Hasson & Wong negative reviews

35 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

From what I recall they use only one or two techs for extraction. Both Hasson and Wong belong to the World FUE institute. Both have said there technicians extract grafts better than they do. I believe it, I’ve said many times; extracting grafts in my opinion is a skill, and skills can be mastered without having a degree. 

This is correct, they have two dedicated FUE techs (Carmen and Elina if I remember correctly). These techs have been with them for years... since I started going to them. They’re both incredibly focussed, ambitious and professional and I would 100% trust them with my scalp. You can see from the patient and clinical posted results that the results are absolutely incredible and equal their FUT surgeries. In fact I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been one H&W FUE patient on this site who has had results short of fantastic. So yeah you just need to check any H&W thread to see just how different they are to the so called hair mills. In fact they could not be further away on the spectrum 

15 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

From what I recall they use only one or two techs for extraction. Both Hasson and Wong belong to the World FUE institute. Both have said there technicians extract grafts better than they do. I believe it, I’ve said many times; extracting grafts in my opinion is a skill, and skills can be mastered without having a degree. 

I can't find a single mention of them on the website, the closest is this:  "If you are having FUE extraction, the extractions may be performed by your surgeon working with specific technicians, or may be performed by specific technicians alone. "

Now if extractions is one of the most vital parts of the surgery, and these techs have supposedly been with them for years, then why aren't they more prominently represented anywhere? If the surgeon does 1/3rd of the surgery, it should be absolutely vital we know who does the other 2/3's? 

@Phil36fromaus  I agree mostly, however i have read about HnW patients who were surprised at the level of tech involvement, I personally was as I thought the doc had to do every step of the surgery by law in NA

52 minutes ago, Payam said:

I can't find a single mention of them on the website, the closest is this:  "If you are having FUE extraction, the extractions may be performed by your surgeon working with specific technicians, or may be performed by specific technicians alone. "

Now if extractions is one of the most vital parts of the surgery, and these techs have supposedly been with them for years, then why aren't they more prominently represented anywhere? If the surgeon does 1/3rd of the surgery, it should be absolutely vital we know who does the other 2/3's? 

@Phil36fromaus  I agree mostly, however i have read about HnW patients who were surprised at the level of tech involvement, I personally was as I thought the doc had to do every step of the surgery by law in NA

There is no supposedly, they have been with them for years, I started going to them in 2007 visited multiple times up to 2015 and called in recently. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, Aftermath said:

There is no supposedly, they have been with them for years, I started going to them in 2007 visited multiple times up to 2015 and called in recently. 

But how should I as a prospective patient know that? Why do they have a section dedicated to their patient coordinator but not the people performing the surgery? This is what I am getting at. You might have seen them at some point but how do we know these are the same techs operating on us today and not some newbie in training? 

4 hours ago, Payam said:

But how should I as a prospective patient know that? Why do they have a section dedicated to their patient coordinator but not the people performing the surgery? This is what I am getting at. You might have seen them at some point but how do we know these are the same techs operating on us today and not some newbie in training? 

H&W’s reps are great, speak to Doug he will give you any and all the info you want. But as said above, it’s all about results and I’ve personally never seen a failed H&W FUE result so they must be doing something right. H&W would never have a newbie doing the extractions, there’s a reason they’re considered the top clinic on the planet. Their staff turnaround isn’t high and over the years the techs have stayed remarkably consistent, and if there are newbies they work their way up, they won’t be performing any of the extractions. But as stated I know for an absolute fact that they have dedicated people doing the extractions and these people are trained to the highest standard 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I see your points Payam, it would be great to have information on their website, but as aftermath has already mentioned. The clinic is completely transparent and willing to provide this information without hesitation. In fact, H&W are largely known as a "strip" clinic, but I honestly think that is changing and they are becoming both FUE and a strip clinic. Also, they are one of the few "strip" clinics that continually attend FUE workshops, and it shows in their results. I wouldn't hesitate getting strip or FUE done at H&W.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

59 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

In terms of all the latest Hasson FUE coming out they have been absolutely killer (seriously has anyone not noticed how stellar they're been?? I sometimes look at them with utter jealousy).

