Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don’t know much about HnW. What I do know is that there have been patients that have been less than satisfied. I looked hard and long but could not find a Dr. Konior patient that wasn’t happy with his/her results. 

As I said, I am not a spokesperson for Dr. Konior. I was simply sharing my experience hoping someone would find it helpful. So far, I have been extremely pleased with the entire process  

Before I chose Dr. Konior, I had a consultation with a prominent doctor whose name pops up on this forum quite often. I asked him “If you were to have the surgery who would you go to?” Without hesitation, he said “Konior, no doubt. He is an artist.”  That statement prompted me to make an appointment with Dr. Konior and travel to Chicago for a consultation. He is a very honest, straightforward person and I felt very comfortable with him.  

All that said, I had about 3500 grafts over two days, and I am 3 days post-op. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.  Hopefully, I will be this happy 6 months from now.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ray123 said:

I don’t know much about HnW. What I do know is that there have been patients that have been less than satisfied. I looked hard and long but could not find a Dr. Konior patient that wasn’t happy with his/her results. 

As I said, I am not a spokesperson for Dr. Konior. I was simply sharing my experience hoping someone would find it helpful. So far, I have been extremely pleased with the entire process  

Before I chose Dr. Konior, I had a consultation with a prominent doctor whose name pops up on this forum quite often. I asked him “If you were to have the surgery who would you go to?” Without hesitation, he said “Konior, no doubt. He is an artist.”  That statement prompted me to make an appointment with Dr. Konior and travel to Chicago for a consultation. He is a very honest, straightforward person and I felt very comfortable with him.  

All that said, I had about 3500 grafts over two days, and I am 3 days post-op. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.  Hopefully, I will be this happy 6 months from now.  

 

3500 grafts should be amazing. I had 2000 with him a few years ago and it was enough to provide me amazing coverage throughout  my hairline and midscalp. Hopefully you should be all set.

I can only echo your sentiments about Konior from personal experience. Was always overwhelmed at his level of responsiveness. 

I've only heard of unhappy patients in the distant past from HnW admittedly, has anyone heard anything recently? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Phil36fromaus @Ray123

You are definitely correct about Konior's approach.

I consulted with 4 or 5 clinics, all whom suggested a procedure of around 1500-2,000 grafts.

However, it was the personal reply of Dr. Konior (not a representative like the others) who suggested I hold off on a HT for the time being, and wait a year or so, then decide if it's truly what I want to undertake.

We emailed back and fourth a few times, and the man just gave me his honest assessment, advice, and peace of mind. It was truly refreshing. You can tell he's an amazing surgeon.

Edited by Greg_Swanson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, zach0786 said:

I recently had a skype interview with Dr. Wong. Nice guy, made me feel at ease, said all the right things.

I felt comfortable with him, and am pretty close to booking a procedure with him. I recently googled H & W, and quite a few horror stories online. Stories about patients being double booked, surgeons disappearing during procedures, aggressive sales tactics. 

This is my second, and most probably, last procedure. Not sure if i will recover if i botch this by selecting the wrong surgeon. Been there, done that. 

I need some advice from all the wonderful people here. How are Hasson and Wong viewed in the hair transplant community? Am i in good hands? 

Should i stick to someone in the States?

Thanks. Really counting on some feedback.

I've been in the Hasson office but never actually got a procedure done with them. I went to them to fix the botch job that Baubac did. I wasn't really happy to hear about how they were going to fix the Baubac butchering, plus the expense. However, I wish that I had gone to Hasson before going to Baubac in the first place, as he does seem like one of the better surgeons, although I don't have any evidence of my own for this statement. 

Giving up on HTs altogether now. Not matter what they tell you, succesful grafts can and do fall out. They are not necessarily permanent. Think about this hard before you commit to anything. It's expensive and there is the possibility of being hacked up ( of course, some people do seem to have very good results, just not I ;)).

