Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Greg_Swanson said:

I definitely understand the tech versus minimal tech involvement, but at the end of the day, no one can argue how incredibly consistent H&W's work is. I don't know if people can really say there are much better alternatives, I thought it was pretty well accepted that H&W are amongst the elite of the elite.

Were you going with FUE or FUT

 

FUT. I already have a scar from a previous surgery, so don't see the point in FUE.

From what i hear, Dr. Wong is great in maximizing donor hair, which is what i am hoping to accomplish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AssaultedByDHT said:

H&W is great if you're rich. They are top notch. Of course, there are other reputable doctors that do great jobs at a much lower cost.

Actually, I think H & W are about average when it comes to money in this area. Dr. Konior is what i would consider extremly expensive, but based on his results, probably worth it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bismarck said:

Hasson is extremely consistent, Wong is good but not quite at Hasson's level. Probably one of the most consistent active clinics for FUT in the entire world.

That's actually very interesting. 

Based purely on pictures on this site, i thought Dr. Wong had more jaw dropping results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you honestly can’t go wrong with either Hasson or Wong. both are very reasonably priced for north america 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait... people are downplaying H&W and acting like they aren’t and haven’t been the premier HT surgeons in the world for over a decade? You can probably count the amount of bad results from this clinic posted to this forum on one hand. They are incredibly consistent and regularly produce world class results in the patient posted threads. Also they are not pushy, I’ve had experience with 4 clinics and was only harassed by one and that wasn’t H&W

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a common consensus on this site that Dr. Hasson's results are significantly better and consistent than those of Dr. Wong.

Bismarck had mentioned that and made me curious.

Of the two, who is better at mega sessions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 1:13 PM, zach0786 said:

Good way to put it. Small difference, but every bit matters. 

Did you end up going with Dr. Konior? 

I called his office, he even schedules the consults himself. Very unusual, but hands-on from beginning to finish, apparently. I have decided to have a consult with Dr. Konior, and depending on how that goes, i think i am open to waiting a year or so.

I had my FUT with Dr. Konior a few months ago, really great experience and enjoying some early growth. Feel free to PM if you have further questions.

1 hour ago, zach0786 said:

Is it a common consensus on this site that Dr. Hasson's results are significantly better and consistent than those of Dr. Wong.

Bismarck had mentioned that and made me curious.

Of the two, who is better at mega sessions?

They both have a strong reputation for mega sessions. I'd be more inclined to go with Hasson for hairline work and Wong for crown work. I wouldn't say Hasson's results are necessarily better, but he's posted some serious home runs over the past few months.

Edited by RecessionProof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zach0786 said:

FUT. I already have a scar from a previous surgery, so don't see the point in FUE.

From what i hear, Dr. Wong is great in maximizing donor hair, which is what i am hoping to accomplish.

Honestly, if you're going FUT, H&W are a no-brainer.

Both surgeons do amazing FUT work, and can get so many grafts out of single sessions. Plus their FUT isn't that expensive at all, there are far more expensive FUT operators around. 

When it comes to strip, it's pretty well understood that H&W are pretty much the best place you can go. This thread is virtually the first time I've seen people question anything about either of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zach0786 said:

Is it a common consensus on this site that Dr. Hasson's results are significantly better and consistent than those of Dr. Wong.

Bismarck had mentioned that and made me curious.

Of the two, who is better at mega sessions?

That's interesting, I did a post not too long ago about this, and the consensus was that they are equally as good. Small sample size, of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, zach0786 said:

Actually, I think H & W are about average when it comes to money in this area. Dr. Konior is what i would consider extremly expensive, but based on his results, probably worth it .

I’ll agree. You will get what you pay for, and this is not something I’d skimp on. You only get to use your donor area once, and having a great surgeon would be a way to help to stack the odds of a successful transplant in your favor. For me, I’m going to go with a surgeon that is good at strip and FUE, mainly because I’ve heard you can get better density from strip first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a disclaimer....I am neither paid to promote Dr. Konior nor am I an online representative of his. 

I just had my surgery with him. He is AMAZING. I am 3 days post-opand you can barely notice that I have had a major surgery. 