I remember reading somewhere that HnW learnt FUE from Erdogan? Does anyone know if this is true? Whatever those guys are doing they're nailing it.

Yeah their fue has been looking great. Apparently they sent their techs a few years back to train under erdogans. Dr Wong seems to attend many of the fue conferences worldwide so he seems to be trying to advance in the field. They started by using manual punches like asmed but have since moved on to the waw system as that’s what hasson explained to me during my consult. According to JTs new vid they are now also using implanters to place grafts into premade incisions 

Dr Wong seems to be a great guy.  Ive spoken with him.  I kind of feel they are top notch possibly in Canada and as well as North America in general.  Especially the west coast folks, you have Dr Baubac, Dr Diep and H&W.  Their work probably stands out especially when it comes to yield and tru lateral slit work.  You got some clinics that may tell you they will do lateral slit but then your hairs (if some grow) are in all different directions and you just look and wonder how the hell do you get out of this situation.  

There may be updates soon.  Hopefully, will see what happens.  But I highly recommend folks to video record their journeys from the very moment you talk to a doctor in person and do this like a blog so you do not get blamed later for this and that or there is no denial from a doc or change of stories later.  

If you are considering H&W, I think it it a safer option vs some other docs.  Best of luck

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sean said:

Dr Wong seems to be a great guy.  Ive spoken with him.  I kind of feel they are top notch possibly in Canada and as well as North America in general.  Especially the west coast folks, you have Dr Baubac, Dr Diep and H&W.  Their work probably stands out especially when it comes to yield and tru lateral slit work.  You got some clinics that may tell you they will do lateral slit but then your hairs (if some grow) are in all different directions and you just look and wonder how the hell do you get out of this situation.  

There may be updates soon.  Hopefully, will see what happens.  But I highly recommend folks to video record their journeys from the very moment you talk to a doctor in person and do this like a blog so you do not get blamed later for this and that or there is no denial from a doc or change of stories later.  

If you are considering H&W, I think it it a safer option vs some other docs.  Best of luck

Excuse me, but Baubac does not belong in the same category as Diep and Hasson and Wong. With Baubac, I had a poor yield with multi-directional hairs for the few that did yield. Also, the professionalism between Baubac and Hasson is night-and-day difference. 

Edited by Ranger99
Grammar

7 minutes ago, Ranger99 said:

Excuse me, but Baubac does not belong in the same category as Diep and Hasson and Wong. With Baubac, I had a poor yield with multi-directional hairs for the few that did yield. Also, the professionalism between Baubac and Hasson is night-and-day difference. 

Really?  What happened?  I saw him and some his patients in person and this was like 2 +years ago and work looked quite natural.  Not discounting your issue though, but do you have a thread or pics to show what happened?  Was it in Your hairline for you?  What would you rate the yield?  

Ive noticed that lateral slit creates most natural result and will prevent multi direction when done right.  

Good luck with everything 

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Really?  What happened?  I saw him and some his patients in person and this was like 2 +years ago and work looked quite natural.  Not discounting your issue though, but do you have a thread or pics to show what happened?  Was it in Your hairline for you?  What would you rate the yield?  

Ive noticed that lateral slit creates most natural result and will prevent multi direction when done right.  

Good luck with everything 

After I consult with legal counsel, I am going to give the full post-mortem (w. pics) of my botched surgery. Yield was about 30% even though the Armani literature boasts of a 90-95% yield rate (LOL!). Zones 1 and 2, similar to Balboa, although it seems my results were worse than his.

Baubac only did the harvesting and the holes for grafting (it all seemed very rushed). He had two very young latinos doing the actual placement of the grafts.