Edited by Ranger99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

Let's be serious here, Hasson and Wong are no where near a hair mill. They are two surgeons with two teams who perform surgery. Just because they are not one doctor, and one tech doesn't make them a hair mill. Let's not get in to a "my doctor is better than yours" debate. Back to the topic you would be hard pressed to find any negative reviews for Hasson and Wong they are absolutely elite and have been for over a decade.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

yeah i chose the wrong word on that one (even apologised privately to aftermath). It was more of a comment on the level of involvement by some doctors at every step which i now hold as invaluable - given the lack of doctor involvement at a previous clinic is what led me to become a repair patient (essentially one hand wasnt aware what the other hand was doing). However it doesnt mean that the specialised division of labour involved at other clinics, like HnW is necessary a deficit, and given the potential for doctor fatigue might even be beneficial.

Be difficult to find anyone arguing HnW aren't world class

 

 

Edited by Phil36fromaus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, Zaagirad said:

I've thought about making a thread. I supposed I could do one if there is interest. I'm a big time diffused thinner so we didn't even tackle the crown area. 

Also, it was one session. I was there from 7:30 until 7:30pm at night.

I'm a diffused thinner NW6, please make a thread and share pics. I'd be highly thankful to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

Let's be serious here, Hasson and Wong are no where near a hair mill. They are two surgeons with two teams who perform surgery. Just because they are not one doctor, and one tech doesn't make them a hair mill. Let's not get in to a "my doctor is better than yours" debate. Back to the topic you would be hard pressed to find any negative reviews for Hasson and Wong they are absolutely elite and have been for over a decade.

Could you please elaborate? I don't think it's fair to call every tech run clinic a hair mill obviously, but what makes hasson and Wong any different from some of the Turkish clinics? Do you have any information to share about their techs level of experience and education?  


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Payam said:

Could you please elaborate? I don't think it's fair to call every tech run clinic a hair mill obviously, but what makes hasson and Wong any different from some of the Turkish clinics? Do you have any information to share about their techs level of experience and education?  

From what I recall they use only one or two techs for extraction. Both Hasson and Wong belong to the World FUE institute. Both have said there technicians extract grafts better than they do. I believe it, I’ve said many times; extracting grafts in my opinion is a skill, and skills can be mastered without having a degree. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

From what I recall they use only one or two techs for extraction. Both Hasson and Wong belong to the World FUE institute. Both have said there technicians extract grafts better than they do. I believe it, I’ve said many times; extracting grafts in my opinion is a skill, and skills can be mastered without having a degree. 

This is correct, they have two dedicated FUE techs (Carmen and Elina if I remember correctly). These techs have been with them for years... since I started going to them. They’re both incredibly focussed, ambitious and professional and I would 100% trust them with my scalp. You can see from the patient and clinical posted results that the results are absolutely incredible and equal their FUT surgeries. In fact I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been one H&W FUE patient on this site who has had results short of fantastic. So yeah you just need to check any H&W thread to see just how different they are to the so called hair mills. In fact they could not be further away on the spectrum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

Hasson and Wong cut the strip for FUT though right?? and close it up?

Yes 100%

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Payam said:

Could you please elaborate? I don't think it's fair to call every tech run clinic a hair mill obviously, but what makes hasson and Wong any different from some of the Turkish clinics? Do you have any information to share about their techs level of experience and education?  

 

I've thought about this but I guess the distinction would come down to the level of sophistication, oversight and patient care. As Im not a patient of HnW i can only look at results, but in terms of these factors its hard to compare HnW with any turkish mill (its an outright absurdity really). Plus when you take into account their standards with FUT surgical procedures and they are the pioneers of the lateral slit technique thats not something a regular mill could ever hope to achieve in their wildest dreams (do mills have dreams, and are they in fact wild? digression, sorry). 

But I get where you are coming from given anyone that has had a bad experience where a doc wasnt completely involved in every aspect of an operation it does create some doubt as to how things are handled generally.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

From what I recall they use only one or two techs for extraction. Both Hasson and Wong belong to the World FUE institute. Both have said there technicians extract grafts better than they do. I believe it, I’ve said many times; extracting grafts in my opinion is a skill, and skills can be mastered without having a degree. 

