them and explain your situation.  Tell them what you would like to spend, (be reasonable).  Make yourself available.  Many times these clinics may not have a case scheduled on a particular day and may allow a lesser fee if you can take the slot. 

I get a kick out of traveling abroad.  Not sure about the cost of that but I am certain it is not cheap when you consider a flight, hotel, transportation and your normal living expenses. And, while you would have to do that regionally as well, a flight within the US would be less costly.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to an Artas doc here in NY. My consultation wasnt even with the doctor lol it was some guy who had a transplant.

Edited by Shifty

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

I would not be surprised if, whomever has an Artas machine, uses it for marketing purposes only.  It does attract many people and-in a way- does advertise the idea that they are keeping with the times. Once there for consult, however, they will try to push something else...FUT, FUE or whatever technique they are using.

I think most in the industry realize that science has a long way to go.  While I appreciate the fact the staff does not get tired, neither does the machine, this industry needs the human touch.  The doctor and the clinical staff can "see."  The machine can't.  

There are a number of factors involved and I can gladly walk you through them if you wish.....

5 hours ago, LaserCap said:

I would not be surprised if, whomever has an Artas machine, uses it for marketing purposes only.  It does attract many people and-in a way- does advertise the idea that they are keeping with the times. Once there for consult, however, they will try to push something else...FUT, FUE or whatever technique they are using.

I think most in the industry realize that science has a long way to go.  While I appreciate the fact the staff does not get tired, neither does the machine, this industry needs the human touch.  The doctor and the clinical staff can "see."  The machine can't.  

There are a number of factors involved and I can gladly walk you through them if you wish.....

That’s a huge ($200k+ if I remember correctly plus software update costs) just to say HEY WE HAVE ROBOTIC FUE GUYS COME IN then to push something else

For groups that have money....sure!  I am talking more about the clinics that did decide to invest the money and then realize the mistake they made.  Consider it is not only the cost of the machine.  It is the additional investment that's a torn....a plan to fix it if it breaks, the amount the doctor needs to pay outside help, etc.  And not to mention the size of the thing.  Such a shame...So many units just there collecting dust.

• Administrators
On 8/20/2019 at 9:54 AM, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

You might want to consider a clinic that offers several FUE options. One FUE device does not fit all patients. 

This is a great response 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.