Apart from his skills as a surgeon, he is a fantastic human being. He is what all doctors should aspire to be like — nothing he does is about him, the focus is 100% on the patient.

Yes, he is very expensive and the wait is long. I had to wait 15 months for my surgery. But at the end, I sincerely believe that it was well worth it. 

Best of luck.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ray123 said:

Just a disclaimer....I am neither paid to promote Dr. Konior nor am I an online representative of his. 

I just had my surgery with him. He is AMAZING. I am 3 days post-opand you can barely notice that I have had a major surgery. 

Apart from his skills as a surgeon, he is a fantastic human being. He is what all doctors should aspire to be like — nothing he does is about him, the focus is 100% on the patient.

Yes, he is very expensive and the wait is long. I had to wait 15 months for my surgery. But at the end, I sincerely believe that it was well worth it. 

Best of luck.  

That’s great, and I’m happy you feel that way, but I feel you can’t really say how good a surgeon is until you’ve experienced the results. Not to say you won’t, u picked a really good surgeon imo, but he could be the nicest, most professional guy in the world, but when all is said and done the only thing that matters is the results 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree with your statement. I have seen enough pictures to have an “educated” idea about the subject. 

What I can tell you is that his results are almost always amazing. I hope I am not the exception. 

Also, I had a very personalized experience. I wasn’t just another patient and it wasn’t just another process. I had a two-day procedure and Dr. Konior was there the entire time and performed all the work himself. To me, that’s valuable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray123 said:

I do agree with your statement. I have seen enough pictures to have an “educated” idea about the subject. 

What I can tell you is that his results are almost always amazing. I hope I am not the exception. 

Also, I had a very personalized experience. I wasn’t just another patient and it wasn’t just another process. I had a two-day procedure and Dr. Konior was there the entire time and performed all the work himself. To me, that’s valuable. 

I really hope you get great results, and I don’t doubt you will, but I feel like there aren’t really that many konior results on here. What I’ve seen is good, but it’s not like his patients are prolific on here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread because HnW and Konior are the only guys I'd ever consider doing a strip with (and did a strip with Konior 4 years ago whose scar size turned out to be comparable or less than the FUE scars i got in a later HT), although I believe their approaches to HTs are somewhat opposed.

IMO HnW are more about maximising whatever donor they can get from each individual surgery, believing that each surgery carries with it a certain level of risk, and are probably the best in the world in their high density work. So you will get the massive mega sessions coming out of there at a consistent rate. Konior on the other hand seems to limit each daily procedure to around 2000 grafts a day, with an emphasis on naturalism and graft placement via the least invasive means possible (i.e. stick and place). So Konior is far more conservative and potentially more adaptive to the unpredictable nature of MPB, and probably why he has a reputation as the go to guy for repair work when you want to make your last remaining grafts count.

HnW then are more of a mill compared to Konior, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but it might give an entirely different understanding of each clinic approaches their patients and what type of results you could aim to achieve by considering both. 

Or so is my understanding

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray123 said:

I do agree with your statement. I have seen enough pictures to have an “educated” idea about the subject. 

What I can tell you is that his results are almost always amazing. I hope I am not the exception. 

Also, I had a very personalized experience. I wasn’t just another patient and it wasn’t just another process. I had a two-day procedure and Dr. Konior was there the entire time and performed all the work himself. To me, that’s valuable. 

how many grafts did you have done over the 2 days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Interesting thread because HnW and Konior are the only guys I'd ever consider doing a strip with (and did a strip with Konior 4 years ago whose scar size turned out to be comparable or less than the FUE scars i got in a later HT), although I believe their approaches to HTs are somewhat opposed.

IMO HnW are more about maximising whatever donor they can get from each individual surgery, believing that each surgery carries with it a certain level of risk, and are probably the best in the world in their high density work. So you will get the massive mega sessions coming out of there at a consistent rate. Konior on the other hand seems to limit each daily procedure to around 2000 grafts a day, with an emphasis on naturalism and graft placement via the least invasive means possible (i.e. stick and place). So Konior is far more conservative and potentially more adaptive to the unpredictable nature of MPB, and probably why he has a reputation as the go to guy for repair work when you want to make your last remaining grafts count.