I can't find a single mention of them on the website, the closest is this:  "If you are having FUE extraction, the extractions may be performed by your surgeon working with specific technicians, or may be performed by specific technicians alone. "

Now if extractions is one of the most vital parts of the surgery, and these techs have supposedly been with them for years, then why aren't they more prominently represented anywhere? If the surgeon does 1/3rd of the surgery, it should be absolutely vital we know who does the other 2/3's? 

@Phil36fromaus  I agree mostly, however i have read about HnW patients who were surprised at the level of tech involvement, I personally was as I thought the doc had to do every step of the surgery by law in NA


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Payam said:

I can't find a single mention of them on the website, the closest is this:  "If you are having FUE extraction, the extractions may be performed by your surgeon working with specific technicians, or may be performed by specific technicians alone. "

Now if extractions is one of the most vital parts of the surgery, and these techs have supposedly been with them for years, then why aren't they more prominently represented anywhere? If the surgeon does 1/3rd of the surgery, it should be absolutely vital we know who does the other 2/3's? 

@Phil36fromaus  I agree mostly, however i have read about HnW patients who were surprised at the level of tech involvement, I personally was as I thought the doc had to do every step of the surgery by law in NA

There is no supposedly, they have been with them for years, I started going to them in 2007 visited multiple times up to 2015 and called in recently. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, Aftermath said:

There is no supposedly, they have been with them for years, I started going to them in 2007 visited multiple times up to 2015 and called in recently. 

But how should I as a prospective patient know that? Why do they have a section dedicated to their patient coordinator but not the people performing the surgery? This is what I am getting at. You might have seen them at some point but how do we know these are the same techs operating on us today and not some newbie in training? 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 4:31 PM, Payam said:

I can't find a single mention of them on the website, the closest is this:  "If you are having FUE extraction, the extractions may be performed by your surgeon working with specific technicians, or may be performed by specific technicians alone. "

Now if extractions is one of the most vital parts of the surgery, and these techs have supposedly been with them for years, then why aren't they more prominently represented anywhere? If the surgeon does 1/3rd of the surgery, it should be absolutely vital we know who does the other 2/3's? 

@Phil36fromaus  I agree mostly, however i have read about HnW patients who were surprised at the level of tech involvement, I personally was as I thought the doc had to do every step of the surgery by law in NA

I believe its only USA that requires docs to do the extractions in FUE (HnW and Rahal are based in Canada so have technicians that do their extractions). It's a good question, but ultimately any assessment a prospective patient can make in this industry can only be based upon results. Every clinic has subpar results, but with HnW heir standards seem so higher than the average from what i can discern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Payam said:

But how should I as a prospective patient know that? Why do they have a section dedicated to their patient coordinator but not the people performing the surgery? This is what I am getting at. You might have seen them at some point but how do we know these are the same techs operating on us today and not some newbie in training? 

H&W’s reps are great, speak to Doug he will give you any and all the info you want. But as said above, it’s all about results and I’ve personally never seen a failed H&W FUE result so they must be doing something right. H&W would never have a newbie doing the extractions, there’s a reason they’re considered the top clinic on the planet. Their staff turnaround isn’t high and over the years the techs have stayed remarkably consistent, and if there are newbies they work their way up, they won’t be performing any of the extractions. But as stated I know for an absolute fact that they have dedicated people doing the extractions and these people are trained to the highest standard 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see your points Payam, it would be great to have information on their website, but as aftermath has already mentioned. The clinic is completely transparent and willing to provide this information without hesitation. In fact, H&W are largely known as a "strip" clinic, but I honestly think that is changing and they are becoming both FUE and a strip clinic. Also, they are one of the few "strip" clinics that continually attend FUE workshops, and it shows in their results. I wouldn't hesitate getting strip or FUE done at H&W.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of all the latest Hasson FUE coming out they have been absolutely killer (seriously has anyone not noticed how stellar they're been?? I sometimes look at them with utter jealousy).