Edited by Ranger99

17 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Just because you had poor yield, one clinic is not superior than another. There are bad results from H&W just like from any other clinic. Saying that: It is really strange how few patients cases from Baubac are published. 

I am not saying one is superior, but I have consulted with Hasson in person and found him much more professional and seen great results from his patients. I can't say the same for Baubac.

Edited by Ranger99

15 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Just because you had poor yield, one clinic is not superior than another. There are bad results from H&W just like from any other clinic. Saying that: It is really strange how few patients cases from Baubac are published. 

Clearly some clinics have a much higher rate of shit-tier results than others, and some clinics are absolutely superior to others based on % of successful cases. Poor yield due to some x-factor is bullshit as doctors such as Pinto, Couto, Konior and Lorenzo have proven. If your transplant is bad it means your doctor failed you, period. 

Never look at the clinic published results, even your local chop shop will look good if you do. Look at patient results exclusively

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, Payam said:

Could you please elaborate? I don't think it's fair to call every tech run clinic a hair mill obviously, but what makes hasson and Wong any different from some of the Turkish clinics? Do you have any information to share about their techs level of experience and education?  

The techs have huge experience. Turkish clinics normally have 20 year old techs.

8 hours ago, Payam said:

If your transplant is bad it means your doctor failed you, period. 

I disagree on this though! No clinic can guarantee you great growth. This is independent of the doc or techs performing the surgery. Of course (like you said) there might be a better chances with a better clinic. But not guarantees.

Other aspects can be assured by a great clinc:

- A good long term plan

- Distripution of singles and multies

- Angles and growth directions

As i stated at the onset of this thread, i had a skype consult with Dr. Wong and felt very good about it.

However, after waiting this long, a video consult just wont cut it. Plus, i am curious to meet Dr. Hasson also, and he doesn't do video consults.

Booked a consult with both. Flying from New York. Their rep, Chris, was very helpful in working with me so i could see them both same day.

I have no doubt Dr. Konior is great, and we have emailed back and forth, but the guy is just so freaking busy. Getting a consult can be hard enough. I haven't closed that door, but leaning towards H & W, unless i get a really bad vibe after the in person consults.

Wish me luck:-)

20 hours ago, zach0786 said:

As i stated at the onset of this thread, i had a skype consult with Dr. Wong and felt very good about it.

However, after waiting this long, a video consult just wont cut it. Plus, i am curious to meet Dr. Hasson also, and he doesn't do video consults.

Booked a consult with both. Flying from New York. Their rep, Chris, was very helpful in working with me so i could see them both same day.

I have no doubt Dr. Konior is great, and we have emailed back and forth, but the guy is just so freaking busy. Getting a consult can be hard enough. I haven't closed that door, but leaning towards H & W, unless i get a really bad vibe after the in person consults.

Youve got the right idea but just keep in mind somtimes you catch docs when they are busy or tired from surgery so dont base everything off of the consol.

Edited by det9925
grammar

4 hours ago, zach0786 said:

At the end of the day, YOU need to feel comfortable with your doctor. It really doesn’t matter what others think about your decision. That being said, I have never seen a doctor more responsive than Dr. Konior. The man is a magician. I am 13 days post op and couldn’t be happier. With everything. I paid top dollar for my procedure, don’t get me wrong, but it was well worth it. 

22 hours ago, det9925 said:

Youve got the right idea but just keep in mind somtimes you catch docs when they are busy or tired from surgery so dont base everything off of the consol.

Consult, pictures, feedback from this site. I am using all of that. Really trying to do my due diligence before a big, life altering, decision.

All the comments, feedback and other help greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2019 at 10:13 AM, zach0786 said:

Good way to put it. Small difference, but every bit matters. 

Did you end up going with Dr. Konior? 

I called his office, he even schedules the consults himself. Very unusual, but hands-on from beginning to finish, apparently. I have decided to have a consult with Dr. Konior, and depending on how that goes, i think i am open to waiting a year or so.