HnW then are more of a mill compared to Konior, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but it might give an entirely different understanding of each clinic approaches their patients and what type of results you could aim to achieve by considering both. 

Or so is my understanding

 

I’m sorry but there’s no way H&W are or could ever be considered a “mill”, in fact they’re probably one of the most renowned clinics in the world for repair work. They are not reckless with grafts and frankly even just as a patient I find that post insulting and uninformed. The megasessions aren’t about more bang for your buck they’re done because they give the best possible results with damn near 100% graft survival. Konior is a great surgeon but when it comes to before and after pics no one is more consistent with more dramatic results than H&W and the density they achieve in one pass is unrivalled. Take a look at the Spanish guy on their homepage for example who I think had 10 K grafts in one sitting and went from totally bald to no sign of hairloss, what would the benefit there have been going for a conservative approach of 5 2k surgeries? With his waiting list it would’ve taken what 10 years to get that result with konior?

Edited by Aftermath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

:more of a mill compared to konior is what i said sir

And that sir is still total BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was a repair patient from my 2nd HT and consulted with both, and both had dramatically different approaches to solve my problem. Konior gave me the more conservative approach of FUE whereas Wong wanted me to attempt a strip after a badly performed FUE. Given that the strip was the riskier procedure when I could have also gotten by with an FUE, i believe it reveals the different ethos, which was articulated directly to me by both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phil36fromaus said:

i was a repair patient from my 2nd HT and consulted with both, and both had dramatically different approaches to solve my problem. Konior gave me the more conservative approach of FUE whereas Wong wanted me to attempt a strip after a badly performed FUE. Given that the strip was the riskier procedure when I could have also gotten by with an FUE, i believe it reveals the different ethos, which was articulated directly to me by both

Or you could look at it the other way and say you had a failed FUE so dr wong suggested FUT as a more reliable method to eliminate the possibility that you didn’t have good hair for an FUE and that actually FUE could’ve been a riskier approach as after 2 bouts of FUE you probably couldn’t do a FUT (if it had in fact failed again).

from what you deduced from that you thought H&W were reckless with grafts and more of a hair mill? That’s a strange conclusion from an one opposing treatment plan, which when you actually look at it, dr wongs approach was probably more conservative and would’ve given you more lifetime grafts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not reckless, just that to solve my specific problem I only really needed 900 grafts. whereas wong was going to attempt to get 2400. 

and i dont believe HnW are reckless with grafts at all, i believe they are the best in the world at megasesssions/high density work. the more of a mill comment was more of a reference to the level of involvement Konior has in his surgeries at every level. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phil36fromaus said:

not reckless, just that to solve my specific problem I only really needed 900 grafts. whereas wong was going to attempt to get 2400. 

and i dont believe HnW are reckless with grafts at all, i believe they are the best in the world at megasesssions/high density work. the more of a mill comment was more of a reference to the level of involvement Konior has in his surgeries at every level. 

 

I just don’t think you throw around the term hair mill lightly. Maybe you could’ve chose a better term. One of the premier clinics for results in the entire world should never be referred to as a hair mill when that term has so many negative connotations on this site. I think I get what your point it, you just used a term that I think is totally unjust for that clinic that’s why I felt the need to defend them

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To explain my situation i basically had my 2nd HT surgeon "forget" my hairline and in the process he depleted my donor via FUE.

HnW answer was to attempt FUT after the donor depletion and aim for 2400 grafts, which would have fixed my hairline and more.

Konior was more conservative and said he could extract 900 grafts though selective harvesting and just fix the hairline. Meaning that in the future if my MPB progresses I still had the FUT to fall back on, and if not then i didnt risk the strip.

I was terrified of attempting a strip after FUE given how many horror shows you see, but then again I believe HnW are the only guys along with Konior that could do it. Being conservative i ultimately opted for FUE to fix my problem. But i would have absolutely no hesitation to contact HnW again given their surgical skills.

It's just that I believe my circumstances revealed their differing approaches. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×