I remember reading somewhere that HnW learnt FUE from Erdogan? Does anyone know if this is true? Whatever those guys are doing they're nailing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

In terms of all the latest Hasson FUE coming out they have been absolutely killer (seriously has anyone not noticed how stellar they're been?? I sometimes look at them with utter jealousy).

I remember reading somewhere that HnW learnt FUE from Erdogan? Does anyone know if this is true? Whatever those guys are doing they're nailing it.

Yeah their fue has been looking great. Apparently they sent their techs a few years back to train under erdogans. Dr Wong seems to attend many of the fue conferences worldwide so he seems to be trying to advance in the field. They started by using manual punches like asmed but have since moved on to the waw system as that’s what hasson explained to me during my consult. According to JTs new vid they are now also using implanters to place grafts into premade incisions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Wong seems to be a great guy.  Ive spoken with him.  I kind of feel they are top notch possibly in Canada and as well as North America in general.  Especially the west coast folks, you have Dr Baubac, Dr Diep and H&W.  Their work probably stands out especially when it comes to yield and tru lateral slit work.  You got some clinics that may tell you they will do lateral slit but then your hairs (if some grow) are in all different directions and you just look and wonder how the hell do you get out of this situation.  

There may be updates soon.  Hopefully, will see what happens.  But I highly recommend folks to video record their journeys from the very moment you talk to a doctor in person and do this like a blog so you do not get blamed later for this and that or there is no denial from a doc or change of stories later.  

If you are considering H&W, I think it it a safer option vs some other docs.  Best of luck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sean said:

Dr Wong seems to be a great guy.  Ive spoken with him.  I kind of feel they are top notch possibly in Canada and as well as North America in general.  Especially the west coast folks, you have Dr Baubac, Dr Diep and H&W.  Their work probably stands out especially when it comes to yield and tru lateral slit work.  You got some clinics that may tell you they will do lateral slit but then your hairs (if some grow) are in all different directions and you just look and wonder how the hell do you get out of this situation.  

There may be updates soon.  Hopefully, will see what happens.  But I highly recommend folks to video record their journeys from the very moment you talk to a doctor in person and do this like a blog so you do not get blamed later for this and that or there is no denial from a doc or change of stories later.  

If you are considering H&W, I think it it a safer option vs some other docs.  Best of luck

Excuse me, but Baubac does not belong in the same category as Diep and Hasson and Wong. With Baubac, I had a poor yield with multi-directional hairs for the few that did yield. Also, the professionalism between Baubac and Hasson is night-and-day difference. 

Edited by Ranger99
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ranger99 said:

Excuse me, but Baubac does not belong in the same category as Diep and Hasson and Wong. With Baubac, I had a poor yield with multi-directional hairs for the few that did yield. Also, the professionalism between Baubac and Hasson is night-and-day difference. 

Really?  What happened?  I saw him and some his patients in person and this was like 2 +years ago and work looked quite natural.  Not discounting your issue though, but do you have a thread or pics to show what happened?  Was it in Your hairline for you?  What would you rate the yield?  

Ive noticed that lateral slit creates most natural result and will prevent multi direction when done right.  

Good luck with everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Really?  What happened?  I saw him and some his patients in person and this was like 2 +years ago and work looked quite natural.  Not discounting your issue though, but do you have a thread or pics to show what happened?  Was it in Your hairline for you?  What would you rate the yield?  

Ive noticed that lateral slit creates most natural result and will prevent multi direction when done right.  

Good luck with everything 

After I consult with legal counsel, I am going to give the full post-mortem (w. pics) of my botched surgery. Yield was about 30% even though the Armani literature boasts of a 90-95% yield rate (LOL!). Zones 1 and 2, similar to Balboa, although it seems my results were worse than his.

Baubac only did the harvesting and the holes for grafting (it all seemed very rushed). He had two very young latinos doing the actual placement of the grafts.

Edited by Ranger99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×